Mock Draft Question

Knight of God

7 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Lazy reporting is my guess. Falcons have needed an Edge Rusher since John Abraham retired.  

There will be solid EDGE options round 3, similar to Alex Highsmith last year.  Sanders from Cincinnati, the three guys from Pitt, Quincy Roche and my dude Ronnie Perkins are all as good as the 1st round guys IMO.  

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Not on the board, but quite a few. I've seen like one or two with a QB, but mainly skipping Parsons, Rousseau, and a few others for Paye. 

Yeah, I don't get the Paye hype either.

As for Parsons, been hearing that he could be a dominant edge rusher if given the opportunity. Would he be perfect for a Joker LB/DE role in a multiple front defense?

Move him around like a chess piece. Would love to see blitzes with Parsons, Debo, and Foye. Maybe that'll get more out of Fowler.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, I don't get the Paye hype either.

As for Parsons, been hearing that he could be a dominant edge rusher if given the opportunity. Would he be perfect for a Joker LB/DE role in a multiple front defense?

Move him around like a chess piece. Would love to see blitzes with Parsons, Debo, and Foye. Maybe that'll get more out of Fowler.

Parsons I'm more like (???) on...I would take him though. Paye has 2 flippin sacks. Just 2...and when you watch him get sacks its underwhelming. I believe he'll run a 4.8 or so.

It's a bad year to have a top 10 pick and looking for a pass rusher.

None of these guys are worth it. Rousseau is the "best" of the bunch and he is more raw and reliant on his athletic ability than even Vic was coming out of college.  

We need to stay far far away early on.

I like Patrick Jones if he slips to our early pick in the 3rd round. (Still praying we swap to a 3-4 with our new DC)

10 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

It's a bad year to have a top 10 pick and looking for a pass rusher.

None of these guys are worth it. Rousseau is the "best" of the bunch and he is more raw and reliant on his athletic ability than even Vic was coming out of college.  

We need to stay far far away early on.

I like Patrick Jones if he slips to our early pick in the 3rd round. (Still praying we swap to a 3-4 with our new DC)

Still have to take a chance on those guys like Rousseau.

Those raw Aldon Smith/Danielle Hunter type guys who need some developing coming into the NFL. If you hit on these types of players, then you can completely transform your defense.

It all depends on who will be on the next coaching staff to coach up these guys and know how to showcase them.

11 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I have seen some mocks that have us taking a WR.  Chase I think?  Even the lazy *** sports reporters figure we  will screw this up and draft WR.  

Watching Julio, Ridley & Chase with a competent OC and Najee Harris or Javonte Williams would be exciting af.  Would win 44-34 but I’d be entertained...lol

I guess I'm old school, but if you draft top ten, and the future QB is there, you take them.  Schemes correctly, pressure and sacks are manufactured.  Our track record for drafting anything that looks capable of single handedly pressuring the QB is at best suspect.  At best.  But, we've done ok in the drafting of QBs.  

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

I guess I'm old school, but if you draft top ten, and the future QB is there, you take them.  Schemes correctly, pressure and sacks are manufactured.  Our track record for drafting anything that looks capable of single handedly pressuring the QB is at best suspect.  At best.  But, we've done ok in the drafting of QBs.  

You do know that GM is gone, right?

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Watching Julio, Ridley & Chase with a competent OC and Najee Harris or Javonte Williams would be exciting af.  Would win 44-34 but I’d be entertained...lol

If you can't stop them, out run them.  Until I see a GM and Coach, I hate to even hazard a guess.  Old school as I am, I am beat player available at this point.  And being old school, if you pick top 5, you usually go QB.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Still have to take a chance on those guys like Rousseau.

Those raw Aldon Smith/Danielle Hunter type guys who need some developing coming into the NFL. If you hit on these types of players, then you can completely transform your defense.

It all depends on who will be on the next coaching staff to coach up theses guys.

Danielle Hunter was a 3rd round pick. That's where I would look to take those risks. After the 1st.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You do know that GM is gone, right?

Yes.  But if I am interviewing for this slot, I'd have torn this team apart on paper and send what lies ahead.  That's what I meant.  Typing on a phone is slow, my mind works faster than my hands, and perhaps my wording was skewed.  But, I meant that any POTENTIAL candidate will have already broken down this team, had a scheme or style he favors and would then look at HC candidates.  You cannot walk into an interview at that level and not be prepared.

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Why on earth do so many mocks have us taking Kwity Paye??? He really doesnt look like much on tape. Someone help me to understand. 

I’ve noticed that too. I don’t see anything special about this guy but I’ve seen his name on at least 6 mock drafts so far. I even went to YouTube to get a better in-depth look at him. Dude seems so plain Jane to me. I don’t see any DEs coming out this year worth a top ten pick. 

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Danielle Hunter was a 3rd round pick. That's where I would look to take those risks. After the 1st.

I was talking as in more of tall, lengthy, and raw with much potential.

The reason why Danielle Hunter made it to the 3rd round of the draft was because he didn't produce much at LSU.

Rousseau had an outstanding 19' season with Miami despite being a raw edge rusher.

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I was talking as in more of tall, lengthy, and raw with much potential.

The reason why Danielle Hunter made it to the 3rd round of the draft was because he didn't produce much at LSU.

Rousseau had an outstanding 19' season with Miami despite being a raw edge rusher.

I get what you are saying, I just don't want us to go that route. The pass rushers to me in this draft that have 1st round grades (Currently) don't wow me at all.

1 year of production + Raw Pass rusher = Bad time in Atlanta

22 minutes ago, Jesus said:

His name sounds dirty.

To be fair 2 sacks on the edge fits in with this team.

If we are looking to add pass rush early, we should target Grady’s clone.  He will be day 1, impact defensive player with better pass rush potential than Grady.  We’d be undersized, but a competent DC would make it work with Grady and Twyman up the middle.  The A gap pressure would be constant