***Falcons vs. Chiefs game thread***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Matt Ryan was playing like Patrick Mahomes today, half of y’all would be screaming to trade him.  And by that, I mean the half that aren’t already screaming to trade him. 

I also think we need to cut Terrell some slack on that play. He elevated ridiculously high to snag that catch. Then, he landed straight on his back. The impact from that knocked the ball up in the air

Greatest comedy ever made. 😂 I will hear no slander!😆

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

I also think we need to cut Terrell some slack on that play. He elevated ridiculously high to snag that catch. Then, he landed straight on his back. The impact from that knocked the ball up in the air.

Agree. That was a **** of a play in a pressure situation. LOL at mattyicefalcon calling him out for dropping an “easy, sure fire INT”

Just now, jidady said:

I also think we need to cut Terrell some slack on that play. He elevated ridiculously high to snag that catch. Then, he landed straight on his back. The impact from that knocked the ball up in the air.

Been there, done that. . . which is why I understand. Don't care how professional of a football player you are. 

Just now, jidady said:

No hate here love the kid. Balls the entire gm. Worth the draft pick.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Yep. I love this rook. Dude is the best corner we've had here in a long while.

I hope nobody was seriously calling him out on that. He was as vertically extended as a guy can get, and the impact on that ground was hard. 

A lesser athlete doesn’t even get his hands on that pass.

Anyone can say what they want, he absolutely made a great play regardless of the outcome there. Just too bad he couldn't hang on.  

1 minute ago, Halcon-1 said:

Said no one ever when Mike Smith got canned.

Yeah we could be in for another 5 years of a coach that we're screaming to get rid of after year 4, its definitely possible. Hopefully that's not the case but its better to have a little bit if optimism then accept failure. But if you have a wait and see approach without being optimistic at all no one can blame you for that based on our past several coaching hires

10 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

This past playoffs was the best playoffs in 20 years!! Yes, it hurt to be up 3-1 and not be able to close out the series but considering what they were able to accomplish having only 2 legit starting pitchers was amazing.

If I could block out 1991-2005 I might have your optimism. But we are Atlanta. Other cities get the shiny new bicycle on Christmas morning and we get the lump of coal. I’ve Been living it since 1966. 

Edited by Michael Scott
28 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He had them in FG range.

You care too much about narratives.

Great teams win SBs.

Matt had a better SB than Mahomes and even Brady that game.

The part about the FG would make more sense if they were coming from behind and it was to win/tie the game.

But I’ve never blamed Ryan for that loss.

Ive always blamed Quinn and the defense.  ONE PLAY. That’s all they needed to make in the 4th quarter. ONE ******** play.

You know what everyone said about the defense after that game? “It wasn’t their fault. They were tired.”

ONE PLAY. The Eagles made that one play at the end of the game and they won. 

The Falcons? 28-3 will live forever 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The part about the FG would make more sense if they were coming from behind and it was to win/tie the game.

But I’ve never blamed Ryan for that loss.

Ive always blamed Quinn and the defense.  ONE PLAY. That’s all they needed to make in the 4th quarter. ONE ******** play.

You know what everyone said about the defense after that game? “It wasn’t their fault. They were tired.”

ONE PLAY. The Eagles made that one play at the end of the game and they won. 

The Falcons? 28-3 will live forever 

28-3 

Awoooooohooooo!!

Embracing the suck!!

Next 5 years atleast we can't be top 10

8 minutes ago, red falcon said:

So do we get another shutdown corner in the 1st?

Hope not.

I think by in large part the corners have played well for most of the last 10 games or so.

A good FS would help the guys that we have tremendously.

As would that Type A pass rusher.

35 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

To be completely and totally honest, I wouldn't mind giving this coaching staff a shot if we got rid of Koetter and Chris Morgan and brought in a non brain dead OC and a competent O-line coach. I like Raheem and Jeff but I guess people want new toys to blame stuff on lol

Raheem and Ulbrich aren't the worst. They're better coaches than Dirk. I'll give you that.  I just don't see Ulbrich and Morris staying on when the new coach is assembling his staff.

47 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

To be completely and totally honest, I wouldn't mind giving this coaching staff a shot if we got rid of Koetter and Chris Morgan and brought in a non brain dead OC and a competent O-line coach. I like Raheem and Jeff but I guess people want new toys to blame stuff on lol

Same on all points.

I will say that the Atlanta Football Falcons played with heart today on both defense and even special teams. The offense showed flashes of what they could be (and should have been all season). Held them to 10 points through most of the game. 17 given up overall to a team that hung 32 on the aints. Gave the golden boy fits all game. 50 yard INT. Close 2nd INT that may have sealed the deal. An unlikely miss by Koo that would have sent it to OT. 

I'm in a good place. 

Get an OC and OL coach in here. FA vet and draft trenches, RB, and safety.