Jump to content

2020 ACC Championship - #3 Clemson vs #2 Notre Dame


Carter
 Share

Recommended Posts

I guess both of these teams are going to be in the playoff if Clemson wins this rematch. If Notre Dame can pull off another upset when the Tigers have their offense intact, I will give them major props. I'm really not expecting them to pull that off. Hopefully this one is a good game, I think it could be a good contest actually... but we'll see. I want Notre Dame to win just to see the chaos of picking the 4 playoff teams lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GAbred said:

If Clemson wins, does that increase the chances of Ohio State not getting in? I'd like to see Bama, Clemson, ND, and Tex A&M all in the playoff. Really don't like the thought of possibly watching Fields win it all. 

If Clemson wins then I think it would be Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Notre Dame as the final 4. Unless they blow out Notre Dame horribly?

If Notre Dame wins then it gets interesting. Hard to see Texas A&M making the final cut but who knows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

If Clemson wins then I think it would be Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Notre Dame as the final 4. Unless they blow out Notre Dame horribly?

If Notre Dame wins then it gets interesting. Hard to see Texas A&M making the final cut but who knows

I think it only gets interesting if Notre Dames wins, because if they win Clemson is out. Then I think A&M sitting at 5 has a real good shot to move up to #4, if Bama and Ohio State win their conference games and  they beat Tenn on Saturday.

Not sure who else they would put in besides A&M?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I think it only gets interesting if Notre Dames wins, because if they win Clemson is out. Then I think A&M sitting at 5 has a real good shot to move up to #4, if Bama and Ohio State win their conference games and  they beat Tenn on Saturday.

Not sure who else they would put in besides A&M?

I think the limited sample size is going to possibly create some strange arguments between A&M, USC, maybe Cincinnati. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see major shifts in the rankings. A&M got blown out by Bama, I just don’t think they will get the benefit of the doubt sliding in at 4 to play them again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think the limited sample size is going to possibly create some strange arguments between A&M, USC, maybe Cincinnati. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see major shifts in the rankings. A&M got blown out by Bama, I just don’t think they will get the benefit of the doubt sliding in at 4 to play them again.

That is a very good point. I didn't even think about them having to play us again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...