Jump to content

Shai Werts will be Late Round Gem in draft, Kyler Murray Clone


Refried Beans
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Refried Beans changed the title to Shai Werts will be Late Round Gem in draft, Kyler Murray Clone

Just after a quick look, seems like a reach to say Murray clone.  He clearly is a project.  Not an NFL QB but a gadget player like T. Hill.  In 4 years as a starter running Wing-T, he threw for over 100 yards just 12 times.

Murray put up massive passing numbers in college.  He had more yards in 12 games at OU than Werts did in 42 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Never heard of him.  Now I’m curious.  Thanks for the heads up

If I am designing Falcons for next 10 years. I am taking this dude late as my QB "project" as Ryan finishes out his contract next year. I am taking CB Farley out of VA Tech with first pick or O-lineman from Oregon if he falls to me.  Then I am focusing on Najee Harris RB out of Alabama 2nd round or a Edge rusher Aiden Hutchenson out of Michigan.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

He only has 8 passing TDs to 6 ints and 1,063 passing yards playing in the Sunbelt Conference on 11 games this season.

 

Nothing like Kyler Murray. Just a player with identical height to Murray, but won't make it in the NFL as a QB.

Somebody will take this dude and somebody will be rewarded. He is in a offense that runs 90% of the time. He has a Michael Vick burst in open field and will shred NFL defenses because like Vick they will have to change game plan due to his ability to run. You put his running game in there with Najee Harris, Ridley, Gage, and a IMPROVED left side of the o-line. No one would be able to stop Falcons offense. Give Bienemy this kid to build around and the Falcons would be lights out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Refried Beans said:

Somebody will take this dude and somebody will be rewarded. He is in a offense that runs 90% of the time. He has a Michael Vick burst in open field and will shred NFL defenses because like Vick they will have to change game plan due to his ability to run. You put his running game in there with Najee Harris, Ridley, Gage, and a IMPROVED left side of the o-line. No one would be able to stop Falcons offense. Give Bienemy this kid to build around and the Falcons would be lights out. 

 

 

This guy is nowhere near as fast as Vick. Do you remember watching Vick?

 

This guy probably will go undrafted.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Falcons need a left tackle, center, and right tackle on offense, they need a IMPACT LB in the middle, and a CB in this draft. Farley CB out of VA Tech or  Sewell out of Oregon is the smarter pick for this franchise that has so many needs right now. Werts will work I promise you. Get Dodds as GM, Bienemy as head coach, give Bienemy a mobile QB and watch Falcons win Super Bowl. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

 

This guy is nowhere near as fast as Vick. Do you remember watching Vick?

 

This guy probably will go undrafted.

 

Yea I have had season tickets for over 25 years so I remember Vick and I am telling you, I have seen both these dudes play live and this dude is a GEM. If he goes undrafted that is even better. Remember my mock draft last year when I said we needed to draft Jalen Hurts last round in draft and you guys said the same thing. That Jalen wouldnt start in NFL, I also said trade back into first round and pick Winfield Jr.  How are these players doing this year? I am telling you Falcons need to walk away from this draft with three players, Farley or Sewell 1st pick, Najee Harris 2nd round, and Werts late. These three players will be pillars for Falcons futrure. 

Edited by Refried Beans
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Look at acceleration when we runs, good touch on deep ball. Will be a late round steal. IMPACT players. Someone who steps in and makes a difference. Has that Moxy weve been missing. 

 

There's a reason why Murray was drafted first overall. And there's a reason why Werts will be drafted when he's drafted. And it's because he ain't Murray. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

UDFA. D'Eriq King has been mentioned in a similar vein and is a similar player (more an offensive weapon than anything) but better in every way, and I'd still only take him in the 5th.

Agreed. King would have made more sense. He's actually played against better comp and produced against it somewhat. King even has zip on his throws. Looks more elusive. Werts is just a good player in the Sun Belt and running a very archaic offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Agreed. King would have made more sense. He's actually played against better comp and produced against it somewhat. King even has zip on his throws. Looks more elusive. Werts is just a good player in the Sun Belt and running a very archaic offense.

Dont get me wrong I like King but in 5th round I am still looking at LBs, DEs. Falcons have too many holes and this Werts kid could be had as a UDFA. Just want him on Falcons radar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Dont get me wrong I like King but in 5th round I am still looking at LBs, DEs. Falcons have too many holes and this Werts kid could be had as a UDFA. Just want him on Falcons radar. 

If King is the better prospect, you take him in the 5th. I would assume anything past the 4th round is where the real crap shoot begins, so while drafting depth with upside would be fine, if you're looking to strike gold at QB, then take the better prospect. Especially one that is miles ahead talent wise over the UDFA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Agreed. King would have made more sense. He's actually played against better comp and produced against it somewhat. King even has zip on his throws. Looks more elusive. Werts is just a good player in the Sun Belt and running a very archaic offense.

Also in regards to better competition. Sun Belt is no joke, has best record against out of conference teams and bowl win record last three years running. Sun Belt is best conference outside of Power 5.  Sun Belt is made up of kids that just missed the big time program in their state or are transfers from bigger schools that want to play. Falcons would be wise to scout Sun Belt hard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

If King is the better prospect, you take him in the 5th. I would assume anything past the 4th round is where the real crap shoot begins, so while drafting depth with upside would be fine, if you're looking to strike gold at QB, then take the better prospect. Especially one that is miles ahead talent wise over the UDFA.

Honestly we could probably get King in the 5th and this kid as a UDFA. So technically we could have them both in camp. Get it done Falcons. Bieniemy would be able to make one of them shine. Ed Dodds + Eric Bieniemy= Falcons dynasty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Also in regards to better competition. Sun Belt is no joke, has best record against out of conference teams and bowl win record last three years running. Sun Belt is best conference outside of Power 5.  Sun Belt is made up of kids that just missed the big time program in their state or are transfers from bigger schools that want to play. Falcons would be wise to scout Sun Belt hard. 

I'm not overlooking the Sun Belt as a conference. They have 2 teams in the top 25, including CC in the top 10 undefeated. I'm just saying that's probably where Werts talents reach there limits at. A lot of good college kids simply end there careers in college. It's not like Werts is setting records at Southern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...