If we bring in the right offensive coaching staff why can't Matt Ryan be a Falcon until he's in his early 40's?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as some of us want to move on from Matt Ryan the truth is we are way more likely to draft a bust of a QB than a good one. I think that our best chance to win a super bowl I'm the next 4 years

I'm sure that he will have his best year in 2025 What's wrong with people? Love Ryan but when it's time to move on, it's time to move on. Must be deep rooted insecurity and a need to hold on to s

He is more than capable with competent scheme/coaching

Posted Images

On 12/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

As much as some of us want to move on from Matt Ryan the truth is we are way more likely to draft a bust of a QB than a good one. I think that our best chance to win a super bowl I'm the next 4 years is with Matt Ryan and a solid running game. 

Patrick Maholmes, Aaron Rodgers and Russ Wilson would all struggle with Dirk Koetter as offensive coordinator. I don't think we should draft Matt Ryan's replacement until after the 2022 season is over. Then let him sit for 1-2 years behind Ryan. I think Matt deserves a coaching staff that can help maximize his talents. 

Matt Ryan makes mistakes a seasoned vet shouldn’t. He takes WAY too many sacks and he ALWAYS seems to throw at least one INT a game. Here are the QBs that are easily better than Matt Ryan: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Brady, Big Ben, Tannehill, Wilson, Murray and Lamar Jackson: That puts Matt Ryan middle of the road, we need to draft his replacement now in order to get a capable QB to keep up with the younger guns. All the older guys on this list have won Super Bowls, if Matt Ryan was a more dynamic player with some SBs under his belt I’d say sure but if you want to play till 40 you have to earn that right and at this point I don’t believe he has, sure he has great stats but he’s not as decorated as he should be at this point in his career. 

On 12/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

As much as some of us want to move on from Matt Ryan the truth is we are way more likely to draft a bust of a QB than a good one. I think that our best chance to win a super bowl I'm the next 4 years is with Matt Ryan and a solid running game. 

Patrick Maholmes, Aaron Rodgers and Russ Wilson would all struggle with Dirk Koetter as offensive coordinator. I don't think we should draft Matt Ryan's replacement until after the 2022 season is over. Then let him sit for 1-2 years behind Ryan. I think Matt deserves a coaching staff that can help maximize his talents. 

Lol lol lol .... After that train wreck today I needed a laugh.....thx 

I was on the Matt Ryan bandwagon since he was drafted.

Unfortunately, no more.

That sack he took where he wasn’t touched by a defender, he simply bumped into one of our OL’s and then essentially fell over (took a dive, more like it), I decided I was done. This is nearly an every game thing for him it seems.

Dude is so obnoxiously immobile and playing scared, plus he’s noticeably lost a fair amount of his accuracy, and also noticeably losing arm strength (which he can’t afford to lose), I just can’t make excuses for the guy anymore.

Sure, Keotter sucks, but Matt use to be able to compensate for crappy play calling, and he’s obviously not doing that anymore.

Time to start over with the new regime. We’re stuck with Matt’s contract, but next season needs to be a phase out season.

On 12/20/2020 at 1:21 AM, primetime said:

It’s all about whether they drafted Love because they wanted a replacement for Rodgers now or because he was the best player on their draft board in a future position of need. If Love is your legit draft board best pick then with a late 30’s QB you definitely need to make that pick. Worse case scenario you get yourself a great backup QB also in the interim.

They did it with Farve-Rogers too. It’s what championship franchises do. They prepare for the future rather than chase the ghost of an “almost” from five years ago.

8 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

They did it with Farve-Rogers too. It’s what championship franchises do. They prepare for the future rather than chase the ghost of an “almost” from five years ago.

The funny thing is, they took Rodgers at 24, and Love at 26. Not in the top 5-10. If the conversation was revolved around doing that, then it makes sense. You're developing a QB at that point. If you're taking a guy top 10, you're likely starting that QB first game of the year or some time soon over the course of the first 6 weeks. We're not in a position to just hand the team over to a young rookie yet. 

I think Matt Ryan can still be a top notch player.  It behooves anyone coming in to work with him, and to prepare for his eventual departure.  Do we have the future QB on the roster?  Probably not.  This offense, with tweaks, can be productive.  The defense needs more work.  In truth, I am excited for the future.  The cupboard is by no means bare.  Let's hope Blank doesn't fall in love with a story, or feel some pressure to hire someone who is not a great fit with what we currently have.  A great coach can do wonders with our team.  Not Superbowl ready by a long shot, but ship can be righted in an off season.

New guy has to assess the good and bad apples.  Bad apples need the McKinley maneuver performed on them. 

24 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

The funny thing is, they took Rodgers at 24, and Love at 26. Not in the top 5-10. If the conversation was revolved around doing that, then it makes sense. You're developing a QB at that point. If you're taking a guy top 10, you're likely starting that QB first game of the year or some time soon over the course of the first 6 weeks. We're not in a position to just hand the team over to a young rookie yet. 

We're not in the position to. And we don't have to. There's no "rule" that states a QB must start immediately if he's drafted in the top 10. Reeves didn't do that with Vick. We had an experienced Vet with Chandler and Reeves rotated Vick in until he felt he was ready. Similar to how Peyton treated Hill. 

I just don't agree with the philosophy that you play a QB and never draft a replacement until he completely breaks down. We did that with Bartkowski and it took YEARS to get a replacement. We drafted Vick when Chandler still had juice. We had Schaub to backup Vick. Now so many people think we can't even DRAFT a guy to go under Ryan. Is he that sacred? C'mon.

And does anyone think as competitive as Ryan is he would play WORSE with some competition? I doubt it.

8 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

We're not in the position to. And we don't have to. There's no "rule" that states a QB must start immediately if he's drafted in the top 10. Reeves didn't do that with Vick. We had an experienced Vet with Chandler and Reeves rotated Vick in until he felt he was ready. Similar to how Peyton treated Hill. 

I just don't agree with the philosophy that you play a QB and never draft a replacement until he completely breaks down. We did that with Bartkowski and it took YEARS to get a replacement. We drafted Vick when Chandler still had juice. We had Schaub to backup Vick. Now so many people think we can't even DRAFT a guy to go under Ryan. Is he that sacred? C'mon.

And does anyone think as competitive as Ryan is he would play WORSE with some competition? I doubt it.

Again, if it's a late first sure, but most teams that draft one high, are looking to start him sooner rather later. Vick was still a very raw QB with concerns, and a classic case for a QB that needed grooming. To be honest, Vick probably could have started the 1st game of the year as a rookie because Chandler was mediocre at best. The situation is completely different as whoever you draft this year, will be sitting for 2 years minimum. Ryan is still among the top 15 QB's(with a bad OC) and can still be there over the next few years(hopefully a better OC). Plus, you're not getting off his contract no time soon. Those 2 factors alone, barring a complete drop in production, will keep Ryan in Atlanta a lot longer than what a lot you guys want him to be. Especially if a new OC comes in and improves Ryan overall play.