QB and why we need a new one, PERIOD!

1 minute ago, Smiler11 said:

The scheme demands he hold onto the ball longer.

I do agree to a point.  Our offense plods in setting up.  Koetter does not set us up to succeed.  It looks like to me that many of the players saw this season as a loss going in.  And they are going through the motions.  The high level of injuries tells me that.  Mike Singletary said at one time that injuries happen when your head is not in the game.  Concentrating on the game, knowing your assignment, executing what you practice and being a technician of the game.  The team looked out of sorts, unprepared and more than a bit distracted this year.  A dumpster fire 🔥.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank god this was posted.  I was afraid we'd have to wait until after Christmas to see Matt Ryan Thread #844,261.  

The “vets” with better coaches : Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Tannehill The “Young guns” with better coaches: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Murray   Th

All I want for Christmas is a merged QB thread 

2 hours ago, jay1k2 said:

The “vets” with better coaches : Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Tannehill

The “Young guns” with better coaches: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Murray

The problem is the garbage coaching

So coaching has to do with a weak arm, slow anticipation and happy feet ?? 

Looking at all these teams with young QB's that are athletic, strong arms, evading sacks when the pocket collapses, and putting up big #'s makes me envious. Love Matt Ryan but he doesn't have those traits and he's not getting any younger while taking up a chunk of the salary cap. If you can draft a young QB, I say do it and let Ryan groom him for a year.

9 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

So a Bucs team that finished 7-9 as well last year while giving up 50 more points, and that same team now is 9-5 because they fixed the QB position while this one is 4-10 because it didn’t.

You’d rather have the guy who equaled last seasons loss total 13 games in, vs Brady?

This place man...😂

The problem here is, TB only needed to upgrade at QB. Winston threw 30 freaking picks. Imagine if he cut that in half. We won the last game of the year due to a pick 6. Could have probably won at least 10 games in 2019.

When I look at the young guns, I see teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and Cardinals struggling to find a QB before the heir apparent finally came along. The Chargers needed better coaching. I mean Rivers is 39 but he's leading the Colts to the playoffs and having one of his best years efficiency wise. Ryan is sitting in the same boat Rivers was in. Dude needed better coaching and help in other areas.

8 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Wasn’t Leftwich the OC in TB last year?  Soooo...in TB’s case, it was the QB, but in our case, it’s DK?

Isn't that the only thing that changed in TB? I mean they went from a younger guy with a stronger arm, and replaced him with a vet with a better mind for running an offense. Is Tom going to suddenly do something better than Ryan with DK running show still?!

15 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Isn't that the only thing that changed in TB? I mean they went from a younger guy with a stronger arm, and replaced him with a vet with a better mind for running an offense. Is Tom going to suddenly do something better than Ryan with DK running show still?!

Yes...he’s Tom Brady.  That’s why I (and the rest of the planet except you) would take him over Ryan.

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

The answer is Zack Wilson Justin Fields Trey Lance or whoever the new GMHC likes....Trask Jones other

The OP is dead on point.....but needs one amendment.

Trade JJ like TD should’ve done before he got his new contract. Take the value and run. Ridley is a #1 unlike some stated that his success was due to JJ being doubled. Lol Ridley gets open with JJ in street clothes on the sideline. 
It’s all about the future .....time to move on

TD was directed to make Julio a “Falcon for life”...

8 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Yes...he’s Tom Brady.  That’s why I (and the rest of the planet except you) would take him over Ryan.

You're overstating Brady's impact, and showing hatred towards Ryan and it's okay. As I mentioned in another post, Phillip rivers was being wasted on the Chargers. He goes to the 7-9 Colts, and magically they're doing the same as the Bucs. But who am I kidding. When Ryan is finally gone, there's no more scapegoats left because he was the only one right?!

5 hours ago, octoslash said:

Thank god this was posted.  I was afraid we'd have to wait until after Christmas to see

Matt Ryan Thread #844,261.  

What else are we gonna talk about? We are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but of course this loser of a fan base loves to talk trash on one another’s post, if it’s a duplicate post just don’t read it you turd. 

1 hour ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

You're overstating Brady's impact, and showing hatred towards Ryan and it's okay. As I mentioned in another post, Phillip rivers was being wasted on the Chargers. He goes to the 7-9 Colts, and magically they're doing the same as the Bucs. But who am I kidding. When Ryan is finally gone, there's no more scapegoats left because he was the only one right?!

Hold on...so you admit, only thing that changed in TB was Brady...and that looks worth at least 3 wins.

In IND, Rivers comes in replaces Jacoby Brissett forced into action because Andrew Luck retired late in TC.  They go 7-9. Colts with Luck in 2018 = 10-6 (after being 4-12 without Luck in 2017).  Now they are 10-4.  

So...by your own admission, the QB change/upgrade is THE PRIMARY factor here with regard to the respective fates of these two franchises.

Yet in Atlanta, we’re on the verge of going 4-12, and 18-30 for the 2nd time in the last 8 years.  And we want to lay the blame on Everybody But Matt Ryan.

Gotcha <stifles laugh since person I educated just proved my point without realizing they proved my point>...