I hate to see the Falcon's lose, but we also know the rebuild is needed and a higher draft pick 'could' make a big difference for the next several years.  

The Trenches

I was never a fan of our GM and over the years became convinced he didn't understand football and the importance of the trenches.  The game yesterday along with most of the games this season showed just that.  With all the first round offensive line talent, how can we not open a hole and run the football?  Where is Hennessy? Wasn't he a first or second rounder?  Don't you expect most draft picks at that level to be starters?  What about the DT/DE Marlon Davidson (or Davison)? Where is he?  They are both on the long list of bad picks by our former GM.  

Will it Change?  

Not since AB fired Dan Reeves, have we had a head coach with a demanding mentality. Mora, Petrino, Smitty, Quinn were all the result of a selection process that didn't work.  I'm hopeful AB will 'get it right' this time, but I'm also not betting he will.  Hiring a GM and an HC in the same year will be hard.  Hiring a good HC and GM will likely be impossible.  The best hope we have is that AB gets a seasoned coach and just hands him the keys for the first year saying "run the team in 2021" and we will work on a GM after the next season.  

Why hire a HC First & only?

A GM cannot coach a team, but a HC can pick 6-7 draft picks.  The scouts bring the shortlist, then the HC will play out the draft board, coach a season and then either bring in a GM to really take over the GM duties or hire/promote someone to assume the title but essentially work for the HC to find players.  

Is a Rebuild possible or only a reshuffle? 

There are only so many NFL level players.  Add to that, we have some big contracts that will have to be dealt with (MR2, JJ). Our impressive 4 wins will keep us out of the 'top' 3 or 5  picks in the draft.  Despite the fanbase being ready for a rebuild, I think it's more likely we will see a reshuffle.  Hopefully the reshuffle will be from a HC who says "If we can stop the run, rush the passer, run block and pass block, we can start to build something" and the reshuffle will be mostly about the O and D lines

12 minutes ago, richardc said:

I hate to see the Falcon's lose, but we also know the rebuild is needed and a higher draft pick 'could' make a big difference for the next several years.  

The Trenches

I was never a fan of our GM and over the years became convinced he didn't understand football and the importance of the trenches.  The game yesterday along with most of the games this season showed just that.  With all the first round offensive line talent, how can we not open a hole and run the football?  Where is Hennessy? Wasn't he a first or second rounder?  Don't you expect most draft picks at that level to be starters?  What about the DT/DE Marlon Davidson (or Davison)? Where is he?  They are both on the long list of bad picks by our former GM.  

Will it Change?  

Not since AB fired Dan Reeves, have we had a head coach with a demanding mentality. Mora, Petrino, Smitty, Quinn were all the result of a selection process that didn't work.  I'm hopeful AB will 'get it right' this time, but I'm also not betting he will.  Hiring a GM and an HC in the same year will be hard.  Hiring a good HC and GM will likely be impossible.  The best hope we have is that AB gets a seasoned coach and just hands him the keys for the first year saying "run the team in 2021" and we will work on a GM after the next season.  

A GM cannot coach a team, but a HC can pick 6-7 draft picks.  The scouts bring the shortlist, then the HC will play out the draft board, coach a season and then either bring in a GM to really take over the GM duties or hire/promote someone to assume the title but essentially work for the HC to find players.  

There are only so many NFL level players.  Add to that, we have some big contracts that will have to be dealt with (MR2, JJ). Our impressive 4 wins will keep us out of the 'top' 3 or 5  picks in the draft.  Despite the fanbase being ready for a rebuild, I think it's more likely we will see a reshuffle.  Hopefully the reshuffle will be from a HC who says "If we can stop the run, rush the passer, run block and pass block, we can start to build something" and the reshuffle will be mostly about the O and D lines

This is a jumbled mess of idiocracy. I hope you just copied and pasted from one of the goofy "sports" blogs...

28 minutes ago, richardc said:

The Trenches

Will it Change?  

This is what a team of first round picks looks like when the wrong person is choosing them... 

It's not the season I was hoping for, just like the rest of us.  

My dad was a huge Cleveland Browns fan and he never gave up on them.  

I say this because we all know they were 0-16 just a few years ago.  With a lot of work and a few personnel changes we can be playoff worthy very soon.  I don' have any misgivings that we will be any better next year but 2-3 years from now we could be top of the conference or close enough to make a deep postseason run.  That's what I am hopeful for.  We're not there today.  But we can get there.  Like the Browns we're not losing games by 3 scores, we're close.  We'll get there.

9 hours ago, richardc said:

The Trenches

Will it Change?