#3 is our best possible draft position, #11 is the worst.

matty72780

Depending on what happens next Sunday we will either have the #3 pick in the 2021 draft or we could fall as far as #11 if we win. 

What teams below us as of today may want our pick to snag a guy like Zach Wilson, Trey Lance of even a Justin Fields if he drops to us. 

Teams with QB needs:#7, 8, & 9. The Giants, Lions and Panthers. We can immediately throw the Panthers out as trade down partners, but it’ll be interesting to see what the Lions and Giants do. Cowboys at 13 and 49ers at 14, even the Patriots at 18 all may make drastic trade up pushes, but moving into 3 may just be too much to pay.

One more L on Sunday boys! 

11 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Depending on what happens next Sunday we will either have the #3 pick in the 2021 draft or we could fall as far as #11 if we win. 

What teams below us as of today may want our pick to snag a guy like Zach Wilson, Trey Lance of even a Justin Fields if he drops to us. 

Teams with QB needs:#7, 8, & 9. The Giants, Lions and Panthers. We can immediately throw the Panthers out as trade down partners, but it’ll be interesting to see what the Lions and Giants do. Cowboys at 13 and 49ers at 14, even the Patriots at 18 all may make drastic trade up pushes, but moving into 3 may just be too much to pay.

Geez. That’s such a drop. If I’m not mistaken if Tampa wins they play the NFC East champion. Strategically that would be the better move for them; that division is the $hits. Not to mention I don’t think Arians or Brady want to lose to a division rival and lose momentum. We’ll see though. 

17 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

We aren’t trading down

1 hour ago, matty72780 said:

Don't bet on it.  We'll win that game unfortunately.  We almost won today against a team trying to shore up the number 1 seed and next week we'll be playing a team that will possibly be resting a lot of their starters.  As a Falcons fan I am bracing myself to drop down about 5-7 spots in the draft after next weekend.

Hmm what do I want more?

An upset win over a Division rival who is already playoff bound, giving us a 5-11 season but with that great momentum going in to next year

or.....

A chance at a Top tier high draft pick or trade scenario for a draft haul to set us up for the next few years of rebuilding

Tough decision :(

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I wouldn’t bet on Belichick trading up for a QB.

31 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Denver just drafted Drew Lock, they aren’t trading up for a QB. 

Most likely true on NE and Denver. Those are just possibilities. I didn't include Carolina because I doubt we'd let them trade up with us.

In a nutshell, there really are no candidates until you look into the playoff teams. Highly unlikely any of them will give up what it takes to move that far up in the draft.

I think our trade partners are extremely remote. But you never know who wants to do what until draft day.

1 hour ago, kenn.junior said:

I know one of you math genesis got my back right here what are the scenarios of us picking #3-#11 like what has to happen for us to pick each position.  

There are too many variables to spend time on a post explaining all the scenarios. In a nutshell it will have to do with strength of schedules based on who wins/loses in week 17. 

At the end of the day, its our third pick to lose. If as an organization we want a guy like Sewell, Fields/Wilson (which ever QB falls to #3) or Parsons Blank steps in and tells Morris to rest our starters and allow our backups to play. 

The issue with having an interim coach in this situation is that he’s fighting for a job and will not want to lose so we will more than likely put our best effort on the field, even if it means getting a generational type talent that we’d have a shot at if the season ended today. 

Sure, we can get a great player between #7-11 but it ain’t top 3 caliber. Another things that’s awesome with top 3 is our positioning in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. The 3rd best and 35th best college player sounds a whole lot better than the 11th and the 43rd.  But just like the Falcons always do, we will blow it and win this meaningless game. 

26 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

There are too many variables to spend time on a post explaining all the scenarios. In a nutshell it will have to do with strength of schedules based on who wins/loses in week 17. 

At the end of the day, its our third pick to lose. If as an organization we want a guy like Sewell, Fields/Wilson (which ever QB falls to #3) or Parsons Blank steps in and tells Morris to rest our starters and allow our backups to play. 

The issue with having an interim coach in this situation is that he’s fighting for a job and will not want to lose so we will more than likely put our best effort on the field, even if it means getting a generational type talent that we’d have a shot at if the season ended today. 

Sure, we can get a great player between #7-11 but it ain’t top 3 caliber. Another things that’s awesome with top 3 is our positioning in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. The 3rd best and 35th best college player sounds a whole lot better than the 11th and the 43rd.  But just like the Falcons always do, we will blow it and win this meaningless game. 

yea I desperately want the 3rd pick haven't had it since 2008. I know guys want to win and I know some of us want them to win but i really believe this time its just smart to get to 3. I'm not saying we should bench Ryan this week but I just hope somehow we lose. this might be the first I'm desperately rooting for us to lose.