4-10....how high will the draft pick go?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TD TD TD FG TD Need new QB!

I don't want to "build around Matt Ryan" anymore.  We have been doing that for 10 years.   Matt will be 36yrs old next year.  His out passes are starting to float a little - we saw it last week and we

is #4 our ceiling? need to draft a killer at QB - not someone looking to fall down w/ the game on the line.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

is #4 our ceiling?

need to draft a killer at QB - not someone looking to fall down w/ the game on the line.

You just hurt a lot of people's feelings in here. And that's not nice.

Didn't you know? That's not all Matt's fault... All he needs is a competent O-line, competent tight end, competent OC, stronger arm, more mobility, better decision making. Then we'll be headed back to the Super Bowl.... Hahahahaha. 

Just now, joeyg2033 said:

You just hurt a lot of people's feelings in here. And that's not nice.

Didn't you know? That's not all Matt's fault... All he needs is a competent O-line, competent tight end, competent OC, stronger arm, more mobility, better decision making. Then we'll be headed back to the Super Bowl.... Hahahahaha. 

I don't want to "build around Matt Ryan" anymore.  We have been doing that for 10 years.   Matt will be 36yrs old next year.  His out passes are starting to float a little - we saw it last week and we saw it today.   He trips over air sometime.   YES, his offensive line is bad - for some unknown reason - already pointed out that Chris Morgan may be the worst OLine coach in football.

The problem w/ Matt is - he is a good QB if everything is "perfect" around him.  Perfect protection, perfect running game, perfect weapons......How often do you get perfect?   In 13yrs - he got perfect 1 year - and he was MVP.   He was also 4 years younger and will be 5 years younger once 2021 season starts.

I know we cannot cut him in 2021 - but the seeds need to be sown.  This team isn't winning anything in 2021.  There aren't enough perfect moves to be made to get this team into the top 4 again in next year.

We don't need to "blow up" the team - but clearly the Falcons can get competent production out of a receiving corps w/ Ridley, Gage and Hurst.   I would unload Julio (my favorite NFL player ever) in the off-season, if possible - if not, then OK but if it was possible I would do it.   He is breaking down and his age will continue to lessen his abilities over the next few years - need to sell high on him while we can - he could maybe help a great team, but he cannot help this team be a contender anymore.

Draft the future at QB - let Matt hang one more year - and then move on.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I don't want to "build around Matt Ryan" anymore.  We have been doing that for 10 years.   Matt will be 36yrs old next year.  His out passes are starting to float a little - we saw it last week and we saw it today.   He trips over air sometime.   YES, his offensive line is bad - for some unknown reason - already pointed out that Chris Morgan may be the worst OLine coach in football.

The problem w/ Matt is - he is a good QB if everything is "perfect" around him.  Perfect protection, perfect running game, perfect weapons......How often do you get perfect?   In 13yrs - he got perfect 1 year - and he was MVP.   He was also 4 years younger and will be 5 years younger once 2021 season starts.

I know we cannot cut him in 2021 - but the seeds need to be sown.  This team isn't winning anything in 2021.  There aren't enough perfect moves to be made to get this team into the top 4 again in next year.

We don't need to "blow up" the team - but clearly the Falcons can get competent production out of a receiving corps w/ Ridley, Gage and Hurst.   I would unload Julio (my favorite NFL player ever) in the off-season, if possible - if not, then OK but if it was possible I would do it.   He is breaking down and his age will continue to lessen his abilities over the next few years - need to sell high on him while we can - he could maybe help a great team, but he cannot help this team be a contender anymore.

I agree with you 100%!  As long as everything is perfect around him, he is good. When things aren't perfect... not only does he falter, but we actually, in most respects, expect him to falter. That's exactly the reason why he isn't elite. He just doesn't have it in him to overcome adversity. He just doesn't. If he did, we'd be SB champs. 

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Perfectly said. Can't believe people still want to pass on a potential franchise QB to continue with a declining Ryan. 

Draft Trey Lance. Next year should be Matt's last year here. This team needs a complete culture change.

26 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Perfectly said. Can't believe people still want to pass on a potential franchise QB to continue with a declining Ryan. 

Draft Trey Lance. Next year should be Matt's last year here. This team needs a complete culture change.

Yall are insane. Trey lance has one season of football at NDSU and yall wanna draft him at 4??? 

lol No

1 minute ago, McSpanker said:

Feel bad for the dudes convinced we'll pick a qb in the first pick. I give that about 5% chance of happening. The new GM and Head coach will be trying to prove they can win. Drafting someone with a top 5 pick who will ride the bench is not how you go about doing that

The new coach and GM will be here for at least 5 years, if not longer. Drafting a QB that they choose will assure them of that... even if that qb has to sit a year or so. They already know that they can't seriously compete with the mediocre qb that's already here. They know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ryan is done, and definitely not the future. They will never be in a better position to draft their next qb. They know this...but obviously you don't. 

53 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Is Lance a potential franchise QB?  If so, what do you think are his chances of becoming a real franchise QB?