EDGE Rushers You Like in 2021 Draft

FalconsIn2012

This isn’t necessarily an elite DE class, but it’s deep with quality players.  Two guys I like in the 3rd round area are the hit man, Ronnie  Perkins and Mijay Sanders from Cincinnati.  

RONNIE PERKINS:

Perkins isn’t right in the head.  I say that in the way most great DE’s are a bit off.  But he is mean, lightning fast and sets a tone. Really under the radar.  Has 31 TFL and 17 sacks in 31 games

MYJAI SANDERS:

Sanders is an athletic freak with incredibly long arms.  When I see him, I think Alex Highsmith.  Creates pressure on 15% of pass rush snaps.  Very high ceiling prospect

So who are some guys y’all like in this cycle

I also like pretty much Pitt’s entire DL.  The headliner is mini-Aaron Donald, Jaylen Twyman.  The first interior lineman to lead the team in sacks and QB hits since Donald.  Even has Donald’s body type

Then you have Patrick Jones.  His play strength and production finally caught up to his unique athleticism.  17.5 sacks the last 21 games

Then you have Rashad Weaver who led the country in pressures.  Had 7.5 sacks and 14 TFL in 7 games this year

Pitt DL is a good place to look. Just gotta find the best one...we need to find the Grady Jarrett off their line, not the Vic Beasley.

the homer in me likes Jason Oweh’s physical tools, just not sure how he will pan out. He is a freak, but very inexperienced...would we have the right staff to coach him up? As boom or bust as any prospect this year. Really could stand to stay another year and sharpen his saw more.

Patrick Jones II and Jaylen Twyman, this would be the Clemson picks we did with Jarret and Beasley like 1989fan said, yet a better beasley in the run game and better pass rushing moves. Patrick has a nice dip and get under the arms of the oline, with a nice quick inside move. i would say this is what we all wanted Takk to be. I would say Patrick Jones II is a 8 sack guy that doesnt need to leave the field.

Janarius Robinson: very nice bend, good run defender sets the edge nicely with a hard down hill chase behind the line if its to the RB. Takes on blocks very well and sheds them quick.  Gets his hands up and bats balls down something i wish our team did better at. blocked a few Field goals.

Aidan Hutchinson: every down player and can be moved all over the line. strong at the point and good hand fighting. Love that every move he makes is to the football and doesnt seem to waste time getting there. I'm not sure about taking him in the first or 2nd just yet still watching stuff on him. 

With John Harbaugh being the head coach I would expect a little more... Or is what he has shown is it his ceiling that's the main questing I'm asking myself. Edit: he has leg surgery so defiantly not in the 1st or 2nd.

Edited by AllStarHandyMan

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Pitt DL is a good place to look. Just gotta find the best one...we need to find the Grady Jarrett off their line, not the Vic Beasley.

the homer in me likes Jason Oweh’s physical tools, just not sure how he will pan out. He is a freak, but very inexperienced...would we have the right staff to coach him up? As boom or bust as any prospect this year. Really could stand to stay another year and sharpen his saw more.

That’s Twyman all the way.  Plays just like Grady

33 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Patrick Jones II and Jaylen Twyman, this would be the Clemson picks we did with Jarret and Beasley like 1989fan said, yet a better beasley in the run game and better pass rushing moves. Patrick has a nice dip and get under the arms of the oline, with a nice quick inside move. i would say this is what we all wanted Takk to be. I would say Patrick Jones II is a 8 sack guy that doesnt need to leave the field.

Janarius Robinson: very nice bend, good run defender sets the edge nicely with a hard down hill chase behind the line if its to the RB. Takes on blocks very well and sheds them quick.  Gets his hands up and bats balls down something i wish our team did better at. blocked a few Field goals.

Aidan Hutchinson: every down player and can be moved all over the line. strong at the point and good hand fighting. Love that every move he makes is to the football and doesnt seem to waste time getting there. I'm not sure about taking him in the first or 2nd just yet still watching stuff on him. 

With John Harbaugh being the head coach I would expect a little more... Or is what he has shown is it his ceiling that's the main questing I'm asking myself. Edit: he has leg surgery so defiantly not in the 1st or 2nd.

Great post

A name I often see linked to Atlanta is Ossai.  I would not like him with a top 7 pick at all.  In a trade down in the first round I would be just ok with him

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to EDGE Rushers You Like in 2021 Draft
39 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Great post

A name I often see linked to Atlanta is Ossai.  I would not like him with a top 7 pick at all.  In a trade down in the first round I would be just ok with him

I would say we have alot of value later in the draft on the DE spot then top of the round alot unknown this year with all thats been going on