Notes: 12/14

FalconsIn2012

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Part of the problem yesterday was trying to attack too much.

The int into double coverage but also the deep shot on the first series when atleast one underneath receiver was open for the first.

True. 

What I hope for is game planning and meaningful attacks on the opponent, kind of like what they were doing with their screen game. They did their homework. The Falcons just power through opponents without much planning. Maybe they are planning but it looks like bad planning.

30 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I am definitely no DK apologist, but maybe he has more years playing under DK and that is the reason? I didn’t check to see how long he had been under each coordinator. But I know Shanny and Sark wasn’t  that long. I don’t see how you could fault anybody but Matt for those interceptions yesterday. Except for one he could’ve schemed to keep the safety out of play.

7 minutes ago, fuego said:

I am definitely no DK apologist, but maybe he has more years playing under DK and that is the reason? I didn’t check to see how long he had been under each coordinator. But I know Shanny and Sark wasn’t  that long. I don’t see how you could fault anybody but Matt for those interceptions yesterday. Except for one he could’ve schemed to keep the safety out of play.

This is year 5 under Koetter.  Ryan had 4 years with MM, 2 with Shanny & 2 with Sark

So 5 with Koetter and 8 with a different OC

13 minutes ago, Jesus said:

True. 

What I hope for is game planning and meaningful attacks on the opponent, kind of like what they were doing with their screen game. They did their homework. The Falcons just power through opponents without much planning. Maybe they are planning but it looks like bad planning.

I think the plan was to attack their secondary with Gage and Ridley....that is what we did.

Had the Falcons converted on any of the couple handfuls of opportunities ( Ryan being late on a that would have been a TD, any of the 3 ints,Gurley going wrong way on a screen forcing a very ill timed intentional grounding that took the falcons out of FG range.

The only one that the chargers really forced was the last int because Bosa made Ryan throw it with out stepping into it.

Both of the other ints Ryan had plenty of time and both guys were open if the ball comes out on time.

Had the Falcons converted those then that screen game plan would have become ineffective.