Notes 12/25 - Christmas Edition

Goober Pyle

2 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Julio is always working through some nigglin' injury.... turf toe, thumb sprain'  ham string... always something.  Sooner or later he is going to get hurt and sit out half a season.  Probably when we will need him most.

And he usually still manages to produce or at least be enough of a presence that he allows others to feast.

This is only the first time in 7 years he’s missed consecutive games, and he had only missed 4 games total from the time he broke his foot in 2013 until getting hurt this season.

When he’s consistently hurt AND consistently not able to produce, there’s a valid point to the idea of cutting him loose... but it’s still a little too early to say that’s actually the case.

5 minutes ago, k-train said:

And he usually still manages to produce or at least be enough of a presence that he allows others to feast.

This is only the first time in 7 years he’s missed consecutive games, and he had only missed 4 games total from the time he broke his foot in 2013 until getting hurt this season.

When he’s consistently hurt AND consistently not able to produce, there’s a valid point to the idea of cutting him loose... but it’s still a little too early to say that’s actually the case.

Yeah, but when he’s not hurt he’s healthy. 

8 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Yeah, but when he’s not hurt he’s healthy. 

I’m just saying, it takes a lot to keep that dude off the field, and despite seeming to always have some nagging thing going on, more often than not he’s toughed it out. On top of that, despite the nagging stuff he has generally still produced at a high level.

8 minutes ago, k-train said:

I’m just saying, it takes a lot to keep that dude off the field, and despite seeming to always have some nagging thing going on, more often than not he’s toughed it out. On top of that, despite the nagging stuff he has generally still produced at a high level.

Julio is a beast.  A consummate professional.  If someone offered a top 12 pick for him, of course you trade him and draft Jamaar Chase.  But nobody will offer that for Julio

45 minutes ago, k-train said:

Have to trade him while he has value. Pats would love him.

3 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Put him on a plane to anywhere.  When he decides he wants to play he can do it for another team.  I have too look up the stats on how many games he has missed.

I do not doubt Julio's courage or ability to play with pain.   He has performed phenomenally well with a fractured foot!  The dude is tougher than I am.......for sure.  

This is not about Julio and his value to the team.  It is about the reality of a rebuild.  Even with the phenomenal talent of Julio every game, we can not win consistently.  If there is a way to trade Julio, improve the cap situation and still get some value in terms of draft picks, it is time to trade him.  

Julio deserves to play for a championship.  He is a generational talent and a man of character.  I may be wrong, but I fail to see how this team can legitimately compete for a championship soon enough for Julio to participate.  

We are in cap h3ll and we all know it.  

42 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Julio is a beast.  A consummate professional.  If someone offered a top 12 pick for him, of course you trade him and draft Jamaar Chase.  But nobody will offer that for Julio

We don't need Chase.  We need cap relief and a better RB, FS, LG and pass rusher.

30 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Remove Julio and we need Chase or an established WR2 in FA

Julio’s contract is basically fully guaranteed.  There is no real cap relief for his contract until 2022

That is a practical point.  Julio and Matt will more than likely be on the roster next season.  In my opinion, there is little chance of trading either one this offseason.  Their contracts (and their worth to the team) makes a trade difficult.