NOTES: 12/23

FalconsIn2012

18 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I guarantee we don’t practice run blocking. Hurst stinks

Still think most of our crew would look wayyyyy better with a different playcaller, one who puts emphasis on the run game (kinda like you said). 

Edited by Francis York Morgan
Corrected post, saw 75 not 76

7 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Still think most of our crew would look wayyyyy better with a different playcaller, one who puts emphasis on the run game (kinda like you said). Also, that's Gono, not McGary

100% Fact.  It’s a unit capable of efficiently scoring 30 ppg and averaging 100 rushing ypg

Too predictable. All the defensive lines in our division are monsters and we are still trying to figure it out. Carolina can improve but the rest are beast. We need balance offensively.  When?

Doesnt matter how good the offensive line is if you are passing all the time. Defensive line is usually more athletic and can throw bodies at you.

Edited by red falcon

9 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This man destroys Grady...lol.  Beast.  Our OT are soft

I remember saying we must take Wirfs if he fell to us, and many saying I was dumb. He is straight nasty, I seen enough of him just straight beat people up at Iowa to know we needed some of that tenacity on our line. Being a former state champion wrestler doesn’t hurt either.

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I remember saying we must take Wirfs if he fell to us, and many saying I was dumb. He is straight nasty, I seen enough of him just straight beat people up at Iowa to know we needed some of that tenacity on our line. Being a former state champion wrestler doesn’t hurt either.

I dont think he would have helped at all with dirk. Next year though?

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

I dont think he would have helped at all with dirk. Next year though?

In DKs scheme IMO it becomes even more important to have great lineman. He basically sets them in front of their guy and says block them for a long time while my s***ty long route designs develop.

I am def glad we have AJ, and even if Wirfs was on the board in hindsight AJ may have been the better pick for this team, but Wirfs would be an all pro guard (may even be an all pro tackle at some point) and would have definitely helped this line. A tandem of him and Linstrom inside would have been just nasty.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

In DKs scheme IMO it becomes even more important to have great lineman. He basically sets them in front of their guy and says block them for a long time while my s***ty long route designs develop.

I am def glad we have AJ, and even if Wirfs was on the board in hindsight AJ may have been the better pick for this team, but Wirfs would be an all pro guard (may even be an all pro tackle at some point) and would have definitely helped this line. A tandem of him and Linstrom inside would have been just nasty.

Absolutley. Both will be good, we were lacking a lot in both areas. 

17 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I was going off of that clip. If you saw beyond that clip from the game, then cool. There's not enough steps in that clip for me to see a limp personally.

I do know he came into the game injured so maybe.

Even in that clip you can see him high-lifting his right leg as he turns away to try and stretch it out, but yeah it was clear throughout the game that he was playing hurt. If Morris wasn't coaching for his job right now I doubt he would have played.

5 hours ago, Lornoth said:

He didn't walk off he limped off. He was playing hurt.

Another DUMB situation not to give Gono reps at LG. He was originally a left side player. We move him to RG last year to ease Lindstrom back in.

What is the deal? Play Carp with a gimpy groin? Gono has mostly played well enough to get more reps with the 1s in practice and could easily replace what trash plays we’ve seen from McRay this year.