Re: We will Not Draft A QB With Our 1ST Pick- The Delusional Fans Fantasy

stingbee

Let me spell it out- Matt Ryan’s contract will not allow this team move forward with another QB- Dead Money and Cap hit to the other team.  The new GM/Coach will add other pieces to fix the team. Dirk is gone so we will have another OC.

I don’t see us keeping our draft position- we will move back to get more draft picks. This way you can easily go and fix the defense, the running game.

Safety, Edge Rusher, CB, RB, OL, are the most important pieces that need help. Linebacker position is sold and they have to decide with Neal’s situation. They can quickly build a solid team with a solid draft.

Both Julio and Matt are going to be here, but Julio could be traded if the trade makes sense. But, once again, Julio will have a full year to recover from this nagging hamstring issues and he is a relentless professional.  They will build this team with draft picks. They maybe able to pick two more picks if Morris ends up coaching somewhere else. 

So, stop salivating for a QB because the Falcons need to fix the defense, and Matty’s contract will not allow the team forward- it is way too costly. The Falcons will ride with Matty for atleast another 2 years. Some of you cannot see the big picture and what the cost will be to move forward from Matt Ryan. The new GM/Coach will work around the talent that we have and build the team. It is all about schemes, playbook, playcalling, and a new mindset. Matt Ryan is not the problem- he needs a solid RB game and OL with good run blocking techniques and passing protection. 

Edited by stingbee

51 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Let me spell it out- Matt Ryan’s contract will not allow this team move forward with another QB- Dead Money and Cap hit to the other team.  The new GM/Coach will add other pieces to fix the team. Dirk is gone so we will have another OC.

I don’t see us keeping our draft position- we will move back to get more draft picks. This way you can easily go and fix the defense, the running game.

Safety, Edge Rusher, CB, RB, OL, are the most important pieces that need help. Linebacker position is sold and they have to decide with Neal’s situation. They can quickly build a solid team with a solid draft.

Both Julio and Matt are going to be here, but Julio could be traded if the trade makes sense. But, once again, Julio will have a full year to recover from this nagging hamstring issues and he is a relentless professional.  They will build this team with draft picks. They maybe able to pick two more picks if Morris ends up coaching somewhere else. 

So, stop salivating for a QB because the Falcons need to fix the defense, and Matty’s contract will not allow the team forward- it is way too costly. The Falcons will ride with Matty for atleast another 2 years. Some of you cannot see the big picture and what the cost will be to move forward from Matt Ryan. The new GM/Coach will work around the talent that we have and build the team. It is all about schemes, playbook, playcalling, and a new mindset. Matt Ryan is not the problem- he needs a solid RB game and OL with good run blocking techniques and passing protection. 

Matt's finished bro... He was a good not great quarterback who lucked up with an outstanding offensive coordinator ( Kyle shanahan ) who led him to win an MVP award ianf a super bowl trip.. the sooner you guys let this go the better you'll feel.... But the Matt Ryan era is coming to a close....

51 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Matt is dead weight at this point, and Julio can't get on the field. However you wish to interpret that, it translates to more losing. What do you think that new players and coaches are going to unleash Matt's inner Tom Brady inside of him? He is a decent qb at best. His SB years are way passed (if he even had them)... It is time to start a new era of Falcons football. Ryan ain't part of that. The new coaches and GM know that as well. 

He needs a good rb, good run blocking, good pass protection and good coaching?

But he cant lose any playmakers or that will be the excuse.

what about defense? Or we gonna keep that one in the back pocket when he still fails with all of the above?

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Lmfao I love the narrative that just because we draft a QB, it means we are releasing/trading Ryan. These two are not mutually exclusive. I’m all for drafting a QB and letting him sit and season a bit. Especially with our potential new HC coming from a program/scheme where the skill set they require their QB is different than Ryan’s.

I believe in the right system Ryan can serviceable in a game manager type of role, but he shouldn’t be throwing 40 plus times a game, every game.

Looking at the top three coaching candidates (Bieniemy, Smith, & Daboll) you can see which type of QB archetype they are used to working with, and looking for. All three starting QBs for these teams are athletically gifted and mobile.

Pretty much everyone loves Ryan. However it’s time to realize that his physical traits are regressing. We need to place him in a system that utilized his skill set as it is now. We also must not wait to draft his replacement.

I believe Ryan has about 2 years left of relatively the same level of play physically. Draft a QB prospect that is athletically gifted that will be Ryan’s apprentice for a season, or two. Let him learn from Ryan and absorb his knowledge.

1 hour ago, stingbee said:

Sorry you are not Nostradamus, we could easily draft a QB in the 1st like Kansas City did and let him sit under Ryan for a year or two.  If the new coaching staff see's the perfect fit for their system it's a perfect time to get their guy.  Why would a New GM and coach try to build a system around a 36 year QB who has already been in 4 different offenses when they can get their guy?  

1 minute ago, insight said:

Sorry you are not Nostradamus, we could easily draft a QB in the 1st like Kansas City did and let him sit under Ryan for a year or two.  If the new coaching staff see's the perfect fit for their system it's a perfect time to get their guy.  Why would a New GM and coach try to build a system around a 36 year QB who has already been in 4 different offenses when they can get their guy?  

You are wasting your breath with logical, coherent and cogent thoughts about Ryan and his role on the team for the next two years. They still think he has three SB runs left in him. Hilarious... 

1 hour ago, stingbee said:

I like this guy 

5 hours ago, stingbee said:

Ryan doesn't have to go anywhere. He can stay right here and the Falcons make plans with a young QB of the future. 

Could your scenarios happen, yes. Could the one I'm talking about happen. Yes. 

A new coach/GM could say well, we can't move him, but we draft a new QB in round 1.  That guy could sit behind Ryan until the coach deem he is ready to start learning on the job. #4, 5 or 6 gets 4,5 or 6 money regardless of his position. It still benefits your time table to be a competitive team again the sooner you get your QB of the future and have him start gaining experience.

The Falcons are not going anywhere in 2020. That writing was on the wall 3 games in. 2021 will be no better. This notion that there is "hope for the new season" is FALSE with this bunch. The quicker we move full steam ahead, the quicker we get there. I can't promise it will be 2,4,5 years from now, it may be another 18 years, but what we are doing right now with this bunch is not it. 

Edited by isproab

Totally agree, we won't pick a QB, at least not first.

We will not win more than 7 games, probably will only win 4-5 next year because our quarterback is significantly less agile and less accurate than last year.  And that hurts a lot of feelings.  

But his contract is our handcuffs.  

We need 2 starting Safety, we need 1 starting CB, we need a pass rusher, we need 2 running backs, we need 2 tight ends, we probably need a guard, it's a long list.  We need a quarterback most of all but we won't be able to get one until Ryan is finished walking out the next couple seasons.  

Plus it would be a devastating blow to pick a top 5 QB and make them watch Grampa Turtle show 'em how it's done.

If one of the top 3 QBs is available at 4 that’s the way we’d go. You’d have to believe one of Fields or Wilson would be there at that spot. Cincy is gonna be in a great trade down spot at 3 though. If we end up picking 4th or 5th I could actually see us doing a trade up to 3 if the QB we want is there. 

8 hours ago, Sponge said:

Trade down to 20 and draft Etienne then spend the bounty of picks all on defense.

And still have a high pick next year. It's time to start building for the future. QB is a deep position in this draft. Skip over one this year, and still suck without many choices next season.

Hindsight is good, but Foresight is better.

Without privy to who our GM and OC are, I just don't have any idea who they will look at.  My guess is that any potential GM has already looked at our team and it's weaknesses/strengths and is formulating a plan.  Then, he'll hire a HC based on that.  Obviously, we need help and we are probably more than a year away.  But, getting a run game together and slotting in some solid defenders we can be competant quickly.  

Tl/dr.  Wait for the new GM.

12 hours ago, stingbee said:

Not saying they should or shouldn’t draft a QB, but the part on Ryan’s contract being unmovable is simply inaccurate.  If designated post 6/1 next year as a trade, you can see it leaves ATL with 103 million in cap space to build around a new QB if that’s the route they want to go

4r670l.jpg

I'm in the minority, but I think we can still win with Matt Ryan.  He needs a check down receiver (get out of jail) and a competent run game.  It's a formula that worked for a rookie Matt Ryan and would work now that he is a bit older and beat up.  This season he looked rattled, and he probably is.  I think he has two good seasons and one holding a clipboard for the Falcons.  After that, he retires with dignity as the best QB in Falcons History.  

11 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Matt's finished bro... He was a good not great quarterback who lucked up with an outstanding offensive coordinator ( Kyle shanahan ) who led him to win an MVP award ianf a super bowl trip.. the sooner you guys let this go the better you'll feel.... But the Matt Ryan era is coming to a close....

LOL