I never want to hear Ryan is not the problem anymore

1 minute ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Neither.  I understand football.

I simply know the Falcons will generally crumble.  Ryan is a big part of that.  Fact is, they scored 14 points today.  Ryan wasn’t able to get more than that?  You want to focus on the last FG miss...game was 60 minutes long and Falcons couldn’t reward their defense for holding Mahomes to 17.

Typical.

It comes down to coaching. Quit blaming Ryan for everything wrong with this team. Thats why people and myself are saying agenda because you are proving our points with each posts. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ryan is not the problem

Just for fun Watson and Wilson have been sacked more than Ryan this year. Watson is the second most sacked and Wentz is #1. Mobile doesn’t make you sack proof. Morons.

Would be nice if the offensive line could block, and if the routes didn’t take 4 months to develop, yeah? 

Posted Images

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

There isn't. That's what these dudes don't understand. Changing the coaching staff is absolutely the top priority over anything by a mile. 

The notion is that this team is "loaded" on offense. Yet we don't have a single starting caliber RB on the roster, the underweight o-line which is built for zone is running a smash-mouth scheme and Julio has either missed or been hurt most games. It's been Ridley and then... well, a bunch of guys that wouldn't be starting caliber on virtually any team in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

^ This.

Unfortunately around these parts when you say you want a mobile QB they turn it into a “running QB”. Which are two different beasts entirely.

In the right system, Ryan can be potent. In the wrong system Ryan is a liability.

In a Smith type of system Ryan can be serviceable and potent, until his successor is ready to go.

I don’t believe Ryan is a long term solution at this point because the team needs to be rebuilt, and that’ll take longer than I think he can be viable. I don’t think he plays until 40 and I think he has two years left before he falls off a cliff. 

Yeah thats what happens when emotions get in the mix. You can’t look at anything objectively when you’re not honest with yourself. He’s been here for 13 years so I understand but sheesh we’re supposed to be grown men here lmfao.

You’re level headed post are so refreshing from the hopeless optimism constantly being regurgitated from these boards year after year. But after posting the worst record in a 3 year skid somehow someway we’ll be geared up for a SB run in 2 offseasons..

I simply want the next OC to be able to have a wide array of plays to chose from. Matts archetype just needs too many accommodations for the team to be able to build. 

Just now, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Yeah thats what happens when emotions get in the mix. You can’t look at anything objectively when you’re not honest with yourself. He’s been here for 13 years so I understand but sheesh we’re supposed to be grown men here lmfao.

You’re level headed post are so refreshing from the hopeless optimism constantly being regurgitated from these boards year after year. But after posting the worst record in a 3 year skid somehow someway we’ll be geared up for a SB run in 2 offseasons..

I simply want the next OC to be able to have a wide array of plays to chose from. Matts archetype just needs too many accommodations for the team to be able to build. 

Lol at Matt’s archetype. Someone plays madden too much.

26 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

You bunch twist words too much for me.

No it seems you just dont like what is said and it wont register. Even people that dont disagree usually understand both Ovie and myself. It seems you're having a bout of cognitive dissonance 

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You do realize no offense is based primarily on QB avoiding sacks? That’s just a bonus. 

Besides, doesn’t change the fact they take a LOT of sacks.

Get us better coaching on offense. Ryan has shown he clearly has a lot left.

5 big fat dudes that are paid to protect him. Should we just eliminate the OL positions? Lol. Avoid sacks okay why should he be running for his life in the first place. 

8 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

...and Ryan’s track record is so good in those situations.  Allows you to propose an unlikely hypothetical in Ryan’s defense.

I work in reality.  Like the Falcons are 57-70 the last 8 years under Ryan’s watch.

You know what I find funny about comments like these, is that they purposely exclude his first 5 years in the league. They arbitrarily start at his first ever losing season. 

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

But he only had 40 GW drives so meh

If you guys want to bathe yourself in 1st term Obama level Ryan, be my guest.

I’ll be over here in reality corner where the Falcons are on their way to their 2nd 18-30 stretch in the last 8 seasons; 75% of the time.  Where the Falcons make 1+ fewer plays than are necessary to win.

33 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I guess Ryan is the coach, defense, ol, etc

Pretty much his entire “argument” ;)

What changed after Turner was washed up?

No run game or defense. Why can’t you close? Can’t run. Can’t play defense. But QB needs to be perfect?

That's exactly why the Chiefs won today. Their defense kept it close and they got lucky we didn’t force OT. Imagine if we could run the ball and they weren’t able to sit on rushing the passer.

Last 2 years of Smitty + most of DQ’s tenure have lacked a run game (other than 16&17) and a defense (other than 2017 And this back half of 2019/2020 after Cant defend nearly half the year)...

It’s amazing how several QBs older than Ryan get an upgrade at OC and suddenly are having bounce back years. :tiphat:

Mahomes was worse play to play this game. AJ holds the catch to the ground and we win. Ryan threw a 4th Q TD to take the lead. But, blatant trolls. :lol:

Edited by Ergo Proxy
1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

No it seems you just dont like what is said and it wont register. Even people that dont disagree usually understand both Ovie and myself. It seems you're having a bout of cognitive dissonance 

You have half of the board to kiss your butt so their opinions dont mean much. Drones.

8 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The notion is that this team is "loaded" on offense. Yet we don't have a single starting caliber RB on the roster, the underweight o-line which is built for zone is running a smash-mouth scheme and Julio has either missed or been hurt most games. It's been Ridley and then... well, a bunch of guys that wouldn't be starting caliber on virtually any team in the NFL. 

Gage and Hurst are DEFINITELY players.