Jump to content

I never want to hear Ryan is not the problem anymore


D.B.N.
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

Do you believe that the crap you make up will resound with people.  Ryan is a core piece of a rotten foundation?  Did you think that would float?  Do you think that passes the plausibility test? 

Your agenda and campaign are really getting tiring. 

Float?  Do you think three straight seasons of 4-9 is coincidence?

Ryan is THE core and central foundational piece of this franchise.  The fact that so many here fail to grasp this only serves to showcase how crappy and ill-informed a fanbase we have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Half of what Ryan is would be a 22% winning percentage over the next 8 years.

We need Mac Jones. Other than Lawrence, he’s the best QB in the draft. Haters don’t wanna agree, but Mac is better than Wilson, better than Lance (but he’s hard to really evaluate so he’s the wild card) and far better than Fields (who will be the next Ohio State/Big 10 QB flop In the pros)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Neither evidently does Matt Ryan...

I really hate how Matt Ryan can‘t control the run game, defense or special teams. 

Im not opposed to drafting a QB with our first pick, but if it’s not Lawrence or MAYBE Wilson (and still probably no), no thanks. No one else is even remotely worth a top 5 pick. No one. Nada. No sir. No to Fields. No to Lance (although he’s a wild card). No to Mac. No to Trask. Not in the top 5. 

Gonna be funny when we waste a top 5 pick on Fields like many mock drafts are suggesting and things don’t change. I’ll be interested to see how the goal posts move then. QBs get way too much credit and way too much blame. Always been that way. Likely always will .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tl;dr said:

We need Mac Jones. Other than Lawrence, he’s the best QB in the draft. Haters don’t wanna agree, but Mac is better than Wilson, better than Lance (but he’s hard to really evaluate so he’s the wild card) and far better than Fields (who will be the next Ohio State/Big 10 QB flop In the pros)

I find it hilarious you discredit Fields due to playing for OSU while loving Mac Jones who also attends a school known for bad QB play in the Pros.

Tua looks awful so far. Jalen Hurts looks promising. Other than those 2 which the verdict is still out on, What QB has Alabama produced?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, caponine said:

The defense does lol its been doing it all year then the offense completely goes ******** and goes 3 and out on multiple possessions. The qbs win those games because they can keep their foot on the gas 

cmon the defense has been better I will admit that but there has been games where they have played terrible ie. the bucs game and I disagree with put the foot on the gas we should just run the clock out but we just dont have the OC and the running back to do that throwing 45+ passes when you up 10+ pts in the 4th qtr is straight up dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I find it hilarious you discredit Fields due to playing for OSU while loving Mac Jones who also attends a school known for bad QB play in the Pros.

Tua looks awful so far. Jalen Hurts looks promising. Other than those 2 which the verdict is still out on, What QB has Alabama produced?

I mean, Alabama does have 3 Super Bowl winning QBs if you want to get down to it lol. All 3 are in the HOF as well. That was a long time ago though, but it still happened. Tua hasn't been as bad as people say, but let's just agree to disagree on that. Just don't care to get into that. 

Plus, the only QB that really anyone thought had much pro promise during the Saban era has been a solid back up for 7 years now (McCarron). Ohio State has had recent QBs with a lot more hype than McCarron and all of them have been arguably worse than QBs than McCarron. See JT Barrett, Terrelle Pryor, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller, Dwayne Haskins, and Troy Smith to name a few. I don't think McCarron was really that great in college either. He was good, but his 2nd place finish in the Heisman in 2013 was more of a career achievement award than anything. 

Plus Ohio State's competition is also garbage. Don't kid yourself. The Big 10 is not good. The gap between Ohio State's talent and the rest of the Big 10 is MUCH bigger than anyone cares to admit. I'm sure someone would say the same about Alabama's competition and the SEC, but it's just not true lol. This is a pretty solid link IMO: 2020 College Football Team Talent Composite (247sports.com)

Maybe I'm wrong about Fields, but I'm not sure Ohio State has ever had a QB that was even average in NFL history. Alabama at least has had a few. Mac played 3 teams ranked in the top 10 this year (all have more talent than anyone Ohio State has played), and he well, dominated: 77/102 (75.4%), 1270 yards (125 YPA), 13 TDs, 3 INTs. And if you watch those INTs... one of them was against UGA that was truthfully not an INT and I'm not sure why it wasn't overturned. One against Florida wasn't a great pass, but the TE just had the ball ripped away from it. Mac has been at his best when it's all on the line. Fields has not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I mean, Alabama does have 3 Super Bowl winning QBs if you want to get down to it lol. All 3 are in the HOF as well. That was a long time ago though, but it still happened. Tua hasn't been as bad as people say, but let's just agree to disagree on that. Just don't care to get into that. 

Plus, the only QB that really anyone thought had much pro promise during the Saban era has been a solid back up for 7 years now (McCarron). Ohio State has had recent QBs with a lot more hype than McCarron and all of them have been arguably worse than QBs than McCarron. See JT Barrett, Terrelle Pryor, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller, Dwayne Haskins, and Troy Smith to name a few. I don't think McCarron was really that great in college either. He was good, but his 2nd place finish in the Heisman in 2013 was more of a career achievement award than anything. 

Plus Ohio State's competition is also garbage. Don't kid yourself. The Big 10 is not good. The gap between Ohio State's talent and the rest of the Big 10 is MUCH bigger than anyone cares to admit. I'm sure someone would say the same about Alabama's competition and the SEC, but it's just not true lol. This is a pretty solid link IMO: 2020 College Football Team Talent Composite (247sports.com)

Maybe I'm wrong about Fields, but I'm not sure Ohio State has ever had a QB that was even average in NFL history. Alabama at least has had a few. Mac played 3 teams ranked in the top 10 this year (all have more talent than anyone Ohio State has played), and he well, dominated: 77/102 (75.4%), 1270 yards (125 YPA), 13 TDs, 3 INTs. And if you watch those INTs... one of them was against UGA that was truthfully not an INT and I'm not sure why it wasn't overturned. One against Florida wasn't a great pass, but the TE just had the ball ripped away from it. Mac has been at his best when it's all on the line. Fields has not. 

None of those QBs were viewed as high end QB prospects other than Haskins and even he had massive red flags due to his immaturity and mental questions (Sure enough he busted because of it). Braxton and Terrelle were both advised to switch positions when entering. Terrell refused and only was willing to switch after failing as a QB in Oakland. Cardale and JT Barrett were never high end prospects and both viewed as late round picks. Troy Smith was a midget and back then short QBs were immediately disregarded in the NFL scouting process (Russell Wilson did wonders to change that)

Alabama and OSU have had 0 success in producing an NFL QB in recent memory. 3 SB Winning QBs and HOFers from 50+ years ago does not change that narrative and you know that lol. Hurts and Tua have a chance to change that narrative for Alabama the way Fields does for OSU. Fields is BY FAR the best prospect at QB to come out of OSU in a long time, if not ever.

Fields has struggled this year in some key games this year. No denying that and he needs to show up and play the game of his life against Clemson on New Years. If he flops, His stock will take a tumble and likely drop to QB3 behind Wilson while if he dominates he will lock himself in as the #2 Pick. The Northwestern game is hard to judge when you factor in he was missing 22 teammates and some of his primary guys he throws to. Indiana was a sloppy game that he could have played better in but he still had 300+ yards and a 3 TDs while finding a way to win. You also cannot discredit what he did in 2019. I know you will then say look at the Clemson game but he was playing on a bad leg limiting his ability. Clemson knew half of his game was out the window. Even still, If not for an awful call on that fumble OSU likely wins that game and is playing in the Championship vs LSU (They would have gotten stomped just as Clemson did)

I think Mac Jones has a chance to be a good QB in the NFL (I think a team in the 22-32 range will draft him in the 1st Round) so don't take what I am saying about him as me hating the guy. I was just commenting on the fact you love an Alabama QB but hate an OSU QB lol. I think he is QB4/5 depending on Lance. Some love him some hate him. I don't know how I feel about him. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I find it hilarious you discredit Fields due to playing for OSU while loving Mac Jones who also attends a school known for bad QB play in the Pros.

Tua looks awful so far. Jalen Hurts looks promising. Other than those 2 which the verdict is still out on, What QB has Alabama produced?

Lol Tua does not look awful. Let me guess you’ve watched the game where he was benched and that’s it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Lol Tua does not look awful. Let me guess you’ve watched the game where he was benched and that’s it? 

Beat me to it. Watched nearly every Dolphins game this season. Tua looks promising. He’s a rookie. They brought Fitzpatrick in to take over because they needed a spark and it worked. They are in playoff contention. Flores/Fitzpatrick both stated, in their own way, that Tua was ‘the guy’ after the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

"Consider yourself owned"?  Really.  I do not want to deal with children on this forum.  Come back when you are an adult.

I wouldn’t worry about him too much. It’s already been proven (statistically) that he expects more out of Ryan than other QBs. He’s clearly biased. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Lol Tua does not look awful. Let me guess you’ve watched the game where he was benched and that’s it? 

Ok maybe awful was not the best word. We will go more so with "Not as good as Herbert, or even remotely close". Does that make you feel better? He played 1 good game (Cincy), 2 mediocre games (and saying he was mediocre vs NE is being nice. KC was blasting them. Easy to look good when down 3 scores against soft defense) and 1 horrific game (Vegas)

I watch the full game replays for just about every game. Its not hard to see a condensed 10minute version of every game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Ok maybe awful was not the best word. We will go more so with "Not as good as Herbert, or even remotely close". Does that make you feel better? He played 1 good game (Cincy), 2 mediocre games (and saying he was mediocre vs NE is being nice. KC was blasting them. Easy to look good when down 3 scores against soft defense) and 1 horrific game (Vegas)

I watch the full game replays for just about every game. Its not hard to see a condensed 10minute version of every game.

So because he hasn’t been as good as Herbert his rookie year he’s bad now? 
 

Every QB is bad because they aren’t playing like Mahomes i guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Beat me to it. Watched nearly every Dolphins game this season. Tua looks promising. He’s a rookie. They brought Fitzpatrick in to take over because they needed a spark and it worked. They are in playoff contention. Flores/Fitzpatrick both stated, in their own way, that Tua was ‘the guy’ after the game. 

Fitz was even on the sidelines with Tua after every drive explaining why he was throwing the throws he was. What the defense is doing etc. it was a learning experience and Flores still got the win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

None of those QBs were viewed as high end QB prospects other than Haskins and even he had massive red flags due to his immaturity and mental questions (Sure enough he busted because of it). Braxton and Terrelle were both advised to switch positions when entering. Terrell refused and only was willing to switch after failing as a QB in Oakland. Cardale and JT Barrett were never high end prospects and both viewed as late round picks. Troy Smith was a midget and back then short QBs were immediately disregarded in the NFL scouting process (Russell Wilson did wonders to change that)

Alabama and OSU have had 0 success in producing an NFL QB in recent memory. 3 SB Winning QBs and HOFers from 50+ years ago does not change that narrative and you know that lol. Hurts and Tua have a chance to change that narrative for Alabama the way Fields does for OSU. Fields is BY FAR the best prospect at QB to come out of OSU in a long time, if not ever.

Fields has struggled this year in some key games this year. No denying that and he needs to show up and play the game of his life against Clemson on New Years. If he flops, His stock will take a tumble and likely drop to QB3 behind Wilson while if he dominates he will lock himself in as the #2 Pick. The Northwestern game is hard to judge when you factor in he was missing 22 teammates and some of his primary guys he throws to. Indiana was a sloppy game that he could have played better in but he still had 300+ yards and a 3 TDs while finding a way to win. You also cannot discredit what he did in 2019. I know you will then say look at the Clemson game but he was playing on a bad leg limiting his ability. Clemson knew half of his game was out the window. Even still, If not for an awful call on that fumble OSU likely wins that game and is playing in the Championship vs LSU (They would have gotten stomped just as Clemson did)

I think Mac Jones has a chance to be a good QB in the NFL (I think a team in the 22-32 range will draft him in the 1st Round) so don't take what I am saying about him as me hating the guy. I was just commenting on the fact you love an Alabama QB but hate an OSU QB lol. I think he is QB4/5 depending on Lance. Some love him some hate him. I don't know how I feel about him. 

 

Bolded some things that I agree with lol. I'm so glad the BS NFL size stereotype is coming to an end. Just an awful, awful rule. Fields really is the best prospect to come out for a while, but I still just don't know. Feels like we have seen this before and I'll have to see it to believe it. That and I really, really dislike Ohio State. But I still hope they beat Clemson because I'm even sicker of Clemson lol.

And I agree on Lance. I just haven't seen enough one way or the other to say anything about him. One season at the FCS level is hard to judge. I'm not going to read into that one game they played this year, but that definitely didn't help him at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

None of those QBs were viewed as high end QB prospects other than Haskins and even he had massive red flags due to his immaturity and mental questions (Sure enough he busted because of it). Braxton and Terrelle were both advised to switch positions when entering. Terrell refused and only was willing to switch after failing as a QB in Oakland. Cardale and JT Barrett were never high end prospects and both viewed as late round picks. Troy Smith was a midget and back then short QBs were immediately disregarded in the NFL scouting process (Russell Wilson did wonders to change that)

Alabama and OSU have had 0 success in producing an NFL QB in recent memory. 3 SB Winning QBs and HOFers from 50+ years ago does not change that narrative and you know that lol. Hurts and Tua have a chance to change that narrative for Alabama the way Fields does for OSU. Fields is BY FAR the best prospect at QB to come out of OSU in a long time, if not ever.

Fields has struggled this year in some key games this year. No denying that and he needs to show up and play the game of his life against Clemson on New Years. If he flops, His stock will take a tumble and likely drop to QB3 behind Wilson while if he dominates he will lock himself in as the #2 Pick. The Northwestern game is hard to judge when you factor in he was missing 22 teammates and some of his primary guys he throws to. Indiana was a sloppy game that he could have played better in but he still had 300+ yards and a 3 TDs while finding a way to win. You also cannot discredit what he did in 2019. I know you will then say look at the Clemson game but he was playing on a bad leg limiting his ability. Clemson knew half of his game was out the window. Even still, If not for an awful call on that fumble OSU likely wins that game and is playing in the Championship vs LSU (They would have gotten stomped just as Clemson did)

I think Mac Jones has a chance to be a good QB in the NFL (I think a team in the 22-32 range will draft him in the 1st Round) so don't take what I am saying about him as me hating the guy. I was just commenting on the fact you love an Alabama QB but hate an OSU QB lol. I think he is QB4/5 depending on Lance. Some love him some hate him. I don't know how I feel about him. 

 

I'll also add that I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if Fields is a star. Would rather have to swallow my pride and admit he is a freak than find excuses why he sucks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

So because he hasn’t been as good as Herbert his rookie year he’s bad now? 
 

Every QB is bad because they aren’t playing like Mahomes i guess.

Where did I mention Mahomes? Herbert is a rookie from the same class and was even drafted after him so yes, Using him as a parameter for his play is fair especially when Tua has a far better team around him than Herbert does. Tua has had 1 good game out of 4 against a bottom team while being bench worthy in 2 others. As I already said in other posts, the verdict is still out. No one knows if Tua will be good or bad. Right now, Miami is winning despite him.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Fitz was even on the sidelines with Tua after every drive explaining why he was throwing the throws he was. What the defense is doing etc. it was a learning experience and Flores still got the win. 

Check out the post I made recently. They reference that in the piece I quoted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Where did I mention Mahomes? Herbert is a rookie from the same class and was even drafted after him so yes, Using him as a parameter for his play is fair especially when Tua has a far better team around him than Herbert does. Tua has had 1 good game out of 4 against a bottom team while being bench worthy in 2 others. As I already said in other posts, the verdict is still out. No one knows if Tua will be good or bad. Right now, Miami is winning despite him.

Wait what? Herbert has far better weapons around him than Tua. Allen, Henry, and Williams would get to Miami and immediately be better than anyone Tua has. Maybe Gaskin is better than Ekeler? Maybe? And the Dolphins defense is better than the Chargers, but I wonder how much of that is a benefit of playing some horrific offenses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

In what seasons has Ryan been a Top 3 QB in the NFC? Be honest.

okay... Ive seen how you do this. What is your definition of top 3 QB; What is your measuring stick of ranking QBs; What factors/variables are you including and excluding when judging a QB? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I find it hilarious you discredit Fields due to playing for OSU while loving Mac Jones who also attends a school known for bad QB play in the Pros.

Tua looks awful so far. Jalen Hurts looks promising. Other than those 2 which the verdict is still out on, What QB has Alabama produced?

Its called LOOKING for reasons to dislike Fields, and LOOKING for reasons to like Ryan...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Wait what? Herbert has far better weapons around him than Tua. Allen, Henry, and Williams would get to Miami and immediately be better than anyone Tua has. Maybe Gaskin is better than Ekeler? Maybe? And the Dolphins defense is better than the Chargers, but I wonder how much of that is a benefit of playing some horrific offenses. 

Yeah they would. Team though, not just playmakers. Chargers might have the worst O-Line in the league (Highest graded lineman is 61 and the other 4 are below 50). Not to mention coaching is horrendous. Chargers are basically Atlanta West. They have a lot of the same problems we have when it comes to blowing big leads due to a lack of reliable run game, bad defense and horrible playcalling/coaching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I'll also add that I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if Fields is a star. Would rather have to swallow my pride and admit he is a freak than find excuses why he sucks 

No way should Fields want to play for the Falcons. Too polarizing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...