I never want to hear Ryan is not the problem anymore

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ryan is not the problem

Just for fun Watson and Wilson have been sacked more than Ryan this year. Watson is the second most sacked and Wentz is #1. Mobile doesn’t make you sack proof. Morons.

Would be nice if the offensive line could block, and if the routes didn’t take 4 months to develop, yeah? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Just excuses because you lack perspective. Wilson and Watson both avoid pressure with uncanny ability yet their sack totals on the season explain so much.😂😂 You the type to base your opinions off box score stats.

I’d take Watson and Wilson on a 3rd long against a blitz all day over Ryan. The fact you think their sack totals hold any weight is whats hilarious.

You talk a lot but say literally nothing.

The entire argument against Ryan is he takes too many sacks. Wilson and Watson take more sacks. So again why are they not held accountable? Because they run away from some? How many sacks are caused by them running around? I watched Wilson get sacked by a DT as I type this, why didn’t he run away? 

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

WTH has Watson done in his entire career up to this point. Good grief. 

Next answer coming is “that’s because he literally has nothing around him”

keep in mind, it will likely be coming from the same people that say “MR needs everything to be perfect around him” 

🤷‍♂️

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Next answer coming is “that’s because he literally has nothing around him”

keep in mind, it will likely be coming from the same people that say “MR needs everything to be perfect around him” 

🤷‍♂️

28-23 lifetime record but the Texans need to be our blueprint I guess. Because they have Watson and smart teams build around mobile Qbs. 

7 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I think replacing a QB whose team has gone 57-70 these last 8 years shouldn’t be too difficult a task.  We can likely go 57-70 without him.

Ask the Bills how long they have been trying to find a QB. Maybe Cleveland could give you a good answer. Then again, Jacksonville is still looking. I guess I will be more fair, and say we just need to find a guy who is at least average, until we find a new one as long as we add talent elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Wentz, Watson, Wilson all sacked more than Ryan but mobile is the answer. I love a mobile QB I want a mobile QB but Ryan not being as mobile as others isn’t the issue. This is scheme and OL but these fools don’t watch any games but the Falcons.

Theyre the top 3 QBs sacked for ****s sake.

Actually, it's they don't understand the game...not they don't watch the games

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

The entire argument against Ryan is he takes too many sacks. Wilson and Watson take more sacks. So again why are they not held accountable? Because they run away from some? How many sacks are caused by them running around? I watched Wilson get sacked by a DT as I type this, why didn’t he run away? 

The argument is that Ryan can’t avoid sacks at all even if they are easily avoidable. Listing off sack totals lacks depth and nuance. Every situation in each game is different. I wouldn’t care if my QB gets sacked on 1st and 2nd down just to avoid the 3rd down sack attempt for a conversion.

26 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Mahomes career record 37-8.  SB winner.

Threw game winner.  Remember when Ryan’s defense revolved around 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.  That’s what Mahomes led and Ryan didn’t.  Again.  And again.  And again.

Yea...let's ignore (like you always do) that Mahomes legit threw a ball RIGHT INTO the defenders hands prior to the game winning touchdown. Just stop already

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea...let's ignore (like you always do) that Mahomes legit threw a ball RIGHT INTO the defenders hands prior to the game winning touchdown. Just stop already

...and ignore the fact that he made the play to win the game and Ryan didn’t.  Again. And again.  And again.

3 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

The argument is that Ryan can’t avoid sacks at all even if they are easily avoidable. Listing off sack totals lacks depth and nuance. Every situation in each game is different. I wouldn’t care if my QB gets sacked on 1st and 2nd down just to avoid the 3rd down sack attempt for a conversion.

Pretty much 

1 minute ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

...and ignore the fact that he made the play to win the game and Ryan didn’t.  Again. And again.  And again.

LOL, Mahomes got lucky. Ryan got unlucky.

Mahomes threw a pick that the defender dropped and got a 2nd chance. Ryan put his team in position to tie the game, the kicker missed.

Are you really this insane? 

7 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

So now Ryan doesn’t avoid sacks? Ever? You really wanna say that? 

And again if sacks are so easy to avoid why can’t Wilson and Watson do it?

4 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

^ This.

Unfortunately around these parts when you say you want a mobile QB they turn it into a “running QB”. Which are two different beasts entirely.

In the right system, Ryan can be potent. In the wrong system Ryan is a liability.

In a Smith type of system Ryan can be serviceable and potent, until his successor is ready to go.

I don’t believe Ryan is a long term solution at this point because the team needs to be rebuilt, and that’ll take longer than I think he can be viable. I don’t think he plays until 40 and I think he has two years left before he falls off a cliff.