Tanking for Trevor? That BS is so so real!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elway didnt win Superbowl one until he got a run game.

We cant get him even if we lose out

what is trevor gonna do when the defense gives up 31 pts in 2 qtrs? 

Posted Images

I don't ever want to hear tanking and draft position don't matter. You better believe the Giants wish they would have lost the game they won against WAS last year so they'd have Chase Young instead of an underwhelming left tackle.

Fields doesn't even look remotely close to Lawrence's level and may drop to QB3 by the time the combine hits.

Jets fans have to be sick.

1 hour ago, Slumerican said:

You cant still be good with Ryan at this point.. Guy has no idea how to win a game.. Some is on our coaching staff, but Ryan is just as much at fault 

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

Don't waste your breath with these knuckleheads. They think Ryan has three SB's left in him. Hilarious.... 

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

We had a D that couldn’t hold a 28-3 lead and an OC that refused to run the ball three times, make NE use all their time outs, kick a field goal and go up by 11 leaving NE down a TD, 2 pt conversion and field goal with less than two minutes to go and no timeouts. I blame Matt Ryan for that 100% /purple

Water is wet.

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

Id take Jones or Trask before Lawrence or Fields

I'm gonna go on record right now and say it, Mac Jones will have the best NFL career of any QB in this draft. Mac Jones reminds me of Troy Aikman. Aikman wasn't the greatest most talented QB ever assembled but he used the weapons around him the best and that is what Mac does. Mac isn't the most talented and physically gifted QB ever but he uses the talent he has to their full potential. I'd gladly take him in the 2nd round and let Matt groom him.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm gonna go on record right now and say it, Mac Jones will have the best NFL career of any QB in this draft. Mac Jones reminds me of Troy Aikman. Aikman wasn't the greatest most talented QB ever assembled but he used the weapons around him the best and that is what Mac does. Mac isn't the most talented and physically gifted QB ever but he uses the talent he has to their full potential. I'd gladly take him in the 2nd round and let Matt groom him.

It’s hard not to like Jones. He may very well end up being the best bargain/value in this QB class

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

And he didnt win ONE without a run game, I dont care if you make it to 15 superbowls, if you dont win you are worse off than a losing team...because you pick 2nd to last and have nothing to show for it.

We didn't win because we didn't run the ball, there is a difference.  Elway would have called a run play even if pass was originally called. Big difference between Ryan and Elway let's not pretend they are in the same class. 

8 minutes ago, insight said:

We didn't win because we didn't run the ball, there is a difference.  Elway would have called a run play even if pass was originally called. Big difference between Ryan and Elway let's not pretend they are in the same class. 

To a point I agree with you. Several months ago I started a thread in here and was taking your position. However, about the same time I started that thread taking the same position you are taking now, I heard David Archer discussing this very situation on the radio one afternoon with Matt Ryan. They discussed it for about 15 minutes and both ultimately just kinda laughed at the end of the segment/discussion and said that’s just not how it’s done in the NFL. I will take their opinion on this. I would have thought it would be different. However, after hearing two NFL quarterbacks spend 15 minutes explaining why that’s really not an option, I realize that they know more about this than I ever will and that I was wrong for blaming Matt for not calling an audible. You can accept that or not but I trust their opinion on this over mine or yours. Case closed. 

19 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I know how dumb it sounds and to a point I agree with you.  However, when I heard David Archer spend 15 minutes discussing this very situation on the radio one afternoon with Matt Ryan they ultimately just kinda laughed and said that’s just not how it’s done in the NFL. I will take their opinion on this. Case closed. 

I think what he was referring to was him not calling his own plays... Not checking off at the line of scrimmage. That is a totally separate thing altogether. 

3 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

I think what he was referring to was him not calling his own plays... Not checking off at the line of scrimmage. That is a totally separate thing altogether. 

The discussion I heard on the radio between Archer and Matt was that the QB has a play called and may have one or two things that he can check out of at the line. But he cannot just go up there and change the play altogether. Shanty had called for pass. Matt was not given a run option. 

3 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

The discussion I heard on the radio between Archer and Matt was that the QB has a play called and may have one or two things that he can check out of at the line. But he cannot just go up there and change the play altogether. Shanty had called for pass. Matt was not given a run option. 

Well Ryan should've checked off the one or two things when he got up to the line. Had he... we would have won the game. I know it, you know it, Ryan knows it, the whole dam world knows it. 

Just now, joeyg2033 said:

Well Ryan should've checked off the one or two things when he got up to the line. Had he... we would have won the game. I know it, you know it, Ryan knows it, the whole dam world knows it. 

I agree completely. What I’m telling you is that straight from the mouth of two NFL quarterbacks he did not have that option available to him and just totally changing plays is just not done at the NFL level. I thought then what you think now. I found out I was wrong. 

3 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

How do you go 17-0 into the half and loose 31-27?  Thats the kinda thing that makes you say Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

You think blowing a big lead is an undeniable sign we have to be tanking for Trevor?

So I guess we were tanking for Trevor early in the season against Dallas and Chicago? Maybe we were looking to the future by perfecting the art of  tanking for Trevor back during 28-3.

We're not tanking for Trevor. We're just being the Falcons. 

This is what we do.

3 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I agree completely. What I’m telling you is that straight from the mouth of two NFL quarterbacks he did not have that option available to him and just totally changing plays is just not done at the NFL level. I thought then what you think now. I found out I was wrong. 

So if it was 3rd and one, and they Pat's were rushing only one guy, and Shanny was calling pass... then Ryan can't check off and hand the ball to Freeman? 

I call bull****e on that... All...... Day..... Long. 

Just now, joeyg2033 said:

So if it was 3rd and one, and they Pat's were rushing only one guy, and Shanny was calling pass... then Ryan can't check off and hand the ball to Freeman? 

I call bull****e on that... All...... Day..... Long. 

That was my exact logic as well my friend but apparently I was very much wrong.