Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance, Jones, Trask: Meet the 2021 NFL draft QB class

fuego

Meet the 2021 NFL draft quarterbacks: Stats and what you need to know for Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, more

The quarterback class for the 2021 NFL draft could be one for the ages, with as many as six quarterbacks who could go in the first round, according to ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay.

It starts at the top with Clemson's Trevor Lawrence, one of the best QB prospects in years and the favorite to be selected No. 1 overall. Lawrence will square off in the College Football Playoff with the other top signal-caller in this class, Ohio State's Justin Fields. Not far behind them -- for now -- are BYU's Zach Wilson, North Dakota State's Trey Lance, Alabama's Mac Jones (also in the CFP mix) and Florida's Kyle Trask. NFL teams in need of a new look under center will have plenty of options.

But who are these signal-callers and what makes them top NFL prospects? We've outlined everything you need to know about them, including their backgrounds, strengths and weaknesses, plus rankings from Kiper and McShay. We begin with Lawrence, the likely No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft, and we end with a few more quarterbacks who could get drafted next April...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/story/_/id/30469546/meet-2021-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-stats-need-know-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-zach-wilson-more

1 hour ago, fuego said:

Meet the 2021 NFL draft quarterbacks: Stats and what you need to know for Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, more

The quarterback class for the 2021 NFL draft could be one for the ages, with as many as six quarterbacks who could go in the first round, according to ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay.

It starts at the top with Clemson's Trevor Lawrence, one of the best QB prospects in years and the favorite to be selected No. 1 overall. Lawrence will square off in the College Football Playoff with the other top signal-caller in this class, Ohio State's Justin Fields. Not far behind them -- for now -- are BYU's Zach Wilson, North Dakota State's Trey Lance, Alabama's Mac Jones (also in the CFP mix) and Florida's Kyle Trask. NFL teams in need of a new look under center will have plenty of options.

The quarterback class for the 2021 NFL draft could be one for the ages, with  as many as six quarterbacks who could go in the first round

That's where I stopped reading. These writers are complete trash. And everyone knows it's a pretty weak class at QB.

8 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

The quarterback class for the 2021 NFL draft could be one for the ages, with  as many as six quarterbacks who could go in the first round

That's where I stopped reading. These writers are complete trash. And everyone knows it's a pretty weak class at QB.

I've only seen that narrative on this board, looks as strong a QB class as I can remember in recent years.

5 hours ago, celtiksage said:

It’s only a weak QB class to the TATF group think. The rest of the NFL know whats up. Its the turn of the decade with a better generation of athletes than ever before. The league is going to look so different in 2 years when pocket passers are nearly extinct.

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I've only seen that narrative on this board, looks as strong a QB class as I can remember in recent years.

2 hours ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

It’s only a weak QB class to the TATF group think. The rest of the NFL know whats up. Its the turn of the decade with a better generation of athletes than ever before. The league is going to look so different in 2 years when pocket passers are nearly extinct.

Time will tell. But I do know what I've watched in years past and what I'm seeing now. In previous years, they all looked phenomenal when I saw them play. This year not nearly as much.

26 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Time will tell. But I do know what I've watched in years past and what I'm seeing now. In previous years, they all looked phenomenal when I saw them play. This year not nearly as much.

so you're getting reverse psychology worked on you from the NFL world then huh.....

:lol:

Personally feel the Bengals, Cardinals and Dolphins have to be happy they already got their QB. Think Murray, Burrow, and Tua are all going to be better than any QB in this class (if they can stay healthy).

Not sold on Fields or Lance honestly. With Fields, it's his performance in big games and with Lance, it's just the number of snaps.

Feels like Lawrence has a lot of potential, but as per usual, NFL teams are so in love with size so he is getting put in the Peyton/Luck category (he's good, but that not good). Personally wonder if his back up isn't going to be just as good if not better than him. He played better against ND than Lawrence.

I like Wilson, but I can see how the level of competition would scare people off. But man, watching him play is fun. He just looks to have "it."

Mac Jones has a beautiful deep ball, but his average at best athleticism is going to be what limits him. 

Trask doesn't really have any skill that's elite, but he does a lot of things well. Feels like that's kind of dangerous, but could also turn him into a quality starter. 

Really don't see any QB that I would have taken over Murray or Burrow. Give Tua a clean bill of health, and I would put him up there too. Gonna be scary if Miami ever gets Tua weapons that are NFL caliber lol

1 minute ago, Gonobeast said:

I like what I see from:  1. Trask  2. Wilson

But I also liked Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson the most in their draft classes so who knows.  

Wilson should have been a first round pick easily, but the NFL has an issue with size. Size is the most overrated trait for a QB IMO. Without knowing what we know now, he should have been the 3rd QB taken behind Luck and RG III. If it was done now, it would have gone: Wilson, Luck, Tannehill 

Lamar has been good too, so you may be onto something lol. 

7 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Trask is interesting because he is basically a pocket passer with limited mobility ala Big Ben

Trask is fairly mobile for a guy who's 6'5 240 lbs.

He can move some. Won't break off long runs, but could get you a 1st down if he has space and fall forward because he's a load lol.

A young Ben Rothlisberger is the right comparison for him.

13 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Trask has played well against some top competition including hanging 40+ on Alabama. I think both he and Jones are being overlooked a bit.  

Yep

He also has 43 passing TDs to just 5 ints and an almost 70% completion percentage.

He is being slept on quite a bit. He has been very impressive.