• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will never hope to lose. My birth certificate may say I'm north of 50, but inside I'm still that Gritz Blitz loving kid that just wants the Falcons to win. 

great - another discussion on tanking - where players never do and half the fanbase hope they lose other half says win at all costs and it really doesn't matter because the players try

No let's hope we win since this is a game that you play to win.

Also winning against KC and or Tampa will absolutely attract the HCs and GMs. Of course we still have to pick the right one, but it's attractive to them to say the least, just in case any of them was doubting th Falcons situation. 

This applied to KC more than Tampa, not only because they're better but it's not a division rival. 

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You know, if I was in a bad mood I might say:

Get the fkuc off this board if you hope the Falcons lose.  You're not a fan.

Good thing I'm not in a bad mood.

Heh, one of those I’m not gonna say it but I’m gonna say it things. I agree, I would rather see Falcons win, draft be ****ed...

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Any Falcon fan that wouldn't be happy to see us beat the Chiefs is a fan this fanbase could do without

Yes I'm sure the Giants are ecstatic they won a meaningless game last year and saw their division rival pick up Chase Young and they had to settle for an underwhelming LT.

But go ahead fandom regulator. Post your PO box so fans can send over their sweet fan memberships you can revoke.

6 minutes ago, stizz said:

Yes I'm sure the Giants are ecstatic they won a meaningless game last year and saw their division rival pick up Chase Young and they had to settle for an underwhelming LT.

But go ahead fandom regulator. Post your PO box so fans can send over their sweet fan memberships you can revoke.

Post of the year and absolutely accurate af.

18 minutes ago, stizz said:

Yes, I'm sure they were actually. Most fans are just happy to see their team win, and players certainly care about the win. 

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

With months in between and numerous roster changes, I never really saw how anything could be carried over, but I understood the sentiment at least

I think it was a disingenuous sentiment to be honest. A way to justify meaningless wins. Momentum only carries weight in season. Never through the off season. 

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think it was a disingenuous sentiment to be honest. A way to justify meaningless wins. Momentum only carries weight in season. Never through the off season. 

The same applies to those who would list how many losses we had the previous season and add them to losses in the next season, and say we're 1-9 in the last 10 games, when we'd only played like 2 games that season; just always seemed really dumb to me.

2 hours ago, Captain Insano said:

I’d be disappointed if the team laid down but with incentives and all, that’s not going to happen. I want us to lose out to give us the best opportunity to pick the best available player. I love seeing this team win but we have so many holes on this team and every pick gain is help in my eyes.

My issue with my tanking or best possible player is this....if the team wants someone, and want them BAD ENOUGH, they’ll get them. Look at Julio, all the capital we gave up to get him. It’s not impossible to think we could t possibly trade up if opportunity comes. Especially since it’s likely top three picks could be qbs. And we traded up from mid 20s to 6. We gave up a lot but they did what they needed to get who they wanted. 

so because there is always a chance we can move around, especially with a new regime coming in, let’s hope for the best and if they win ANY of these next games I’ll be thrilled. This season will be over in three weeks, so here’s a my hopes that they put best football in front of them and make every effort to end on a great note and keep Brady from another chance at a ring. At least we know for sure our season WILL end in Tampa. Lol

Just now, hjerry said:

The same applies to those who would list how many losses we had the previous season and add them to losses in the next season, and say we're 1-9 in the last 10 games, when we'd only played like 2 games that season; just always seemed really dumb to me.

I think that’s only applicable when it’s a long losing streak. Like going 0-16 and then into another season. 

46 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

That does nothing but total next season. There's nothing to be gained with those Al Davis decisions. 

Next season is next season. But don't worry, we are probably going to finish 4-12 anyway. But a good, competent GM will be able to make a good pick in the middle of the round as well as a good coach can do something with it. I'm not a tanker and make no apologies, I always want to see my team win. For me personally, I would love to see us beat the **** out of TB twice as he's done nothing but troll us since that SB loss. That's what I mean by salvaging an otherwise dismal season (for me).

9 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

Next season is next season. But don't worry, we are probably going to finish 4-12 anyway. But a good, competent GM will be able to make a good pick in the middle of the round as well as a good coach can do something with it. I'm not a tanker and make no apologies, I always want to see my team win. For me personally, I would love to see us beat the **** out of TB twice as he's done nothing but troll us since that SB loss. That's what I mean by salvaging an otherwise dismal season (for me).

Gms aren't magicians man, and it really helps having a top pick in every round.