Falcons demote Gurley, Ito Smith takes ‘lead dog’ duties - AJC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At this point you need to see what Ollison actually looks like in a game and not just practice. What can it hurt?  It’s not like having him involved will make our run game and pass blocking any worse.

Now you sound like Koetter. 

Actually we don't know if they suck. There's not enough of a sample size to make that determination.  😁😁😁

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

The Ollison thing perplexes me.  Morris cannot say "he sucks and we hate him".  No, he or we cannot create a scenario or opportunity for him.  What does that even mean? 

No way he’s less effective than Gurley or Hill. I’ve seen enough of those bozos. 

Gurley either doesn’t have it any more or is a total mismatch for this offense and I have never cared for Brian Hill. Never seen anything there. 

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

No way he’s less effective than Gurley or Hill. I’ve seen enough of those bozos. 

Gurley either doesn’t have it any more or is a total mismatch for this offense and I have never cared for Brian Hill. Never seen anything there. 

Agreed.  Ollison must have pissed someone off royally to be in the dog house with this sorry excuse for a running back corps.  I knew we didn't care about actual wins when we signed Gurley.  He was a publicity stunt.

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

Agreed.  Ollison must have pissed someone off royally to be in the dog house with this sorry excuse for a running back corps.  I knew we didn't care about actual wins when we signed Gurley.  He was a publicity stunt.

I think it was partly that but the egos among coaches and front offices in the league always think they can do better with a guy than what has been done. And they’re rarely right. 

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Hopefully the new regime drafts a RB early and maybe a RB with one of the late picks.

I'm certainly hopeful that the Falcons get some big time talent at RB and not a late round pick, or some past-his-prime type of player. Most of all, I hope we get an OC that knows how to implement an effective run game. 

I love (LOVE) sushi.  I could eat it 4-5 times a week and did for a while when I was in Seattle for a stint.  

But pro tip, don't take it home with you and expect it to be as good even if it was great before, no matter how much you paid for it.

Todd Gurley is our leftover sushi, used to be really good, now just stinky and will make you hurl.

It was obvious SIX WEEKS AGO that this needed to happen. At least. Probably 50 times I thought, "Oh, look, we had a successful running place for once", only to then realize it was Ito.

If anyone on the actual COACHING STAFF was also paying attention, and you know, trying to WIN, they would've seen it too. WTH?

UPDATE: Here's another blindingly obvious thing in case the coaches can't see it -- get Luke Stocker off the field.

Edited by DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins
6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Morris w a big f you to Olly. There’s that answer...bout time they admit what they (don’t) have w Gurley. 

maybe I am reading too deep since I can’t stand the guy, but Dik Koetter seemed bent that he wasnt consulted by Morris about Gurley.

I hope so. Koetter has done a terrible job as OC.  He played a significant role in Quinn's dismissal and he will be one reason Morris will not likely keep his job.  

I am glad Morris made the announcement publicly.  

1 hour ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

It was obvious SIX WEEKS AGO that this needed to happen. At least. Probably 50 times I thought, "Oh, look, we had a successful running place for once", only to then realize it was Ito.

If anyone on the actual COACHING STAFF was also paying attention, and you know, trying to WIN, they would've seen it too. WTH?

UPDATE: Here's another blindingly obvious thing in case the coaches can't see it -- get Luke Stocker off the field.

It boggles me how coaches can be STUPID talent evaluators.