Jump to content

Top 5 QBs in 2021 draft broken down


matty72780
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is a pretty good video and analysis. It’s a little long but it’s a thoughtful video. I’m on the Zach Wilson train all the way! Matt Ryan is no longer a top 10 QB as much as it pains me to say it, but he’s being outplayed by the Tannehills, Josh Allens, a even the young gun Justin Herbert. He’s not even close to the Mahomes, Jackson’s, and Murray’s of the NFL and he’s not an “Elite vet” like a Brees or Rodgers - it’s time we let go ATL. 
 

Zach Wilson would look pretty good in that Black & Red! 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I am afraid of Zack Wilson going QB2, I wouldn't mind trading up to get him. 

As the combine and draft nears I think it will be interesting to see if Wilson jumps Fields even tho I like Fields and would be happy with either. My preference is Wilson with all the throws he can make. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I am afraid of Zack Wilson going QB2, I wouldn't mind trading up to get him. 

Awwww hellz naw. Sit tight and if the right QB don't fall to us in round 1, take Surtain or Parsons or trade back and grab Mac in round 2 (or trade up into round 1).

And I think we will need to trade Julio, Matt or Jake Matthews just to get under the cap. They aren't restructuring. We'll have some surprise cuts/trades in our future I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Awwww hellz naw. Sit tight and if the right QB don't fall to us in round 1, take Surtain or Parsons or trade back and grab Mac in round 2 (or trade up into round 1).

And I think we will need to trade Julio, Matt or Jake Matthews just to get under the cap. They aren't restructuring. We'll have some surprise cuts/trades in our future I think.

In what way would trading Matt Ryan get us under the cap?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Awwww hellz naw. Sit tight and if the right QB don't fall to us in round 1, take Surtain or Parsons or trade back and grab Mac in round 2 (or trade up into round 1).

And I think we will need to trade Julio, Matt or Jake Matthews just to get under the cap. They aren't restructuring. We'll have some surprise cuts/trades in our future I think.

Neither Jones or Trask will make it to round 2. Your dreaming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Wilson's accuracy is what gets me.

 

The key is he’s accurate from both in and out of the pocket. 
To me the benchmark of a college QB being successful in the NFL is coming out of college being accurate in the pocket. The rest of what Wilson does well is gravy on top. 

I think it’s why Jones is gone by pick 15. He’s deadly accurate in the pocket.  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Wilson's accuracy is what gets me.

 

You can just watch him and see how fluid his movements are and his dexterity with the football. He’s a natural  with his release. It’s so quick and he gets good velocity on his passes, that would be beneficial in redzone windows, tight 20-30 yard windows and out routes. His receivers get that extra millisecond to brace themselves or make a move on the defender which is huge for YAC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

You can just watch him and see how fluid his movements are and his dexterity with the football. He’s a natural  with his release. It’s so quick and he gets good velocity on his passes, that would be beneficial in redzone windows, tight 20-30 yard windows and out routes. His receivers get that extra millisecond to brace themselves or make a move on the defender which is huge for YAC.

Wilson also has a knack in those split second decisions for throwing where only his guy can get it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ShaneFalco said:

Wilson also has a knack in those split second decisions for throwing where only his guy can get it. 

Even if his target is 60+ yards. His feel for the game is just so Russell-esque. He gives an OC a diversity of options on how to attack a defense. We need that badly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Even if his target is 60+ yards. His feel for the game is just so Russell-esque. He gives an OC a diversity of options on how to attack a defense. We need that badly.

Best thing about him is how he improvises on the run, he always seems to keep his eyes down field even when he is evading tackles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I am afraid of Zack Wilson going QB2, I wouldn't mind trading up to get him. 

I really like Zack Wilson but I can't see team passing on the combination of passing and runnning that Fields brings to the table. Long way to go so anything is possible but I would be shocked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Best thing about him is how he improvises on the run, he always seems to keep his eyes down field even when he is evading tackles. 

It’s so crazy that he’s 6’3. He appears smaller on screen especially when he’s using his legs. He looks as agile as a guy thats 5’11.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

It’s so crazy that he’s 6’3. He appears smaller on screen especially when he’s using his legs. He looks as agile as a guy thats 5’11.

I am sure he is probably 6'1-6'2, colleges are notorious for bumping player heights lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I really like Zack Wilson but I can't see team passing on the combination of passing and runnning that Fields brings to the table. Long way to go so anything is possible but I would be shocked.

That would be a dream scenario, but I can also see teams taking Wilson before Fields due to the OSU stigma and maybe they fall in love with his talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Jones is higher actually. Trading Ryan costs us 10 mill, trading JJ would cost us 15. Neither helps us get under the cap.

Actually Ryan's immediate cap hit would be in the 40mil range. Or at least that's what he would net as soon as he's traded. I'm not sure how much of it applies directly to the cap, but I'm sure moving him would have massive negative consequences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...