2020 ACC Championship #2 Notre Dame vs #3 Clemson

Spts1

31 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Reminder: a back up threw for over 400 yards on this ND defense 

ND always gets exposed when the rubber meets the road. They only rank high due to who they are, not how good they really are. The Dawgs still should have been ahead of them, when was it, a year or two ago? They were still better even with 2 losses.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

shouldn't. but then again, i don't think any team should get in to the playoffs without winning their conference.

Remember when Herbstreit argued against us to make the NC when we should have because we didn't win the conference (I think we ended up playing Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl that year). That was of course until a few years later when he argued his Ohio State team should make it even though they hadn't won their conference.

5 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

The media has been promoting Notre Dame as being a playoff team with a lost today.  Most likely they didn't consider a blow out lost.

18 minutes ago, fuego said:

ND always gets exposed when the rubber meets the road. They only rank high due to who they are, not how good they really are. The Dawgs still should have been ahead of them, when was it, a year or two ago? They were still better even with 2 losses.

1 minute ago, fuego said:

Remember when Herbstreit argued against us to make the NC when we should have because we didn't win the conference (I think we ended up playing Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl that year). That was of course until a few years later when he argued his Ohio State team should make it even though they hadn't won their conference.

It was Alabama that he turned around and pushed into the title game. Is he a big Ohio State homer? Yes, but it was Alabama that he turned around and invented the new rule for.

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

as soon as i hear these guys talking about selection comittees, eye tests, quality wins, votes, etc i feel like the whole playoffs is a joke.