Notes 12/21

Ergo Proxy

Just flush this season down the drain because that 0-5 start killed any hope, and the 2nd half meltdowns are getting too painful. At this point, simply organizing the mess we have right now is the best thing to do.

We need to have an OC who can develop an effective run game. We need to get 2 more playmakers on defense(FS in particular). Hopefully upgrade on the edge as well. We seem to only have solid rotational guys on the edge. Infuse youth and talent at RB via the draft.

If Simmons truly is a target of ours, I'm down to take Farley or Surtain in the draft, and bring Neal back. Secondary would be a for sure strength. Not opposed to loading up for the 2022 draft either.

3 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Why is Koetter so bad in the run game? Is he just not talented enough to scheme a run game? Does he not care about it and is just neglecting it? 

Dirk has a gun slinging mentality with no creativity. Oh and yeah, he gives zero f**ks about running the ball.

1 minute ago, ROMERO said:

This sums about what I hate about the few on this board that just want to blame Ryan. Ryan can have a great game in a loss. Defense gets toasted in the 2nd half but Ryan this Ryan that...  

Matt Ryan throws 3 picks - "He sucks, he's trash"

Matt Ryan throws 3 TDs and 0 picks - "All he gets is stats, I want wins. He aint a winner"

8 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Dirk should go coach in the Big 12 they don't play defense or run the ball away most of those schools. 

No. The better teams still run the ball effectively. They just don't play defense worth a crap unless Oklahoma stumbles upon a decent defense. Kutty could probably coach a Heisman winner though.

5 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

In all honesty, that would not be bad for him.  Quinn has college coach written all over him.

I agree 100%. I have always said that Quinn could build a dynasty in college football. He would instantly be one of the top recruiters in college football with the brotherhood and rah rah stuff. He has the connections to the pro and college game to build an incredible staff. No matter where he goes, I think he will have a good coaching career.

I had thought I was the only one noticing how bad Grady played yesterday. Definitely needed much more from him. Was on the ground multiple times. He won’t get any of the blame even though he’s supposed to be the best player on our defense. 

Terrell definitely had a really bad game too so not surprised he graded low. Uncharacteristic missed tackles and coverage wasn’t much better. 

1 hour ago, ATLskinjob said:

Why is Koetter so bad in the run game? Is he just not talented enough to scheme a run game? Does he not care about it and is just neglecting it? 

As I said yesterday in a thread, if you look at DK as an OC and HC with the falcons and Bucs he only had 1 season in which he had a good running game and that was 2015 with Doug Martin. It’s even worse when  you think about it with the falcons bc we’ve had a solid running game with all the other OCs in Atlanta in the Matt Ryan era other than DK. He just doesn't make an attempt to have a good running game. 

22 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I had thought I was the only one noticing how bad Grady played yesterday. Definitely needed much more from him. Was on the ground multiple times. He won’t get any of the blame even though he’s supposed to be the best player on our defense. 

Terrell definitely had a really bad game too so not surprised he graded low. Uncharacteristic missed tackles and coverage wasn’t much better. 

Mike Evans always seems to eat our lunch. He's just a big SoB. All of our CBs seem to struggle with that. 

25 minutes ago, FalconDawg28 said:

As I said yesterday in a thread, if you look at DK as an OC and HC with the falcons and Bucs he only had 1 season in which he had a good running game and that was 2015 with Doug Martin. It’s even worse when  you think about it with the falcons bc we’ve had a solid running game with all the other OCs in Atlanta in the Matt Ryan era other than DK. He just doesn't make an attempt to have a good running game. 

Yeah but why? It's so obvious that a huge weakness of this team is the inability to run the ball. In fact, it's our greatest weakness and it affects all aspects of the game. You would have to be blind to have been in the league that long and not get that. Is the dude just chugging bourbon up there in the booth?

I think it's obvious too that Morris told him he needs to run the ball more. So Koetter responded by taking our most worn out running back and pounding him up the middle? It just don't make no sense.

1 hour ago, ATLskinjob said:

It’s not his system, he don’t believe he understand the outside zone blocking schemes. Todd Gurley is not a goal line situational back. So it’s a lack of talent and poor blocking designs our lineman are not getting to the second level like they should. Koetter has ran the ball effective with the proper tools. Look at his time with the bucs and jags. I believe Doug Martin ran for 1500 yards under Koetter in one season.

im not defending Koetter, I personally want him gone. Just pointing out the obvious. This was Dan Quinn’s fault for hiring Koetter.

Edited by AxManBigFan