Can’t do anything but laugh

Yeah this team is at such a low when you consider “what could’ve been”. They were on cusp of greatness up until 4th qtr of LI only to sloooowly and painfuuully.....in a way you could only imagine in books/movies built for high drama....to finally, after several years of continued failure, realize it was a total aberration,  a sham, a faulty belief bc this team was riding the back of one good offensive coordinator yet was all along deeply flawed both systemically and personnel wise.  This org is flawed at the exec leadership level and this town is just five years more disgusted to add to the previous 45+ wretched years of this franchises continuous rebuild. Gotta hand it to AB.....he bought the “continuity” garbage along w the lie that was 6-2 last season......so......on we go......into the jaws of our future as perennial jokes of this league.  In the words of Terry Bradshaw today....”poor flacons”....he should’ve included “fans” in that.  One positive though....we got rid of those joke *** black onesies today and at least dressed like real men even if we didn’t play like it.  

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Whoever runs this account is a goat

I didn't even watch the game....I saw we were up 17-0.....I just finished working....I came here to see who showed out.....I ...literally dont even know the score....but all I see are doom and gloom threads.....are you telling me we blew that ****....to Tom Brady again.....WTH!!!

19 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Poor, hapless, Atlanta Falcons.  Blessed with the best facilities in football, and a team that continuously folds like a cheap card table.  

It's in our DNA. Sad thing is even with new coaches, new gm, new players...We will still have some players on the roster that went through all those painful choke jobs. This stuff won't go away anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

We need a compete reset. The blown lead thing is definitely in their heads. How could it not be? 28-3 broke this core. Clean house. 

Ya know, i was a doubter that 28-3 broke this team but looking at the past few years I'm starting to believe it. 

I'm convinced that its a culturally inherited mindset. Like, how your whole temperament changes when you walk into a courtroom, hospital, church or beach resort. Where you are, generally dictates how you act. It's going to take a complete clean-out and culture change. Kyle Shanahan was a glimpse of this. He had an "all business" attitude and was not "fun". He was vilified in his 1st season because nobody wanted to be serious about football all the time and nobody wanted to believe that his schemes would pay off.

"Year 2 Kyle" was a monster. He didn't GAF about being anybody's buddy and was dialing up plays that set up other plays that wouldn't be run for 2-3 possessions later. He is a genius and we ran him off.

What's my point?

Folks get to Atlanta and there is absolutely nothing that covers them with the desire to be champions. Its a good paying job. Winning programs have an aura that you feel. Even in their losing years, you still feel a sense of responsibility to either uphold or return to the winning tradition. That doesn't exist here. I would go so far as to say the The Braves have such an aura. The Falcons need to get out of their own way. Hire a GM and HC that mean business. Give them the time to build this franchise up from the inside out and not be so enamored with what the fans think. No be so concerned with making players "Falcons For Life" and not GAF about trends. Concentrate on ATLANTA and create ATLANTA football.

4 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I'm convinced that its a culturally inherited mindset. Like, how your whole temperament changes when you walk into a courtroom, hospital, church or beach resort. Where you are, generally dictates how you act. It's going to take a complete clean-out and culture change. Kyle Shanahan was a glimpse of this. He had an "all business" attitude and was not "fun". He was vilified in his 1st season because nobody wanted to be serious about football all the time and nobody wanted to believe that his schemes would pay off.

"Year 2 Kyle" was a monster. He didn't GAF about being anybody's buddy and was dialing up plays that set up other plays that wouldn't be run for 2-3 possessions later. He is a genius and we ran him off.

What's my point?

Folks get to Atlanta and there is absolutely nothing that covers them with the desire to be champions. Its a good paying job. Winning programs have an aura that you feel. Even in their losing years, you still feel a sense of responsibility to either uphold or return to the winning tradition. That doesn't exist here. I would go so far as to say the The Braves have such an aura. The Falcons need to get out of their own way. Hire a GM and HC that mean business. Give them the time to build this franchise up from the inside out and not be so enamored with what the fans think. No be so concerned with making players "Falcons For Life" and not GAF about trends. Concentrate on ATLANTA and create ATLANTA football.

I was actually just thinking about why FAs come here and then suddenly fall off the map and this explanation totally makes sense. FAs come here and just flop because “it’s a good paying job” with zero accountability. Folks wanna say Fowler was playing beside Donald - well Grady is here and Fowler ain’t done ish. Grady is a teir below donald but he is still no slouch! I agree, there has to be an entire culture reset and that may not sit well with some of the core vets but oh well. 

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

I was actually just thinking about why FAs come here and then suddenly fall off the map and this explanation totally makes sense. FAs come here and just flop because “it’s a good paying job” with zero accountability. Folks wanna say Fowler was playing beside Donald - well Grady is here and Fowler ain’t done ish. Grady is a teir below donald but he is still no slouch! I agree, there has to be an entire culture reset and that may not sit well with some of the core vets but oh well. 

Precisely! How many "top tier" free agents have come her and just mailed it in? A lot!! So much so, that the ones who don't, stick out like a hematoma. Dwight Freeney, Tony Gonzales, John Abraham, Michael Turner and Alex Mack are few examples.

This is the equivalent of of landing a gig at General Motors or the post office in the 80s.

42 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

What's my point?

Been saying this for years. Sad organization and I’m gonna give em this offseason and if I don’t like what I see I’m packing it up after 20 years. Lots of good football being played on Sunday’s around the league. Lol que ppl with like 3 ex wives calling me a quitter for giving up on this franchise but who cares. 

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

What's my point?

In a nutshell, poor culture.  And you are totally correct.  

30 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Been saying this for years. Sad organization and I’m gonna give em this offseason and if I don’t like what I see I’m packing it up after 20 years. Lots of good football being played on Sunday’s around the league. Lol que ppl with like 3 ex wives calling me a quitter for giving up on this franchise but who cares. 

In all honesty, my first love was soccer growing up.  And let's face it, entertainment money is never enough to indulge every interest a d frankly, Atlanta United are **** entertaining!  I haven't spent money on any Falcon related merchandise in at least five years.  And, frankly, I don't watch more than 10 percent of the football I used to.  A lot more time on Sundays.