The Locker Room

caponine

So i feel like at this point there are only two things going on with the team behind closed doors, 

1. The players are mad and frustrated with one another

2. They are starting to tune each other out and ignore each other

Losses like these start to take a toll on you

I keep thinking of why the same kind of collapses keep happening with the offense and defense over and over each week. 

I wouldnt put it past any of the players if there were players that dont necessarily like other players. Your leaders in the locker room are obviously talking but nothing is resonating with the team..

Frustrated, sure. And disappointed with how the season has gone, and how the past few seasons have gone. They're human. But I don't think that's translated into dissension in the locker room. If anything, going through hard times tends to tighten the bond you have with your team mates, not weaken it.

The reason the team keeps falling apart in the second half? First off, there is more than one reason. The main thing I see is the offense has no running option and eventually the pass blocking caves in. The defensive backfield is still pretty young and vulnerable. Our soft defense works pretty well until it doesn't, which is usually in crunch time late in the game.

Some of it is probably the specter of all the previous collapses, going back to the SB. I don't see the situation changing until the new HC and GM, OC and DC and coaching staff have been put in place. They will collectively bring a new culture, new vision, new motivation, new energy and new enthusiasm. That should go a long way toward curing the constant late-game disintegration.

22 minutes ago, caponine said:

So i feel like at this point there are only two things going on with the team behind closed doors, 

I keep thinking of why the same kind of collapses keep happening with the offense and defense over and over each week. 

I wouldnt put it past any of the players if there were players that dont necessarily like other players. Your leaders in the locker room are obviously talking but nothing is resonating with the team..

They probably think they need a new coaching staff or a good draft or something. They probably think that are very close to being a winning team. 

24 minutes ago, caponine said:

They might be mad at Fowler and Dirk Koetter. 

32 minutes ago, caponine said:

My only question to you is: "Starting?" 😃

6 hours ago, octoslash said:

Lots of speculation here about what's going on in the minds of a bunch of complete strangers.  Who knows?

Most of them are likely just trying to get done with this mess without getting a serious injury.

💯

the only thing i would assume is that the players on offense are just counting down and drawing straws for who gets to lock dk off the plane in tampa on jan. 3rd.

8 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

the only unit that should be pissed off is the offense all of the choked loses has been because the defense has sucked *** in the 2nd half 31 pts in one half is inexcusable period. 

This. Offense done their jobs only for the defense to lay down in the 2nd half. 

11 hours ago, caponine said:

nope it doesn't..

Each one has got handsomely rewarded by Mr.Blank and and that last superbowl appearance has put them on cloud 9

They have got complacent offensively and piss poor defensively.

Let me not start on our special teams non existing threat or creativity in play calling.

We are way behind where elite teams are headed.