Jump to content

Which of the potential offensive minded head coaching candidates do you think has the best chance of fixing the Falcons defense?


Falcons Fan MVP
 Share

Recommended Posts

Arthur Smith has a background in defense. Gary Kubiak is usually good at picking defensive coordinators. Jim Harbaugh had a good defense with SF. 

All the other potential head coaching candidates seem like an unknown. It's hard to speculate what Bienemy, Daboll or a Joe Brady just to name a few would do for defense.

The Falcons can bring in an offensive mastermind all they want but they still need a defense that's at least decent and can create turnovers.

I would like a head coaching candidate that can improve BOTH our offense and defense and maximize our talents on both sides of the ball. 

Who potential head coaching candidate do you trust to bring out the best in both our offense and defense with our current roster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Arthur Smith has a background in defense. Gary Kubiak is usually good at picking defensive coordinators. Jim Harbaugh had a good defense with SF. 

All the other potential head coaching candidates seem like an unknown. It's hard to speculate what Bienemy, Daboll or a Joe Brady just to name a few would do for defense.

The Falcons can bring in an offensive mastermind all they want but they still need a defense that's at least decent and can create turnovers.

I would like a head coaching candidate that can improve BOTH our offense and defense and maximize our talents on both sides of the ball. 

Who potential head coaching candidate do you trust to bring out the best in both our offense and defense with our current roster?

Arthur Smith

/thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'm pretty sure EB is going to be the next HC of the Falcons, and I have no idea who he will choose for DC.

I agree with but wouldnt be mad if it was Arthur Smith either.  If it was me, I would take a look at position cosches under DC within the Saints, Bucs, Bills, and 9ers organizations for my DC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I get the impression EB will go to Houston or Chargers but I would be excited if we did get him.

Yeah, I believe one or the other...both have younger and mobile QBs that would better fit its system.. My money would be on San Diego if it becomes available.  They are up and coming with a fairly talented young roster.

I still dont see the love for EB..... it feels like the Dan Quinn hire all over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I get the impression EB will go to Houston or Chargers but I would be excited if we did get him.

Really? It’s been said before but I think if you want an offensively minded HC then you want a guy coming from a team who’s HC is a defensive guy (I.e Arthur Smith at Tenn under Vrabel). At least this guarantees the offence they run is his and he is 100% responsible for its play calling. I’ll give you one other example - Shanahan under Quinn. I’ll take Arthur Smith as my No. 1 because their team most closely resembles ours (obviously minus the stud RB) and then Daboll as my No.2 (purely on the fact he runs a lot of designed QB keepers which we wouldn’t do with Ryan).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, primetime said:

Really? It’s been said before but I think if you want an offensively minded HC then you want a guy coming from a team who’s HC is a defensive guy (I.e Arthur Smith at Tenn under Vrabel). At least this guarantees the offence they run is his and he is 100% responsible for its play calling. I’ll give you one other example - Shanahan under Quinn. I’ll take Arthur Smith as my No. 1 because their team most closely resembles ours (obviously minus the stud RB) and then Daboll as my No.2 (purely on the fact he runs a lot of designed QB keepers which we wouldn’t do with Ryan).

never thought of it that way but i like it, a lot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, primetime said:

Really? It’s been said before but I think if you want an offensively minded HC then you want a guy coming from a team who’s HC is a defensive guy (I.e Arthur Smith at Tenn under Vrabel). At least this guarantees the offence they run is his and he is 100% responsible for its play calling. I’ll give you one other example - Shanahan under Quinn. I’ll take Arthur Smith as my No. 1 because their team most closely resembles ours (obviously minus the stud RB) and then Daboll as my No.2 (purely on the fact he runs a lot of designed QB keepers which we wouldn’t do with Ryan).

I like Robert Saleh for that same reason. He could give Matt Ryan a top 10 defense. Hopefully he would bring Mike McDaniel as OC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, octoslash said:

I bet if a lot of people took the time to research Bienemy's record they'd back off on the EB Lovefest.

I never have been impressed with him and think it would be just another failed 5-year experiment of hiring the 'hot' name.  Just like DQ.

I mirror these thoughts.  DQ has left a stench.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I want Smith...I want a mentality that we will line up and punch you in the jaw for 60 minutes, and I feel that is Smiths mindset.

Smith is my guy. His system fits our current personnel. The offensive weapons are in place. The OL would greatly benefit from actually running the outside zone instead of talking about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I like Robert Saleh for that same reason. He could give Matt Ryan a top 10 defense. Hopefully he would bring Mike McDaniel as OC.

I think our best chance at success is to mirror 2016 and put all our eggs in the Offencive basket. Whether it’s Arthur Smith (preference) or Daboll which Defencive coordinator they bring with them could be the difference maker. 

For what it’s worth I don’t see how Salah brings McDaniel with him - McDaniel will be a HC at the pats in a couple of years or in his own right but I don’t see him being a string along. I’d be more inclined to think Fangio might be looking for a new job and he would be a perfect fit as an experienced DC needing a new start 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Five years ago it was Rex, Bowles and Quinn. This year it’s Smith, Daboll and Bienemy. Stop going with trends and find the right guy. Starting with the GM. Let him pick the coach. Even if it’s a special teams coach like Harbaugh. Get it right.

So who do you like??? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...