Matt Ryan career milestone Sunday

Ergo Proxy

As regards QBs who don't have a Ring and are in the Hall of Fame, only Marino and Tarkenton rate higher in HoF worthiness per the PFR tool that attempts to normalize stats and all levels of achievement across eras.

They have him higher than Fouts, Moon and Kelly; all HoF QBs without a ring.

He should've been a PB in 2018 for sure and that; plus the SB51 ring lost obviously, lowers his career rating some, but he still has a top 15 career among QBs all-time; as of today.

He'll pass Rivers among active players on this list; as his career will go longer (unless Rivers wins a ring; unlikely with the other AFC teams)...

Can't wait to reload next year with a better coaching staff and improving the roster.

11 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

Not bad for a "washed QB" who is only good because of Julio 🙄 

Narratives are dumb and usually ignorant to reality or don’t fit the big picture. All QBs need help. Falcons are among the worst rushing teams since Koetter’s first stint here and the defense got worse moving on from Smitty to Quinn; who was supposed to fix the defense.

And people wonder why we can’t close games? Can’t run the ball to eat clock and protect a defense and the defense can’t consistently close itself; but would help to have a run game protect them.

Arthur Smith; or another logical fit that can both run and pass, while addressing our lack of talent on defense in secondary and along the DL...which could be done with a top 5-10 draft pick.

But as we have seen, coaching matters more. That’s especially important for the next QB we do get.

15 hours ago, fuego said:

He also now has more passing yards in his first 13 seasons I believe it is than any other QB. Just passed Peyton Manning.

He will soon be passed over by

Brohm, Henne, Stafford, Bradford, RGIII, Luck, Newton, Wentz, Bortles, Mariota, Maziel, Carr, Goff. Winston, Locker, Lynch, Tebow, Freeman, Dalton, Smith, Sanchez, Locker, Ponder, Kaepernick, Trubisky, Weeden, Garapolo, Bridgewater, Watson etc etc etc.

You know, all the other surefire HOF QBs that are easy draft picks every year.

Ryan was invited to the 2019 ProBowl and declined due to injury.  If you decline you don't get to say you were a ProBowler.  He earned it but that is the rule for alternates.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/31/matt-ryan-opted-out-of-2019-pro-bowl-over-left-wrist-issue/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Pro_Bowl

Notes: Players must have accepted their invitations as alternates to be listed; those who declined are not considered Pro Bowlers.

With this rule Ryan lost a PB on his resume and his replacement was......Trubisky.

Well I guess if we go by stats he's an All-Pro quarterback..  although if you look a lot of his stats have come when the game was over.... But me I'll take a quarter back with more wins and losses than stats.... But here's something that you guys can ponder..... Can a person be a huge Atlanta falcons fan without being a Matt Ryan Homer ?????

31 minutes ago, Xyfiel said:

Ryan was invited to the 2019 ProBowl and declined due to injury.  If you decline you don't get to say you were a ProBowler.  He earned it but that is the rule for alternates.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/31/matt-ryan-opted-out-of-2019-pro-bowl-over-left-wrist-issue/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Pro_Bowl

Notes: Players must have accepted their invitations as alternates to be listed; those who declined are not considered Pro Bowlers.

With this rule Ryan lost a PB on his resume and his replacement was......Trubisky.

Xavier Rhodes went to the pro bowl last year and he was horrendous.  It’s a popularity contest anymore, not sure anyone puts stock into that nowadays.

45 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Well I guess if we go by stats he's an All-Pro quarterback..  although if you look a lot of his stats have come when the game was over.... But me I'll take a quarter back with more wins and losses than stats.... But here's something that you guys can ponder..... Can a person be a huge Atlanta falcons fan without being a Matt Ryan Homer ?????

I'm sure you'll cheer when he makes the Hall because you love the Falcons. /s :rolleyes:

Whatever your feelings on Ryan are at this point in his career, people should be giving him credit for this. It takes a special kind of player to have the career he has had up until this point and to consistently be there for us after all the bad Olines he's had over the yrs. 

14 hours ago, fuego said:

He also now has more passing yards in his first 13 seasons I believe it is than any other QB. Just passed Peyton Manning.

This record is both a tribute to Ryan and an indictment of the organization.  

If we had a competent FO and coaching staff, Ryan would be HOF bound with 2 rings and 48,000 current yards instead of zero and 54,000

15 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

This record is both a tribute to Ryan and an indictment of the organization.  

If we had a competent FO and coaching staff, Ryan would be HOF bound with 2 rings and 48,000 current yards instead of zero and 54,000

Maybe even 3. We had a great shot in 2017 with that defense if Keanu Neal didn't try and play ping pong with an interception. Completely changed that game in their favor. 

13 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

NFL Career Wins
Matt Ryan - 117
Jim Kelly - 110
Troy Aikman - 105
Warren Moon - 105
Steve Young - 102

Matt is ahead of a ton of HOF QBs in terms of QB wins. He currently has the 13th most wins all time. He will easily pass another HOFer, Terry Bradshaw, for 12th place next year. If he averages even just 8 wins over the next two seasons, he will knock Joe Montana out of the top 10.

Now consider how much farther up the list he'd be already if he had a semi-competent coaching staff and defense at the same time.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=&alltime=1&sort=w