If the Falcons finish 4-12 do you think that they will trade up for Trevor Lawrence?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How can Lawrence give the Falcons the best chance to win a SB when he's yet to even prove he can win an NFL game?

And are we sticking him with a clown at OC, no run game, and a defense that gives up 30 points??

I dunno. After two divorces I finally figured out that I was absolutely no good at reading minds or telling the future. 😅

11 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

why do you think that. you really think the jets will pass on a qb thats a bold *** prediction lmao if they do that the draft will be crazy

Darnold was the 3rd pick not too long ago. The gap between Lawrence and Fields is significant. New coach and staff might opt to go with the sure fire OT to protect Darnold at 2 now that Lawrence is off the table (barring the Jags winning a game)

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Darnold was the 3rd pick not too long ago. The gap between Lawrence and Fields is significant. New coach and staff might opt to go with the sure fire OT to protect Darnold at 2 now that Lawrence is off the table (barring the Jags winning a game)

Then that means that Carolina gets Fields. 

It'd probably take a lot but I think Lawrence is one that could start Day 1 for our offense, even with our current OL and keep opposing defenses having to keep an extra 'spy' player on him (thus hugely opening up our passing game).  Make a blockbuster trade to get him, maybe can draft a good RB with our second round pick.  He can carry this club with his legs and he's got a great arm and he's a LOCAL product as well!  Win, Win and Win some more but I know I'm just dreaming. 

I'm not sure Lawrence is going to be the best next year.  He'll be good and get better fast.  But at Clemson he's got the best receivers, top 2 running back, best O line, about the best tight end.  And he is really good, but it's hard to know objectively until the playing field evens in the NFL.  With our lack of RB, complete disregard for TE play it will be a challenge to adapt.  

Plus, if Lawrence has to sit on the bench and watch Ryan rack up 6-7 losses before he takes a pro snap he'll be dying to trade out.  We would waste his rookie year and he'd know it.

Same with Fields.  No way he'd be OK watching Ryan tank for draft position next season.  

So I'd rather look at a guy like Mac Jones or Sam Ehlinger who won't object so strongly to sitting on the pine for a season or 2 until Ryan is done losing games with his planted feet waiting for Julio to get open.  

5 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I'm not sure Lawrence is going to be the best next year.  He'll be good and get better fast.  But at Clemson he's got the best receivers, top 2 running back, best O line, about the best tight end.  And he is really good, but it's hard to know objectively until the playing field evens in the NFL.  With our lack of RB, complete disregard for TE play it will be a challenge to adapt.  

Plus, if Lawrence has to sit on the bench and watch Ryan rack up 6-7 losses before he takes a pro snap he'll be dying to trade out.  We would waste his rookie year and he'd know it.

Same with Fields.  No way he'd be OK watching Ryan tank for draft position next season.  

So I'd rather look at a guy like Mac Jones or Sam Ehlinger who won't object so strongly to sitting on the pine for a season or 2 until Ryan is done losing games with his planted feet waiting for Julio to get open.  

Man please this the ******* nfl you getting drafted not courted if the coach or GM say you sitting you’re sitting you have no power once you’re drafted.

11 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Man please this the ******* nfl you getting drafted not courted if the coach or GM say you sitting you’re sitting you have no power once you’re drafted.

Trades still happen, obviously off season.  And the Falcons are economically locked out of being competitive for a handful of reasons.  So I'm saying if we draft a guy like Fields or Lawrence (and I don't believe we will pick a QB early), that kid will sit and do nothing and be worth more in Trade.  I'm not saying he gets to pick where he goes.  I'm saying he'll have an agent that will know what to do.  

18 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

They won't, and he's going to languish into obscurity with the Jets. 

If the Jets are smart and hire either Daboll or Arthur Smith, they have a chance.  They need to draft Lawrence and then use their second 1st round pick and 2nd round pick to move up for Jamaar Chase.  They have the draft capital to change their franchise this year

4 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

They could all have terrible careers. They could all end up being 1st ballot HOFers.  Top 5 picks don’t come around often.  I would take a chance on any of them.  

I remember watching tape of Andrew Luck and RG3 and being in awe of their potential. They were sure bets then and Ryan has outlasted them. So no one ever knows, but I agree, let's roll the dice.. What do we have to lose.

42 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Trades still happen, obviously off season.  And the Falcons are economically locked out of being competitive for a handful of reasons.  So I'm saying if we draft a guy like Fields or Lawrence (and I don't believe we will pick a QB early), that kid will sit and do nothing and be worth more in Trade.  I'm not saying he gets to pick where he goes.  I'm saying he'll have an agent that will know what to do.  

No he won’t, you’re hanging on to something that’s not even common like that. 

NO!!!!!!!!  For the humpteen dozenth time, Falcons need more than a qb. When will the message sink in? My guess is that it won't until draft day when a defensive player gets picked first and a prime rb second.

And please stop with the Fields crap. Everybody got pissy cause he left uga, well how many championships has he won? 

6 minutes ago, Williamb said:

NO!!!!!!!!  For the humpteen dozenth time, Falcons need more than a qb. When will the message sink in? My guess is that it won't until draft day when a defensive player gets picked first and a prime rb second.

A college QB who can run is all it takes to get everyone hyped.  There are graveyards of potential great QBs littering the landscape.  What makes a great QB is the ability to translate his vision and intelligence into a split second decision.  For me, trading up for Lawrence would be mistake.  I'd rather keep the picks, see who drops and go from there.  

16 hours ago, gtech1 said:

If we pick 4th one of them has to be there.:ninja:

Yeah, I agree. We may not be 4th. But if we are we could maybe trade DOWN a few slots, get another 1st rounder, and STILL get one of the big 4-5 QBs. 

I just don't think trading up for the Lawrence pick makes sense. As good as he is, he's not a 1-man show like Vick. He needs more talent around him. And "distributing the ball", yet STILL being able to take the game in his own hands is what makes him great. But you don't beat up a 10-15 year franchise guy like Lawrence by not getting him talent, and having him run 5-10 times a game. That's how the Panthers ruined Newton's career.