Notes 12/24

Goober Pyle

3 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Merry Christmas from the Martians to the Goobers. Am I remembering this correctly?  Didn’t Mrs Goober have some health issues awhile back?  If so is she ok now?

She did. She was diagnosed with breast cancer Fall 2019 and started chemo just a little over a year ago. She finished chemo this past spring and had a bilateral mastectomy in May, followed by phase 1 of reconstruction in June. She actually had an outpatient procedure on 12/22 (phase 2). She’s doing really well and is cancer free. Appreciate you asking about her. 

1 minute ago, Goober Pyle said:

She did. She was diagnosed with breast cancer Fall 2019 and started chemo just a little over a year ago. She finished chemo this past spring and had a bilateral mastectomy in May, followed by phase 1 of reconstruction in June. She actually had an outpatient procedure on 12/22 (phase 2). She’s doing really well and is cancer free. Appreciate you asking about her. 

Outstanding. Glad to hear it. My wife was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2013. That’s a blood and bone cancer that there is no cure for. She had a four year expectancy then but thanks to a stem cell transplant and an experimental protocol from Emory she has been in remission since Dec 2013. Every day is a blessing and it helps me to be thankful and keep things in perspective. 

5 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Outstanding. Glad to hear it. My wife was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2013. That’s a blood and bone cancer that there is no cure for. She had a four year expectancy then but thanks to a stem cell transplant and an experimental protocol from Emory she has been in remission since Dec 2013. Every day is a blessing and it helps me to be thankful and keep things in perspective. 

So glad to hear that she’s in remission and doing well. Your outlook and perspective definitely changes when you or a loved one goes through something like this. Prayers for both of you, my friend. 

14 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

Best news posted on this board in a while. Many continued blessings!

3 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

So glad to hear that she’s in remission and doing well. Your outlook and perspective definitely changes when you or a loved one goes through something like this. Prayers for both of you, my friend. 

Thank you and prayers to you and yours also. Yes your perspective really does change

10 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

This is awesome!!!!! Many continued blessings to you and your family!!

19 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

God Bless her. Im glad she is doing well. 

Merry Christmas to you and yours.  

At this rate with our injuries, we will lock up that #4 spot.  Christmas season could be really good to us if the Bengals win both of their games.  I'd actually prefer to see our younger guys get some playing time in the next two games.  Take Matt out and put Matt in lol. 

1 hour ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Merry Christmas to you and yours.  

At this rate with our injuries, we will lock up that #4 spot.  Christmas season could be really good to us if the Bengals win both of their games.  I'd actually prefer to see our younger guys get some playing time in the next two games.  Take Matt out and put Matt in lol. 

If the Bengals can beat Houston, we could have a shot at picking #3 (Carolina would also have to beat Washington).

By virtue of their tie, we would pick ahead of the Bengals.

I think we have a decent shot at #3.

3 hours ago, Goober Pyle said:

My wife was diagnosed at the same time last year. Went in to remove a cyst and found out it was cancerous. Fortunately it was at the earliest possible stage and they got all of it with the cyst. She had to have a couple of lymph nodes removed to make sure it hadn't spread and that was all clear. She had to undergo radiation but not chemo. Interestingly, my wife is an Oncology nurse and works in an infusion room in Newnan at CTCA. Thankfully all is OK.

Glad to hear your wife is cancer free. hug.gif

39 minutes ago, fuego said:

My wife was diagnosed at the same time last year. Went in to remove a cyst and found out it was cancerous. Fortunately it was at the earliest possible stage and they got all of it with the cyst. She had to have a couple of lymph nodes removed to make sure it hadn't spread and that was all clear. She had to undergo radiation but not chemo. Interestingly, my wife is an Oncology nurse and works in an infusion room in Newnan at CTCA. Thankfully all is OK.

Glad to hear your wife is cancer free. hug.gif

I remember this from the comments in my post from last year. So very thankful that your wife is doing well and didn’t have to undergo chemo. God is good!