I never want to hear Ryan is not the problem anymore

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

If you guys want to bathe yourself in 1st term Obama level Ryan, be my guest.

I’ll be over here in reality corner where the Falcons are on their way to their 2nd 18-30 stretch in the last 8 seasons; 75% of the time.  Where the Falcons make 1+ fewer plays than are necessary to win.

You left off “that I’ll put all blame on the quarterback for”

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ryan is not the problem

Just for fun Watson and Wilson have been sacked more than Ryan this year. Watson is the second most sacked and Wentz is #1. Mobile doesn’t make you sack proof. Morons.

Would be nice if the offensive line could block, and if the routes didn’t take 4 months to develop, yeah? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

You left off “that I’ll put all blame on the quarterback for”

We pay him the big $$$ to make plays.  Everyone else loses their job/career when the Falcons perform as such.  Not Ryan...

Culture here is to celebrate goodness.  Winners celebrate greatness.  I’d prefer to be a winner...

1 minute ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

We pay him the big $$$ to make plays.  Everyone else loses their job/career when the Falcons perform as such.  Not Ryan...

Culture here is to celebrate goodness.  Winners celebrate greatness.  I’d prefer to be a winner...

Id say he made enough plays today to HELP the TEAM goal of a win. There were however other plays that could have been made to HELP the TEAM goal of a win. I’m not saying take a step back.. more just lean back and take it ALL in.

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Id say he made enough plays today to HELP the TEAM goal of a win. There were however other plays that could have been made to HELP the TEAM goal of a win. I’m not saying take a step back.. more just lean back and take it ALL in.

Chiefs needed a TD to win the game.  Mahomes got them one.

Falcons needed a TD to win the game.  Ryan didn‘t.

That. Simple.

8 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

It’s the most recent 8...the time after major playoff collapse #1.

Not arbitrary at all. 

That's very arbitrary and agenda based. What about the shellacking we took from the Packers and Giants in the playoffs the years before 2012?! We seeded higher the year t he Packers blew us out.  

27 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Yeah thats what happens when emotions get in the mix. You can’t look at anything objectively when you’re not honest with yourself. He’s been here for 13 years so I understand but sheesh we’re supposed to be grown men here lmfao.

You’re level headed post are so refreshing from the hopeless optimism constantly being regurgitated from these boards year after year. But after posting the worst record in a 3 year skid somehow someway we’ll be geared up for a SB run in 2 offseasons..

I simply want the next OC to be able to have a wide array of plays to chose from. Matts archetype just needs too many accommodations for the team to be able to build. 

Good post. Whenever a person’s loyalty to a team is superseded by their loyalty to a player, you have issues. Ryan pulled this team out of the absolute $hit show that Vick/Petrino left in their wake. For that, he’ll always have a special place in my heart and for this city.

Thank you for the compliment. I try to remain balanced when discussing football. In another post I made the statement that Arthur Smith’s scheme may be limited because of Ryan’s mobility. I was met with strawman arguments, false narratives, and apoplectic remarks.

These are the people that are loyal to the players and not the team. We saw it with Roddy White when his time came. We’re seeing it with Ryan, and will see it with Julio.

I somewhat disagree with you on the last statement. I think Ryan just needs a run game to utilize his play action and he can be a good QB. Good like Alex Smith before Mahomes took over. Ryan isn’t elite, he never was, he was always just a good QB. Which is perfectly fine.

Smith’s scheme utilizes the run game to set up play action for intermediate routes. Ryan is money with those routes. Which is why I want Smith to come here. He should be able to squeeze another year or two of good play out of Ryan while we start the rebuild.

If we draft a QB high in the first round, they can sit for a year, maybe two, before getting the start. Ryan can groom him and refine him with pro knowledge. Ryan still has inherit value because of his knowledge of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

That's very arbitrary and agenda based. What about the shellacking we took from the Packers and Giants in the playoffs the years before 2012?! We seeded higher the year t he Packers blew us out.  

We were overmatched in those games...the SF game?  We had.  We were the better team.  But Falcons collapsed and as such began to build a legacy of being the biggest collapsers in pro sports.

Just now, caponine said:

Not really , shows stats arent everything 

You can throw for 600 yards but if you arent clutch then it doesn't matter 

If you throw for 600 yards and lose, the narrative is you're a choker or not "clutch." The reality is, you are probably a good player that plays on a bad team.