Tonight is a huge game for 3rd pick

PriMeTiiMe

After Cowboys and Hawks close out these games our SOS will be higher than the Texans therefor they will pass us for 3rd pick and we will drop to 4th.

Root hard for Titans tonight. If they win we draw back even in SOS but hold the 2nd tiebreaker over them therefor would be back at the 3rd pick.

If Packers Win we fall further behind them in SOS and it will make things harder in week 17 getting that 3rd pick.

13 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

After Cowboys and Hawks close out these games our SOS will be higher than the Texans therefor they will pass us for 3rd pick and we will drop to 4th.

Root hard for Titans tonight. If they win we draw back even in SOS but hold the 2nd tiebreaker over them therefor would be back at the 3rd pick.

If Packers Win we fall further behind them in SOS and it will make things harder in week 17 getting that 3rd pick.

I know Arthur Smith knows this so he is gonna win and then come coach us ... hahahaha

Just now, HEIST said:

I'm not worried about it. Dolphins are not taking a QB and if we don't take a QB then we failed this draft anyway. Though I guess there is the possibility that they trade back and collect a haul from a QB hungry team.

If dolphins are 3rd they will take the best oline on the board. Also what qb you trying to pick if lawrence and fields off the board?

16 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I'm not worried about it. Dolphins are not taking a QB and if we don't take a QB then we failed this draft anyway. Though I guess there is the possibility that they trade back and collect a haul from a QB hungry team.

Yep exactly. Not worried about them taking a qb but rather them moving back when it could be us cashing in instead.

I want us to be able to have 1 of 3 options guaranteed:

1] QB (Fields or Wilson)
2] Sewell
3] Trade down with team giving up a fortune for a QB

20 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Not so fast. The reason the Dolphins pushed Tua into the lineup is because they have a bunch of draft picks and wanted to see if he is the future at that position. They have pulled him from games for not being effective. It wouldn't shock me one bit if they drafted another quarterback for those reasons. Thats why Atlanta better take this draft very seriously from the quarterback position. Lawrence, Fields, Wilson/Lance could be drafted in the top 3 picks.

2 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Not so fast. The reason the Dolphins pushed Tua into the lineup is because they have a bunch of draft picks and wanted to see if he is the future at that position. They have pulled him from games for not being effective. It wouldn't shock me one bit if they drafted another quarterback for those reasons. Thats why Atlanta better take this draft very seriously from the quarterback position. Lawrence, Fields, Wilson/Lance could be drafted in the top 3 picks.

At least it won’t be the Panthers so glad they won and likely will be stuck with Bridgewater for another year unless they give up a haul to move up

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

At least it won’t be the Panthers so glad they won and likely will be stuck with Bridgewater for another year unless they give up a haul to move up

If Atlanta doesn't draft one of the top 4 quarterbacks in this draft, they miss a window that will not be available for a while at that position. The 2023 draft would  be the next draft with quarterbacks that I like.

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

If Atlanta doesn't draft one of the top 4 quarterbacks in this draft, they miss a window that will not be available for a while at that position. The 2023 draft would  be the next draft with quarterbacks that I like.

Oh well, at least Ryan can still play for another 3-4 years at minimum physically.

9 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Dolphins won't be drafting another QB.

Tua is gonna get more time than this season.

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I don’t see us taking a QB at 3. Won’t make us a better team. We are still good enough and with the right pieces added and better coaching we are right back in the hunt.

Unless this QB everyone wants is a Hofer day 1. 

Yeah, it makes no sense to use that high a pick on a guy who won’t see the field for at least one, likely two years. And that’s if he could beat out Matt, because I’d bet money no rook QB could. He’d have to be handed the job without earning it.

We’d be much better off trading down and robbing some QB needy team., while using our draft to try to fix immediate needs. This is especially true considering the state of our cap, and the league cap issues as well. 

47 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Looks like #4 it is boys 

good news is if there was ever a draft it doesn’t matter it’s this one (unless you wanted a QB)

Sewell isn’t worth it given our current roster makeup. We can just take Surtain if we want now or trade back

Or take Parsons or Rou...and if we win next week, 4 ain’t gonna be it anyway.

2 hours ago, HEIST said:

Dolphins have been playing chess since Flores got there. I expect them to take Sewell and protect Tua. 

2 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I don’t see us taking a QB at 3. Won’t make us a better team. We are still good enough and with the right pieces added and better coaching we are right back in the hunt.

Unless this QB everyone wants is a Hofer day 1. 

Right. Our best option right now is to acquire the highest possible pick then trade it later for additional assets.

Before we talk of drafting any rookie QB, the broken team needs to be fixed.  We need to finish the O-Line and build a top 10-12 defense.  Drafting a rookie QB would be foolish, because even if by some miracle he beat out Ryan, he would get the **** beat out of him behind this line and would always be playing from behind with this defense.  Doesn’t matter which rookie QB you pick this year, they aren’t going to turn this franchise around in its current state.  Fix the team before you draft Ryan’s replacement.

23 hours ago, coastiemike said:

Before we talk of drafting any rookie QB, the broken team needs to be fixed.  We need to finish the O-Line and build a top 10-12 defense.  Drafting a rookie QB would be foolish, because even if by some miracle he beat out Ryan, he would get the **** beat out of him behind this line and would always be playing from behind with this defense.  Doesn’t matter which rookie QB you pick this year, they aren’t going to turn this franchise around in its current state.  Fix the team before you draft Ryan’s replacement.

Makes no sense....how can you fix a team with no room under the salary cap? How much worse can this team be without Ryan? What team has he single handedly beat, taken control of the game and willed the team to a win? My point is a talented rookie can be successful with a decent run game and receivers, (which we have in aces). Our recievers will look different with a qb that can improvise in the pocket hit recievers deep and in stride, utilizing their speed and size and even make a play or two outside of the pocket. Team is broken in more ways than one  keeping the current QB without a plan is downright negligent....just my observation.

2 minutes ago, cblack said:

Makes no sense....how can you fix a team with no room under the salary cap? How much worse can this team be without Ryan? What team has he single handedly beat, taken control of the game and willed the team to a win? My point is a talented rookie can be successful with a decent run game and receivers, (which we have in aces). Our recievers will look different with a qb that can improvise in the pocket hit recievers deep and in stride, utilizing their speed and size and even make a play or two outside of the pocket. Team is broken in more ways than one  keeping the current QB without a plan is downright negligent....just my observation.

The Packers in the NFCC?  He pretty much took control of that game and willed the team to a win.  How about his first season against the Bears?  12 seconds left and he puts them in FG arrange to win the game.  There are many games he actually took control of and willed the team to a win.  

On a side note, our WRs had trouble being able to adapt to Vick running around and throwing the ball wherever.  And we have no real run game to speak of.