4-10....how high will the draft pick go?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TD TD TD FG TD Need new QB!

I don't want to "build around Matt Ryan" anymore.  We have been doing that for 10 years.   Matt will be 36yrs old next year.  His out passes are starting to float a little - we saw it last week and we

is #4 our ceiling? need to draft a killer at QB - not someone looking to fall down w/ the game on the line.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Surtain would be a nice pick. I don't think anyone would be mad about that. Him and Terrell together would have the potential to be the best CB duo in the league in 2 years. Parsons on the other hand is the last thing we need. Another off ball LB as if we don't have 3 young ones playing well already. 

God forbid we get so strong at LBer we have to change our scheme to a 3-4........:ninja:

44 minutes ago, Vandy said:

God forbid we get so strong at LBer we have to change our scheme to a 3-4........:ninja:

If there is one spot where Falcons are strong......it's Linebacker.

I agree w/ you that Parsons is a beast - wanted him bad for my Dawgs - he is a killa.....and I am almost always for just taking the best player - but if there is an equal player at a more need position - like a Surtain - then that is who we are taking.

To me, the top players in top 10 are Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Patrick Surtain and yes....Micah Parsons.   I wouldn't hat the pick - but it would surprise me.

36 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If there is one spot where Falcons are strong......it's Linebacker.

I agree w/ you that Parsons is a beast - wanted him bad for my Dawgs - he is a killa.....and I am almost always for just taking the best player - but if there is an equal player at a more need position - like a Surtain - then that is who we are taking.

To me, the top players in top 10 are Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Patrick Surtain and yes....Micah Parsons.   I wouldn't hat the pick - but it would surprise me.

I would probably go surtain > Parsons, based on what little I know. But if we end up with either, I’m a happy camper.

If fields fell to 4, I’d be tempted. But I seriously doubt he’ll be there, and I’m not on the Wilson/Lance train.

Fixing the coaching staff is actually more important than this pick.

Anyway...Go surtain/Parsons/Rousseau at 4, grab one of the 3 stud RBs in Rd 2, and we’ve got an interesting team again.

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I would probably go surtain > Parsons, based on what little I know. But if we end up with either, I’m a happy camper.

Grab a RB in Rd 2, and we’ve got an interesting team again.

I am not sure about taking a corner in round 1 again because I think by the large part our corners have played well for most of the year.

Most of the damage has been done onside and could have been contained more with better safety play.

If we can get a guy like Simmons in FA to be that true FS then that will open up the draft for us alot 

Right now IMO the  toplist of needs are FS,Edge rusher ( interchangeably) and RB.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Well we all know the issue there isn’t getting the LB depth. It’s getting the NT. Just for fun though let’s game this out. 

We run Jarret and Davidson out at DE Draft a NT and run Fowler Foye Jones and Walker at LB. 

I’d worry a bit about how that DLine would actually function but enough of the bones are there that we could attempt the transition. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

That would make it more acceptable for sure but at the same time nothing he has done would indicate he will be a good 3-4 OLB. Go look at all his pressures and sacks. Its blitzes untouched from up the middle on a delayed blitz or stunt similar to how Deion Jones gets his. He is not outside beating guys with pass rush moves.

18 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

You just hurt a lot of people's feelings in here. And that's not nice.

Didn't you know? That's not all Matt's fault... All he needs is a competent O-line, competent tight end, competent OC, stronger arm, more mobility, better decision making. Then we'll be headed back to the Super Bowl.... Hahahahaha. 

For the second week in a row Matt throws a 55 yard pass and folks still say he needs a stronger arm lmao

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

That would make it more acceptable for sure but at the same time nothing he has done would indicate he will be a good 3-4 OLB. Go look at all his pressures and sacks. Its blitzes untouched from up the middle on a delayed blitz or stunt similar to how Deion Jones gets his. He is not outside beating guys with pass rush moves.

I would put him inside and move Debo outside.

1 minute ago, The Smart One said:

Well we all know the issue there isn’t getting the LB depth. It’s getting the NT. Just for fun though let’s game this out. 

We run Jarret and Davidson out at DE Draft a NT and run Fowler Foye Jones and Walker at LB. 

I’d worry a bit about how that DLine would actually function but enough of the bones are there that we could attempt the transition. 

You make some good points. I sure wanted dexter Lawrence a couple years ago.<sigh>

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I am not sure about taking a corner in round 1 again because I think by the large part our corners have played well for most of the year.

Most of the damage has been done onside and could have been contained more with better safety play.

If we can get a guy like Simmons in FA to be that true FS then that will open up the draft for us alot 

Right now IMO the  toplist of needs are FS,Edge rusher ( interchangeably) and RB.

I hear you. Yet all these multiple threads from Pluto about drafting a QB.

Here on planet earth, it’s obvious coaching, defense, and lack of a running game are the problems.....not QB. 

19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If fields fell to 4, I’d be tempted. But I seriously doubt he’ll be there, and I’m not on the Wilson/Lance train.

Fixing the coaching staff is actually more important than this pick.

Anyway...Go surtain/Parsons/Rousseau at 4, grab one of the 3 stud RBs in Rd 2, and we’ve got an interesting team again.

If Fields fell to 4 it would be criminal not to take him. At that point it would be unjustifiable to take any other player but him. Not sure the other players you mentioned could be quite the difference maker as Fields could be. He could be special, and well worth the risk. 

2 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

If Fields fell to 4 it would be criminal not to take him. At that point it would be unjustifiable to take any other player but him. Not sure the other players you mentioned could be quite the difference maker as Fields could be. He could be special, and well worth the risk. 

Possibly, but my issue is QB is not near the need TAFT’s making it out to be. Coaching...especially OC... is. Defense and RB are. But not QB.

Just now, Vandy said:

I hear you. Yet all these multiple threads from Pluto about drafting a QB.

Here on planet earth, it’s obvious coaching, defense, and lack of a running game are the problems.....not QB. 

Well I will say this.

Part of the issues that we have had do start at the QB position.

Ryan has missed alot of throws that he normally makes and has made some pretty chitty decisions at times.... decisions that he normally would not make.

Yesterday bhe played well but he left 4 or 5 throws out there that had they been better would have changed the complexion of the game dramatically.

I don't think that we need a new qb but Ryan does need  need to play better.

Of course having a defense that does not allow 5 strait scoring possessions with 4 TD's would also be a big big help.

49 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well I will say this.

Part of the issues that we have had do start at the QB position.

Ryan has missed alot of throws that he normally makes and has made some pretty chitty decisions at times.... decisions that he normally would not make.

Yesterday bhe played well but he left 4 or 5 throws out there that had they been better would have changed the complexion of the game dramatically.

I don't think that we need a new qb but Ryan does need  need to play better.

Of course having a defense that does not allow 5 strait scoring possessions with 4 TD's would also be a big big help.

I agree he hasn’t played consistently well, but that’s what happens when you put everything on the QB’s shoulders with no running game together with an OL that has also not played consistent....a meh defense...and I hate the ******* scheme we’re in. 

30 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Fields really doesn't look that great to me.  A lot of hype.