Jump to content

Tanking for Trevor? That BS is so so real!


lostnmexico
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, etherdome said:

We don’t need Lawrence.  We need a food coaching staff.

I wish Lawrence a great career.  He reminds me of John Elway, but he not the answer to our problems.

You cant still be good with Ryan at this point.. Guy has no idea how to win a game.. Some is on our coaching staff, but Ryan is just as much at fault 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Did we have a running game when we lost the SB? 

We had a D that couldn’t hold a 28-3 lead and an OC that refused to run the ball three times, make NE use all their time outs, kick a field goal and go up by 11 leaving NE down a TD, 2 pt conversion and field goal with less than two minutes to go and no timeouts. I blame Matt Ryan for that 100% /purple

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, marvinthemartian said:

We had a D that couldn’t hold a 28-3 lead and an OC that refused to run the ball three times, make NE use all their time outs, kick a field goal and go up by 11 leaving NE down a TD, 2 pt conversion and field goal with less than two minutes to go and no timeouts. I blame Matt Ryan for that 100% /purple

Why couldn't Ryan call an audible, take a knee, and kick a field goal to ice the game before he took an inexcusable sack? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

You cant still be good with Ryan at this point.. Guy has no idea how to win a game.. Some is on our coaching staff, but Ryan is just as much at fault 

I dont know what game youre watching but no QB can win when your defense gives up 30 points a game. but go on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

We have had this discussion before. His OC called the play and his HC did not overrule it. QBs don’t have the autonomy to do that. 

Oh, so the league mvp has absolutely no latitude to change the play at the line of scrimmage? Do you know dumb that actually sounds?

Blitz showing? No check off... Cover two showing? No check off... Man to man coverage? No check off... 

Please tell me you're pulling my leg and can't possibly be as dumb as you sound... 

Edited by joeyg2033
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Oh, so the league mvp has absolutely no latitude to change the play at the line of scrimmage? Do you know dumb that actually sounds?

Blitz showing? No check off... Cover two showing? No check off... Man to man coverage? No check off... 

Please tell me you're pulling my leg and can't possibly be as dumb as you sound... 

I know how dumb it sounds and to a point I agree with you. Several months ago I started a thread in here and was taking your position. However, about the same time I started that thread taking the same position you are taking now, I heard David Archer discussing this very situation on the radio one afternoon with Matt Ryan. They discussed it for about 15 minutes and both ultimately just kinda laughed at the end of the segment/discussion and said that’s just not how it’s done in the NFL. I will take their opinion on this. I would have thought it would be different. However, after hearing two NFL quarterbacks spend 15 minutes explaining why that’s really not an option, I realize that they know more about this than I ever will and that I was wrong for blaming Matt for not calling an audible. You can accept that or not but I trust their opinion on this over mine or yours. Case closed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

I dont know what game youre watching but no QB can win when your defense gives up 30 points a game. but go on. 

Really?? You ever consider if our offense could take control of a game our defense wouldn't have to win a game for the team.. Yeah, you're right.. Nothing is wrong with our offense and coaching, its just the defense hates the team and tanks every game.. Makes sense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Oh, so the league mvp has absolutely no latitude to change the play at the line of scrimmage? Do you know dumb that actually sounds?

Blitz showing? No check off... Cover two showing? No check off... Man to man coverage? No check off... 

Please tell me you're pulling my leg and can't possibly be as dumb as you sound... 

This very post should be a sticky at the top of this forum.. Maybe all the homers and delusional fans will finally understand why we keep having losing season year after year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

This very post should be a sticky at the top of this forum.. Maybe all the homers and delusional fans will finally understand why we keep having losing season year after year 

Per David Archer and Matt Ryan’s 15 minute on air discussion of this exact subject, it simply doesn’t happen that way in the NFL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...