Julio OUT AGAIN!

KCFalcon22

Just saw the update on my phone 

Julio Jones (hamstring) is out for Week 15 against the Bucs.

Calvin Ridley is a high-upside, top-five WR1 with Jones still out of the lineup, and Russell Gage is back on the radar as a WR3 after seeing seven targets with Julio out last week. Jones has appeared in just 9-of-14 games to this point, dealing with his pulled hammy for much of the season after initially hurting it in Week 2.

3 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Sigh, looks like this will happen for the remainder of his career.

Sorry, but that whole narrative seems like a bit of an overreaction to me.

Since breaking his foot way back in 2013, he had only missed 4 games TOTAL prior to this season.

But now we should all expect him to automatically miss 5+ games a season?

1 minute ago, k-train said:

Since breaking his foot way back in 2013, he had only missed 4 games TOTAL prior to this season.

I get your point but to be honest I still expect him to miss 2 games a year now.  He’s getting older and his lower half have taken a beating. 

12 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I get your point but to be honest I still expect him to miss 2 games a year now.  He’s getting older and his lower half have taken a beating. 

Ehh. Sure he's getting older, but he seems to take incredibly good care of himself. If they go ahead & shut him down now so he can rest and give the hamstring the proper amount on time it needs to fully heal, I think he can bounce back big time next year.

Plenty of uber-talented WRs were able to maintain high levels of production & stay on the field into their late 30's... Rice, Owens, Fitzgerald, Isaac Bruce, Tim Brown, etc. And several more have been able to stay healthy/productive well into their mid 30's... Moss,  Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Cris Carter, James Lofton, Andre Johnson, etc.

I don't see why Julio shouldn't be viewed in that same light.

25 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Sigh, looks like this will happen for the remainder of his career.

If you think julio is really hurt you're lost.... no need to potentially get a more serious Injury with nothing to gain from it....     if we were in a playoff battle JJ would play...   next year when we actually have a good team JJ will be back to his  old 100+ catches self

11 minutes ago, k-train said:

Ehh. Sure he's getting older, but he seems to take incredibly good care of himself. If they go ahead & shut him down now so he can rest and give the hamstring the proper amount on time it needs to fully heal, I think he can bounce back big time next year.

Plenty of uber-talented WRs were able to maintain high levels of production & stay on the field into their late 30's... Rice, Owens, Fitzgerald, Isaac Bruce, Tim Brown, etc. And several more have been able to stay healthy/productive well into their mid 30's... Moss,  Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Cris Carter, James Lofton, Andre Johnson, etc.

I don't see why Julio shouldn't be viewed in that same light.

That part, yes older but he’s always in great shape.  I think he’s production will be better next year and agree shutting him down for the rest of the season may help heal and protect those injuries from lingering throughout next year and years to come 

35 minutes ago, k-train said:

I %1000 agree!

And why not sit out the last three meaningless games and get a head start on getting your body right for the next year?

Which also allows younger players an opportunity to prove themselves in this league a little bit.

Sounds like a win, win to me.

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

Shut him down for the year and lock up a top 5 pick.

We definitely beat the Chargers if he played and there's no reason to risk his health and the long term goals for the team with meaningless games. 

With the play calling and the willingness of Matt to throw the ball to the other team, I’m not sure we would have won with an injured JJ either.

1 hour ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

If you think julio is really hurt you're lost.... no need to potentially get a more serious Injury with nothing to gain from it....     if we were in a playoff battle JJ would play...   next year when we actually have a good team JJ will be back to his  old 100+ catches self

Fans pay a premium price for tickets to see the best players we have take the field. That premium price was caused in large part because of the millions we are paying them. I am 100% behind Herm Edwards and his mantra of “you play to win the game”. That means THIS ONE GAME. This playoff or bust mentality is poison. This is a rivalry game. If the playoffs are done, we can still play spoiler and kick the crap out of the Succaneers. Play for pride.