QB and why we need a new one, PERIOD!

First let me say, I love Matt Ryan, he’s meant so much to this franchise and under the right scheme he can be amazing (see Shanny’s offense). However, Matt Ryan constantly holds the ball forcing unnecessary coverage sacks and basically throws a boneheaded pick nearly every game. Let’s take a look at the NFL today though and see what other teams are working with. 

Better QBs in the NFL than Matt Ryan:

The “vets”: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Tannehill

“Young guns”: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Murray

You could also make a case for guys like Carr and Watson but I left them out. This means as much as we want to deny it, Matt Ryan is NOT a top 10 QB anymore and we have arguably the best 2 WRs in the NFL on this team. Sure Koetter is horrible but at some point we have to realize the NFL is full of young talent and while other franchises are building their franchise QBs into vets we’re stuck with an aging team just making it harder and harder to compete at the level that these teams will be in the event we face them come playoff time. 

Matt Ryan - thank you for your service and thanks in advance for taking a new QB under your wing (since you’ll be on the team till 2022 due to your salary/cap hit), but it’s time to look to the future everyone. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank god this was posted.  I was afraid we'd have to wait until after Christmas to see Matt Ryan Thread #844,261.  

The “vets” with better coaches : Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Tannehill The “Young guns” with better coaches: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Murray   Th

All I want for Christmas is a merged QB thread 

7 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

First let me say, I love Matt Ryan, he’s meant so much to this franchise and under the right scheme he can be amazing (see Shanny’s offense). However, Matt Ryan constantly holds the ball forcing unnecessary coverage sacks and basically throws a boneheaded pick nearly every game. Let’s take a look at the NFL today though and see what other teams are working with. 

You could also make a case for guys like Carr and Watson but I left them out. This means as much as we want to deny it, Matt Ryan is NOT a top 10 QB anymore and we have arguably the best 2 WRs in the NFL on this team. Sure Koetter is horrible but at some point we have to realize the NFL is full of young talent and while other franchises are building their franchise QBs into vets we’re stuck with an aging team just making it harder and harder to compete at the level that these teams will be in the event we face them come playoff time. 

Matt Ryan - thank you for your service and thanks in advance for taking a new QB under your wing (since you’ll be on the team till 2022 due to your salary/cap hit), but it’s time to look to the future everyone. 

A case for David Carr? That is laughable. Carr can't hold Ryan's Jock. 

1 hour ago, jay1k2 said:

The “vets” with better coaches : Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Tannehill

The “Young guns” with better coaches: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Murray

The problem is the garbage coaching

Did he have great coaching in Super Bowl LI? What happened? Now insert anyone of those QB's into that situation. Would the same thing had happened? I think you answered your own question. 

The answer is Zack Wilson Justin Fields Trey Lance or whoever the new GMHC likes....Trask Jones other

The OP is dead on point.....but needs one amendment.

Trade JJ like TD should’ve done before he got his new contract. Take the value and run. Ridley is a #1 unlike some stated that his success was due to JJ being doubled. Lol Ridley gets open with JJ in street clothes on the sideline. 
It’s all about the future .....time to move on

6 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

Nope put brady on this team and watch him struggle more than ryan.

So a Bucs team that finished 7-9 as well last year while giving up 50 more points, and that same team now is 9-5 because they fixed the QB position while this one is 4-10 because it didn’t.

You’d rather have the guy who equaled last seasons loss total 13 games in, vs Brady?

This place man...😂

2 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Hahahaha

Lamar Jackson