All I want for Christmas...

Falcons_Frenzy

1 hour ago, Jpg428gggg said:

A complete team that plays complimentary football. A team where a QB can have a bad game and we can still win. Look at the Saints, they have been winning all season despite their QB play. They are a complete team and I am jealous.

But Brees is the bestest! Matt Ryan sucks. Need a QB to win... not a team game...just qb.... Just kidding, thought the Ryan sucks crowd would laugh. Agreed...... a COMPLETE team. 

5 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

A complete team that plays complimentary football. A team where a QB can have a bad game and we can still win. Look at the Saints, they have been winning all season despite their QB play. They are a complete team and I am jealous.

In Sean Payton’s time in NOLA, the Falcons have had 6 head coaches and  7 OC changes. Hard to build what they have there when you change that much. Yes we have always hated the Saints but since Payton got there, the hate is purely out of jealousy. I’d take what they have in a heartbeat. It’s sickening to know that they have dominated the NFC with Taysom Hill at QB, and we have a guy who is most likely a HOFer with a HOFer receiver and we absofrickenlutely suuck balls. And now Brees is back. 

Edited by Michael Scott

6 hours ago, Michael Scott said:

In Sean Payton’s time in NOLA, the Falcons have had 6 head coaches and  7 OC changes. Hard to build what they have there when you change that much. Yes we have always hated the Saints but since Payton got there, the hate is purely out of jealousy. I’d take what they have in a heartbeat. It’s sickening to know that they have dominated the NFC with Taysom Hill at QB, and we have a guy who is most likely a HOFer with a HOFer receiver and we absofrickenlutely suuck balls. And now Brees is back. 

Exactly. The best organizations have continuity at head coach and in the front office. I think the downfall of Quinn came from the decisions to get rid of Manuel and Sark. It felt like they were moves done to appease the fan base rather than doing the right thing. 

I am sure there were times when Saints fans wanted to get of Payton but they stuck with it and look at them now.

2 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Exactly. The best organizations have continuity at head coach and in the front office. I think the downfall of Quinn came from the decisions to get rid of Manuel and Sark. It felt like they were moves done to appease the fan base rather than doing the right thing. 

I am sure there were times when Saints fans wanted to get of Payton but they stuck with it and look at them now.

The downfall of Quinn is he’s a bad NFL head coach

Another issue is that along with the constant coaching changes come a change in philosophy and identity.

Since Payton has been there they’ve had a single philosophy and identity. They’re gonna methodically pick you apart on offense and intimidate you in the trenches on defense, and will totally buy in to The Who Dat? Nation attitude. 

Falcons went from Mora to Petrino to Smitty to Quinn. All guys with different styles. Heck, on Arthur Blank’s directive we even changed philosophy and identity in the middle of Smitty’s term, going from ball control trench warfare to explosive (and I really liked who we were from 2008-10. Big mistake going explosive). 

Seems like every time we changed coaches, we never sought out someone to continue a set philosophy that had been established. Every two years it seems like Ryan has to learn a new offense.