QB and why we need a new one, PERIOD!

OP mentions QB's he believes are better, but no mention of the fact that all of those QB's have way better support in their run games, better defenses, and most of all, better coaches. The OP believes that winning is solely on the QB's shoulders. I've got news for you, no QB is going to be successful in Atlanta, until we get a coaching staff, running game, and defense that are on par with Matt Ryan's level of play. Do you really think a new QB is all this team needs to win games? 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank god this was posted.  I was afraid we'd have to wait until after Christmas to see Matt Ryan Thread #844,261.  

The “vets” with better coaches : Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Tannehill The “Young guns” with better coaches: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Murray   Th

All I want for Christmas is a merged QB thread 

On 12/22/2020 at 7:28 PM, Killing Floor said:

Ryan is between 19th and 21st best quarterback in the league today, this season, depending on which source you choose.  He's not the worst.  But yeah, nobody needs to think he's coming back stronger, faster, more accurate next year.  

Go re-run the Chargers, Saints, Saints, Packers, Bucs game, pick one.  Heck, pick any of the 12 Ls this year except Dallas, he does not own any part of that loss.  

Can you honestly say Matt Ryan left it all on the field 14 times this year?  7 times?  Did he even try at LAC?  GB?  

He's been great.  Let's move on, sooner the better.  We're as good as we will be until then. 

And if you really love him to pieces think about this, all he is doing now is eliminating his HoF chances.  

Ryan’s not eliminating anything it’s the decisions made around that are crucifying his career and the Falcons.

Coaching is everything in the NFL have the Falcons had that the last 3 seasons I think not.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:21 AM, Spts1 said:

Brady is running a scheme where he has to HOLD THE BALL.   That has been the issue in the first half with the Buccaneers for the entire season.   It has thrown his timing off because he is used to the quick passing of the Patriot scheme he was running.  At halftime, Brady makes his adjustments with the receivers, and then Brady becomes Brady.

Atlanta's crappy defense helped out tremendously as well. The lack of a running game from the Falcons gave the Bucs all the time they needed. Adjustments by the BIcs are one thing, but playing a team that can't play for 4 quarters is the biggest difference maker. Atlanta has blown leads in 8 games this year, so what does that tell you?

Edited by 4dabirds
1 hour ago, 4dabirds said:

OP mentions QB's he believes are better, but no mention of the fact that all of those QB's have way better support in their run games, better defenses, and most of all, better coaches. The OP believes that winning is solely on the QB's shoulders. I've got news for you, no QB is going to be successful in Atlanta, until we get a coaching staff, running game, and defense that are on par with Matt Ryan's level of play. Do you really think a new QB is all this team needs to win games? 

Many have the misguided notion that one player who can get a bit creative will just win everything.  I'd argue that point can work in basketball, but not football.  Scheme and coaching matter more in the pros than in college.  Great athletes make it look easy in the college game and then get real culture shock when they hit the pros.  Ryan Leaf anyone?

4 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Untrue completely. We have the arguably best offense on paper of all time. We’ve had a great offense for many years. We had Shannahan and we literally gave the SB away. So no, I don’t think it’s all ok Matt Ryan, but we need a new QB. 

ps - you’re an idiot  

10 minutes ago, matty72780 said:
10 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Untrue completely. We have the arguably best offense on paper of all time. We’ve had a great offense for many years. We had Shannahan and we literally gave the SB away. So no, I don’t think it’s all ok Matt Ryan, but we need a new QB. 

ps - you’re an idiot  

Best offense of all time!.... on paper... what is this fantasy football.   haaaaaaa and you called him an idiot.... haaaaaaaaaaaa I needed a humorously silly post for this season.  This one is up there. 

Edited by Realsurfin
Silly reasoning
2 hours ago, matty72780 said:

ps - you’re an idiot  

Right, I'm the idiot.

When have the Falcons had the best offense of all time, on paper or in reality?  That statement alone shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, the Falcons have had great offenses because of Matt Ryan, not in spite of him. If you read and actually comprehended my post, then you'd realize exactly why the Falcons have sucked for the past three seasons. 

P.S. 
Get a clue moron

Edited by 4dabirds
On 12/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, dapanch420 said:

Nope put brady on this team and watch him struggle more than ryan.

Tom Brady would be cursing out every one on this team. One thing that Brady has that Matt Ryan doesn’t is that accountability nerve, at least not on the level of Brady lol. Brady will straight tell you to “SHUT UP, I’M CALLING PLAYS!”

On 12/21/2020 at 8:53 AM, matty72780 said:

First let me say, I love Matt Ryan, he’s meant so much to this franchise and under the right scheme he can be amazing (see Shanny’s offense). However, Matt Ryan constantly holds the ball forcing unnecessary coverage sacks and basically throws a boneheaded pick nearly every game. Let’s take a look at the NFL today though and see what other teams are working with. 

Better QBs in the NFL than Matt Ryan:

The “vets”: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Tannehill

“Young guns”: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Murray

You could also make a case for guys like Carr and Watson but I left them out. This means as much as we want to deny it, Matt Ryan is NOT a top 10 QB anymore and we have arguably the best 2 WRs in the NFL on this team. Sure Koetter is horrible but at some point we have to realize the NFL is full of young talent and while other franchises are building their franchise QBs into vets we’re stuck with an aging team just making it harder and harder to compete at the level that these teams will be in the event we face them come playoff time. 

Matt Ryan - thank you for your service and thanks in advance for taking a new QB under your wing (since you’ll be on the team till 2022 due to your salary/cap hit), but it’s time to look to the future everyone. 

Be careful bruh. Folks on this board will **** near hunt you down if you say something bad about Matt Ryan