7:00 PM  
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pay this man!!!  

He is definitely playing defense. He is scrappy, energetic and they are using him like a free safety in the passing lanes. 

This is great to see!!  

Posted Images

Well I doubt John Collins will be a Hawk in 2 years it all depends on what happens this Season. He didn't help himself at all last year with the suspension and there are a lot of things we as fans don't get to see at all. He's been subject of numerous trade rumors as well too I think my deadline we will move him possibly I could be extremely wrong on that though.

Isaac got a 20mil extension while not even playing this season because of injury and we can't give Collins a max. Here is a stat comparison.

ZTLEgBr.png

Collins was suspended 25 games and still played more games than him. Reminder that Collins max starts at 27ish mil. 

I don't get not signing Collins. I mean we are still in the driver seat, but I worry that this could lead to us losing him for nothing, which would only piss off Trae.  We have no cap space, so saving cap means nothing. We aren't going to be in a position to sign a big name FA. And there aren't any big name FAs in the next two offseasons before Trae's contract hits. At best we could trade for one, but then Collins on a larger contract would make better sense, because it would be easier to match salaries then. 

I hope Collins balls out and averages his 20/10 with 3-4 assists and improved defense. 

14 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Isaac got a 20mil extension while not even playing this season because of injury and we can't give Collins a max. Here is a stat comparison.

ZTLEgBr.png

Collins was suspended 25 games and still played more games than him. Reminder that Collins max starts at 27ish mil. 

I don't get not signing Collins. I mean we are still in the driver seat, but I worry that this could lead to us losing him for nothing, which would only piss off Trae.  We have no cap space, so saving cap means nothing. We aren't going to be in a position to sign a big name FA. And there aren't any big name FAs in the next two offseasons before Trae's contract hits. At best we could trade for one, but then Collins on a larger contract would make better sense, because it would be easier to match salaries then. 

I hope Collins balls out and averages his 20/10 with 3-4 assists and improved defense. 

I agree with you 100%. Schlenk is clearly trying to achieve something we don’t know about. I did hear him mention in one of his interviews he was staying prepared to trade for a superstar. He never goes that far in his interviews but he did that time.   I wonder if the organizations he is talking to is driving what we are doing with Collins. 
I hope this doesn’t bother chemistry with the team. Collins was clearly bothered by his contract situation in preseason.