Who thinks that Arthur Blank and Rich McKay will only hire a GM that wants to keep Matt Ryan?

I think that it's very unlikely that Arthur Blank hires a GM that says he wants to move on from Matt Ryan. I think that Arthur Blank meant what he said when he said Matt Ryan will be a Falcon for life. I think Arthur Blank hires a GM that wants to work with Matt Ryan. Julio maybe a different story. But I think he stays as well. Your thoughts? 

No, I think he will pick the guy he believes is best for the franchise. I also think that the combination of having MR and the a top 3 pick will be enticing to a HC. It allows him to have a solid above average NFL starter on the team and if he chooses to draft a QB with the 1st pick he can let him develop instead of throwing him in the fire. I think Fields, Wilson and Lance could all use some time to develop. I think there are bigger holes on the team but I understand MR is 36 years old. 

Edited by FalconDawg28
2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Build the defense, come with a decent offensive scheme that includes running the ball and any QB could have success. What we saw today was a team not coached well. That’s the real problem.

the problem w/ building around a defense is it really takes a collective #1-11 to build an elite unit - and even then - good offense beats good defense in the modern era.

Elite defenses are hard to keep because of free agency.

15 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I doubt any of the GM's will have a better plan when we have bigger holes to fill. 

Agree. I think McKay saying the franchise would be prepared to move on "if the new GM could show how that would produce W's"  was more symbolic in saying the GM would have that authority, even though the reality is Ryan isn't going anywhere for a year or more.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the problem w/ building around a defense is it really takes a collective #1-11 to build an elite unit - and even then - good offense beats good defense in the modern era.

For sure. But this team hasn't had a good defensive scheme in years. Same with an offensive scheme. It's got to be better coaching all around.

15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I wouldn't say that exactly.

Steelers rarely ever draft in the top 10 or 11 and still build elite defenses.

Even the Denver Broncos historic SB winning defense didn't have many top 10 picks on it. Von Miller was in the minority.

Finances dictate Matt Ryan retires a Falcon.  Two years from now.  Selecting a QB at 3 sounds good, but because of the rookie pay scale, it behooves the team to play him now.  But, we cannot unload MR so sitting a kid for two years makes almost no sense.  My guess is that any coach in bound would rather keep Ryan, at least for the next two years, to keep continuity and have a better chance to win in the near term.