Who do you think that the Falcons will pick at number 3?

Just now, JDaveG said:

Sewell if he’s there, probably Parsons if he isn’t (and maybe if he is). 

Outside chance they pick one of the QBs but I’d be surprised if they did. This team has a lot of holes. 

3 gives you a lot of options. A QB hungry team will likely offer a lot of capital (probably more than the chart calls for) for that pick to get ahead of another QB hungry team. 

1 minute ago, marvinthemartian said:

3 gives you a lot of options. A QB hungry team will likely offer a lot of capital (probably more than the chart calls for) for that pick to get ahead of another QB hungry team. 

Yeah, trade back would be ideal, especially if you can get a coveted player at their pick in the first. 

Think it's too many options mixed with too early to know. Like trading down makes the most sense, but then again, Sewell is massive, physically and talent-wise. Rousseau would be a good get too, but then again, it might too high for him with him opting out this year. The corners aren't worthy of that high a pick. Parson would be too much of an overlap in talent, and just looking at some of his film, maybe I'm not as high as I once was on him due to some coverage woes. Fields is about the only QB I would take that high, but I need to see him workout first.

I think if the QB is there that you like, you take him. Does anyone honestly think we may be picking top 5 again anytime soon? I don’t, I believe a competent OC will get this offense rolling again and even if that doesn’t lead to playoff success, it could lead to 1, 2 or 3 more wins and that obviously gets you out of top 5 range.

Big time QBs don’t hit free agency and if you trade for one your gonna give up way more than the third pick to get him and I highly doubt any legit big time QBs will be dealt.

If the new GM and HC isn’t about that life right now and thinks that a team that has led 8 games by 6+ Only to lose is just a few tweaks away then I think you take the best Olineman at 3 or trade back and take the best lineman and then trade back up if needed for Bamas Harris. I think that scenario certainly plays out if Arthur Smith is the HC.

But I do believe the next HC will be an offensive mind and offense will be the first pick or two we make.

8 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

I think if the QB is there that you like, you take him. Does anyone honestly think we may be picking top 5 again anytime soon? I don’t, I believe a competent OC will get this offense rolling again and even if that doesn’t lead to playoff success, it could lead to 1, 2 or 3 more wins and that obviously gets you out of top 5 range.

Heck of a problem to have...I'd be just fine with that! ;)

21 hours ago, 32wood84white said:

Big time QBs don’t hit free agency and if you trade for one your gonna give up way more than the third pick to get him and I highly doubt any legit big time QBs will be dealt.

If the new GM and HC isn’t about that life right now and thinks that a team that has led 8 games by 6+ Only to lose is just a few tweaks away then I think you take the best Olineman at 3 or trade back and take the best lineman and then trade back up if needed for Bamas Harris. I think that scenario certainly plays out if Arthur Smith is the HC.

But I do believe the next HC will be an offensive mind and offense will be the first pick or two we make.

I understand your logic but I tend to disagree with it.  There's this false narrative that to get a great QB you have to select at the top of the 1st round, and it simply isn't true.

Lamar Jackson was pick #32

Patrick Mahomes was 10

Deshaun Watson 12

Dak Prescott 135

Russell Wilson 78

Aaron Rodgers 24

Drew Brees 32

Tom Brady 199

Meanwhile, here are the QB's that went in the top 5 from 2014 - 2018:

2018: Baker Mayfield at 1, Sam Darnold at 3

2017: Mitchell Trubisky at 2

2016: Jared Goff at 1, Carson Wentz at 2

2015: Jameis Winston at 1, Marcus Mariota at 2

2014: Blake Bortles at 3

If the new GM is super high on a guy like Fields or Wilson, okay...but don't force it.  I'd prefer to take the best player available in round 1 and shoot for our next QB in the mid-rounds. 

22 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If the Falcons stay at 3 what do you think that they do? Trade up for Trevor Lawrence? Draft a defensive player? 

I think it's a little too soon to take a QB....maybe stay with MR2 for another year, mainly because the Cap Hit would be too great.  What we REALLY need is a monstrous DE!!!  Of course, it'll totally be up to the new GM and HC, not some poster here on TATF....LOL!