Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really, really like his approach.   

Matt has won us a lot more games than he has lost us. 

Joey Harrington used to apologize all the time.

10 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

I agree with the sentiment of speaking up if Koetter is holding you back, but you know Ryan doesn't do that. He'll let the tape speak for itself I'm sure. If it shows that Koetter is the problem, then that'll be that. At least in his mind I think. 

Hopefully he does it behind the scenes where it matters

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

I agree with the sentiment of speaking up if Koetter is holding you back, but you know Ryan doesn't do that. He'll let the tape speak for itself I'm sure. If it shows that Koetter is the problem, then that'll be that. At least in his mind I think. 

Ryan and Shanny went back and forth until Ryan started to trust Shanny. If Ryan doesn't engage with Koetter on that level then he has given up. Might as well retire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Ryan and Shanny went back and forth until Ryan started to trust Shanny. If Ryan doesn't engage with Koetter on that level then he has given up. Might as well retire.

Koetters play calls are horrible. How can you expect Matt to trust him. This isn’t koetters first year in the league, he’s not a newbie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how everyone blames Dirk, as if the run game is awful because they arent using Gurley right , or recievers dropping passes, or the qb missing open receivers and making poor decisions/ rookie mistakes.  Is his offense the best ?? No but the mistakes on offense are more to blame then him. 

Contrary to popular belief Koetter has gotten guys open but players are just not executing like they should 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, caponine said:

I love how everyone blames Dirk, as if the run game is awful because they arent using Gurley right , or recievers dropping passes, or the qb missing open receivers and making poor decisions/ rookie mistakes.  Is his offense the best ?? No but the mistakes on offense are more to blame then him. 

Contrary to popular belief Koetter has gotten guys open but players are just not executing like they should 

Its a combination of suck.

Ryan is playing bad
Gurley has no burst and looks shot and been in/out with injuries
Julio has been in/out with injuries
Ridley has been in/out with injuries
Gage has been in/out with injuries
Hurst has been in/out with injuries
O-line has games with great pass protection and games with terrible pass protection. Run blocking has been bad all year.

Then you get to DK and his inability to use players to their strength.. No motion or movements pre-snap.. Complete lack of creativity in play calling and route concepts..

"Embrace the Suck" has never been more true.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Its a combination of suck.

Ryan is playing bad
Gurley has no burst and looks shot and been in/out with injuries
Julio has been in/out with injuries
Ridley has been in/out with injuries
Gage has been in/out with injuries
Hurst has been in/out with injuries
O-line has games with great pass protection and games with terrible pass protection. Run blocking has been bad all year.

Then you get to DK and his inability to use players to their strength.. No motion or movements pre-snap.. Complete lack of creativity in play calling and route concepts..

"Embrace the Suck" has never been more true.

I definitely agree with the inability to use players too their strength. 

His offense wouldnt be the worst if the run game was actually effective but like you said the o line is bad and gurley is shot. 

The offense hasnt really been able too have a rythym this whole season tbh, while its not an excuse anymore. I still think not having a full offseason has hurt this offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Day1 said:

Koetters play calls are horrible. How can you expect Matt to trust him. This isn’t koetters first year in the league, he’s not a newbie.

It's about relationship. If you have a habit of p!ssing me off and I don't say anything then I have a problem, not you.

If Koetter is calling the wrong plays for the wrong situation and Ryan doesn't say anything then that's Ryan's problem.

Plus I have no doubt Ryan has expressed to Koetter what he will and won't do. What he does and does not like. If they are not on the same page then it's not totally on Koetter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, caponine said:

I definitely agree with the inability to use players too their strength. 

His offense wouldnt be the worst if the run game was actually effective but like you said the o line is bad and gurley is shot. 

The offense hasnt really been able too have a rythym this whole season tbh, while its not an excuse anymore. I still think not having a full offseason has hurt this offense. 

The oline had not been great...but part of the run games issue are on Gurley's lack of explosion and his decision making.

I mean both Hill and Smith averge more than 4 yards a carry.  It is indeed a slightly smaller sample size but between them they are about 50 carries behind Todd so it is not a gigantic discrepancy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The oline had not been great...but part of the run games issue are on Gurley's lack of explosion and his decision making.

I mean both Hill and Smith averge more than 4 yards a carry.  It is indeed a slightly smaller sample size but between them they are about 50 carries behind Todd so it is not a gigantic discrepancy.

No doubt you can see the difference when Hill and Ito are in the game , makes you wonder who is vying for Todd to get so many carries. Personally think its Blank and Morris tbh but thats beside the point, Koetter has called some great games. He has had great plays that the offense dowsnt execute.

Two examples

First, Koetter was able to scheme Ridley open multiple but especially against GB and NO. Couldnt take advantage of it.

2nd, That last run against the saints was actually a great playcall Gurley just read it wrong and killed the play. If ito or hill was in on that play its a touchdown tbh or close to it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan is not playing well and is making bad decisions.  But, I have some empathy.  If I were the Falcons QB and I knew I had 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball, and I knew we not only called a play that took 4-6 seconds, and the routes were converging where it was tough to pick an open guy out with 3 defenders and 3 receivers crowded into a small area, and I just had a 350 man in a helmet and pads drive me into the turf, I might just say **** it and chunk the ball.  If it is received, all is good.  If it is intercepted, we were probably going 3 and out anyway.  We cannot run the ball.  Our routes are predictable and not well designed to get someone open.  An interception deep is as good as a poor to mediocre punt.  And, maybe, just maybe, I will not get crushed again. 

I am not saying it is right.  I am saying every man has his limits.  I fear that if I were the QB of the Falcons there would be serious trouble between me and Koetter.  Someone might even get arrested.  I don't know how much of that crap I could take.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The same goes for Ryan as I said goes for all other players. Im not judging no one based on this season or coaching staff. When this team has a better front office and better coaching, then I'll fault the players. Im not faulting anyone in this lame *** offense. We got the same problems now, as we did when Dirk left, and Ryan is playing like he did under Dirk. Same exact problems. Ryan will come back strong next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, poutlipper said:

Can't win with some people.  First Saints game that narrative was "Ryan is just holding onto the ball and taking the sack.  Have to give your guys a chance!"  Chargers game he gives them a chance and take the INT.  

Exactly. And I pointed that out in the game thread when it happened. If Roddy White was the receiver on the Calvin Ridley interception it would have been a touchdown. The throw wasn't terrible. He was giving his guy a shot and Ridley left him out to dry. Ridley never even jumped and still got a hand or two on the ball. Roddy used to be a big time play maker on balls in the air and he would have gone up and got it. Ryan gave his man a chance and it didn't end well. But it's whatever. Ryan can't please some people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 10:18 PM, marvinthemartian said:

Do you call out your boss in public????

Exactly. I wish more people understood this. What team would want to sign a player that publicly addresses the coaching staff in a negative way. This is still their profession. Not to say they wouldn't get signed but that stigma follows you. Once you become a liability it changes everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...