Raheem to receive formal HC interview by Falcons

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hiring a good play calling head coach is the only way to protect yourself from another shanny situation. 

You’re doing it wrong. It’s....

According to DLed. I hope this just a courtesy, but now I hope the majority of this board understands why some of us are rooting for losses. Not just for draft positioning, but Blank can easily b

Posted Images

5 hours ago, stizz said:

He chose to stick with Koetter. Dude had no issue letting go of the ST coach.

He and Koetter appear to have been on different pages when it came to the RB situation and the usage of Gono.

Raheem had his chance. He showed with the losses to NO that he cannot gameplan. There were no adjustments made in that second game.

Maybe there is no one on the coaching staff any better than Koetter. 

5 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I think he deserves one.

He also deserves a chance to explain what he sees as our major issues, and how ( if given the reins as a real HC ) he would address them. To me that is the kicker.

I'm not 100% convinced he has full autonomy as the interim HC.

that isn't the kicker, KOO is the kicker.....

and I just had flashbacks of Abbott and Costello.....

:lol:

The decision is cut and dry....

Raheem Morris NFL HC record is 21-36, no no and NO! 

We can NOT hire a project coach or someone who isn’t coming from a winning culture, PERIOD.  I’m sure he’s a great guy and a capable coach, BUT, we need someone who’s resume proves they’ve won in the past and can win NOW and in the future. 

Morris has been a coach for 19 years if you include his college career, he’s 144-158, less than .500% win percentage. Why in the world would someone who has coached for 19 years all of a sudden be the guy who gets the Falcons a SB, it’s because it won’t happen, case closed. 

Flame away Morris lovers....

2 hours ago, matty72780 said:

The decision is cut and dry....

Raheem Morris NFL HC record is 21-36, no no and NO! 

We can NOT hire a project coach or someone who isn’t coming from a winning culture, PERIOD.  I’m sure he’s a great guy and a capable coach, BUT, we need someone who’s resume proves they’ve won in the past and can win NOW and in the future. 

Morris has been a coach for 19 years if you include his college career, he’s 144-158, less than .500% win percentage. Why in the world would someone who has coached for 19 years all of a sudden be the guy who gets the Falcons a SB, it’s because it won’t happen, case closed. 

Flame away Morris lovers....

You're not wrong. Don't worry, it's just a professional courtesy that he's getting the interview. 

We can't interview any playoff bound coaches until after the season.

Speaking of which, I hope they record all these interviews. The eventual incoming GM and HC could gain some significant perspective by reviewing them after it's all said and done.