I never want to hear Ryan is not the problem anymore

D.B.N.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:57 PM, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

The argument is that Ryan can’t avoid sacks at all even if they are easily avoidable. Listing off sack totals lacks depth and nuance. Every situation in each game is different. I wouldn’t care if my QB gets sacked on 1st and 2nd down just to avoid the 3rd down sack attempt for a conversion.

I'm just catching up on this thread, and I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I don't understand your point that I've emphasized above. The OP that started this very thread criticized Ryan for taking two sacks on the first two plays after the Foye INT (not saying you agree with the OP).

But to me, I'd rather take a sack on third down assuming the sack doesn't take you out of FG range or if you knew you were going to go for it on 4th down. For example, let's say you have 3rd and 10 at the KC 20 - what difference does it make if Ryan takes a sack there? Sure the FG attempt goes from 37 yds to 45 yds, but the next play is either going to be 4th and 10 with no sack or 4th and 18 with a sack, and you're kicking the FG in either down and distance (again, assuming you don't have to go for it on 4th down).

I'd have to check but to me it seems that a lot Ryan's sacks have come on third down while he was waiting for a player to become open - I don't have a problem with that in general because his only other realistic option is to throw it away and you're punting or kicking either way. It's first and second down where any QB has to avoid a sack at almost all cost.

6 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Players should not be getting near Ryan to sack him 7 or 11 timed in a game..... O-line seems to step aside cause they either cannot play or they might break.  

Of course their lack of playing ability is Ryan's fault.  LOL

Get this dumb thread to 40!

Ryan has to pass protect himself while trying to find an open WR 

29 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

Ryan has to pass protect himself while trying to find an open WR 

I think the plan is to have him pass...  run fast and catch the pass... so we can rest Julio and the O-line.

This years schedule does not allow the O-Line to pretend they are better than they are.