Fields or Wilson if you are ATL at #3

Lawrence won't make it past #1. I think the phones are gonna be blazing at pick # 2-5 for QB hungry teams. I think the fact that the Jets and Bengals wont take QB is reason for that. Wilson is better than Fields. Teams will fall in love with him because he has the potential to be Mayfield/Mahome type talent. Fields is the enigma for me. Has all the tools, trained with QB coaches since middle school, top recruit, former Bulldog,local talent. Would be a great PR move. Would the new GM/HC start the rook and deal Matt? Let them backup? Would a rookie QB drafted that high, light a fire under Matt resulting in better play? Which of the 2(Wilson or Fields) is more NFL ready? This should be a interesting off-season.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truthfully the best answer is neither. Play several teams against each other and trade down for a ransom of picks. 

Man, I just want a good GM and HC hire. The rest will take care of itself.

Y’all really, really gonna miss Ryan when he’s gone

6 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Lawrence won't make it past #1. I think the phones are gonna be blazing at pick # 2-5 for QB hungry teams. I think the fact that the Jets and Bengals wont take QB is reason for that. Wilson is better than Fields. Teams will fall in love with him because he has the potential to be Mayfield/Mahome type talent. Fields is the enigma for me. Has all the tools, trained with QB coaches since middle school, top recruit, former Bulldog,local talent. Would be a great PR move. Would the new GM/HC start the rook and deal Matt? Let them backup? Would a rookie QB drafted that high, light a fire under Matt resulting in better play? Which of the 2(Wilson or Fields) is more NFL ready? This should be a interesting off-season.

Jets are 100% taking a QB @ 2. 

8 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Parsons makes us better than either QB.

24 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Unless someone wants to trade a kings ransom for that pick then stay where you are and pick BPA at a position of need. QB is a need but at that point you may have to pull the trigger in Sewell based on talent. 

i have a feeling, with the hype around these qb's this year, fleecing a team for that pick could be a serious possibility.

I just saw the thread as of now Falcs pick 4th. I would take Parsons in that case since Dolphs will probably take Sewell. You 9nly trade down if you can get the player you want and extra picks. So how deep is the draft if you trade down and still get what you want? I think Sewell and Parsons will grade out at the top along with Lawrence. 

8 minutes ago, Falconsailorman said:

I have been reading up on Sewell. There are those that think he is a generational talent. If so do you want to have another draft where you pick a Mathews over Donald? Mathews can switch positions if that is the case. 

So let’s put this in perspective.

This year Ryan played on an oline with 3 first round picks and not cheap FAs.

And the results were so so.

So Ryan needs to play on a line with 4 first round picks?

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i have a feeling, with the hype around these qb's this year, fleecing a team for that pick could be a serious possibility.

I agree. It’s a real possibility. Other than Lawrence there isn’t a pro ready prospect of the bunch. The combine is going to be a determining factor. Which is going to be great because that means that every QB not named Lawrence is going to be there trying to get that #2 QB slot. 

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Lets be real with ourselves, the OC doesnt know WTH hes doing and is playing against his entire Olines strengths. 

44 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Truthfully the best answer is neither. Play several teams against each other and trade down for a ransom of picks. 

Dumb answer. You don’t trade from 3 with a franchise altering QB available for a 36 year old statue Matt Ryan who can’t make a play yet alone lead you to any wins with TONS of weapons at his disposal. 

Edited by jetpac
24 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

True but if Sewell were there and is a generational talent do you not pick him and have the Mathews draft all over again bypassing a possible hall of famer?

Edited by Falconsailorman
1 hour ago, lju713 said:

Lighting a fire under a 36 year old is not how franchises are built.