Can Matt Ryan bounce back next year?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What was the game plan yesterday? The chargers had a game plan. They threw screens and quick passes to neutralize the gap blitzes. You don't score a lot of points like that but if you slow the ot

He needs a good OC A REAL running back  A defense that gets him more chances I think we have a shot

This is a clear example of how an OC's offensive scheme can make or break a QB.  Ryan looks like a superstar in Shanahan's offense and back to the 80s in Koetter's.  I don't know how many of you remem

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I haven't seen you blame DK for one single thing. Whenever anyone points out a bad play call or situation by DK you always find a way to excuse it and put the blame on Ryan or some other player. DK always gets some kind of excuse with you.

I've even asked you to provide legit proof that DK isn't an issue and you ignored or missed my question.

I did not see your question.

But here is how I would respond.

There is no proof because good and bad calls are subjective....take the 3rd and 2 vs the saints...It was not my favorite call but I did not mind it as much as some....no one expects am inside hand off to be bounced outside for a 7 yard loss..

Would a play action there be better? Probably but I understand the logic behind the call....you have a veteran back who had been good in the redzone vs a defense who has been gashed that drive and the previous drive...had Gurley got the first then that forces NO to burn a time out and we get a fresh set of downs with 4 shots at the end zone..I get the call....good or bad...I get it.

I have always acknowledged that there are plays that he could call differently.....but  I say that about all play callers.... You can look at any single game from anybody you want and pick out a highlight reel worth of bad play design and "bad" calls that can be seconded , third and 4th guessed until you are blue in the face.

Also we all have a a tendency to look at something through our biases...that is why 2 people can look at the exact same play and come away with 2 completely different opinions on that play....and both people will think that they are right.

So yeah.....that is why there is no point arguing it anyway.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

There is no proof because good and bad calls are subjective....take the 3rd and 2 vs the saints...It was not my favorite call but I did not mind it as much as some....no one expects am inside hand off to be bounced outside for a 7 yard loss..

Would a play action there be better? Probably but I understand the logic behind the call....you have a veteran back who had been good in the redzone vs a defense who has been gashed that drive and the previous drive...had Gurley got the first then that forces NO to burn a time out and we get a fresh set of downs with 4 shots at the end zone..I get the call....good or bad...I get it.

I have always acknowledged that there are plays that he could call differently.....but  I say that about all play callers.... You can look at any single game from anybody you want and pick out a highlight reel worth of bad play design and "bad" calls that can be seconded , third and 4th guessed until you are blue in the face.

Also we all have a a tendency to look at something through our biases...that is why 2 people can look at the exact same play and come away with 2 completely different opinions on that play....and both people will think that they are right.

The problem is you're focused on individual play calls. What makes Koetter so bad is his scheme in a much broader sense is rigid, old-fashioned, and he refuses to change it whatsoever to suit the players that he has. If he had the perfect roster he'd do fine, but our team is built to run a very particular kind of offense, and Koetter does the opposite of that with no desire to get the best out of his players. 

Now of course his playcalls are also predictable and bad, but that's a smaller issue to the big reason Koetter is terrible. You need to look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on individual plays. 

39 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

What about the numerous games where the broadcasters have openly questioned DK's game plan? Take that same Saints game, for example. Jonathan Vilma called it. When the Falcons go 4 WR's the Saints stopped the Falcons. The Falcons actually moved the ball at times when they used other personnel. But they used 4 WR way too much and made it easy for the Saints. That is an example of a bad OC. There is no biased there. That's just plain common sense and seeing that our OC isn't putting the Falcons offense in the best position to be successful. I can't put the blame for that on the players the same way you do.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

What about the numerous games where the broadcasters have openly questioned DK's game plan? Take that same Saints game, for example. Jonathan Vilma called it. When the Falcons go 4 WR's the Saints stopped the Falcons. The Falcons actually moved the ball at times when they used other personnel. But they used 4 WR way too much and made it easy for the Saints. That is an example of a bad OC. There is no biased there. That's just plain common sense and seeing that our OC isn't putting the Falcons offense in the best position to be successful. I can't put the blame for that on the players the same way you do.

"Numerous" is a big big stretch.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:13 AM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Ryan is expected to have a new offensive play caller next year. Plus I'm sure Matt Ryan will want to come back next year with avengence after his struggles in 2020. Hopefully the Falcons can set Matt Ryan up with a good running game next year. Do you think that Matt Ryan can bounce back next year? What do you think that the Falcons can do to help Matt Ryan bounce back?

Our only real choice is to provide Matt with a ground game and hope for the best.  Matt is a professional and I think he will do what he can to be the best QB for us he can be in 2021.  Let's hope that is good enough to right this ship and return to the playoffs and make a run.  I would sure like to see him finish his career with a Lombardi before it is over.    

35 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

The problem is you're focused on individual play calls. What makes Koetter so bad is his scheme in a much broader sense is rigid, old-fashioned, and he refuses to change it whatsoever to suit the players that he has. If he had the perfect roster he'd do fine, but our team is built to run a very particular kind of offense, and Koetter does the opposite of that with no desire to get the best out of his players. 

Now of course his playcalls are also predictable and bad, but that's a smaller issue to the big reason Koetter is terrible. You need to look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on individual plays. 

Individual plays make up the big picture.

You can't say look at the big picture and ignore the pieces of the picture that make up the picture.

Sure a drop or 2 are going to happen

QBs are going to miss reads

But when you start seeing 4,5 6 or more plays a game that are just pluck ups...

It is cliche but it is true.... pretty much every football game turns on 4 or 5 plays.

One way or another.... sometimes they are plays that are made....but often they are times where the plays are not made.

I mean you said yesterday that on the first int to Ridley there was no one else open.....look against and look at Gurley, he was there for a little flare...would it have been a big gain? Probably not but it was sure as **** better then an int on first down.

Those type of plays make up the big picture.

But like I said....you are going to see what you want in that picture.

11 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Mahomes and Brady's run game isn't that great either, but they have the natural talent to overcome that. 

Is the offensive coaching better than Dirk Koetter 😂 

How pathetic a comment is this.I love it yet Matt with good coaching has league MVP capability like thee other 2 but yeah natural talent whatever.

31 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Yeah inspite of Arians' stupidity, not because of him. Brady playing much better than Ryan despite a futile running game helps. 

Tampa have got better and better with him at the helm.

Ever since Koetters been with the Falcons offense the team and his offense have engaged reverse.

Whose got a job next year Arians in Tampa or Koetter in Atlanta or anywhere else ain’t no one gonna be in a hurry to hire him.

So your trying to imply Arians has had very little to do with Tampa’s success then?

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tampa have got better and better with him at the helm.

Ever since Koetters been with the Falcons offense the team and his offense have engaged reverse.

Whose got a job next year Arians in Tampa or Koetter in Atlanta or anywhere else ain’t no one gonna be in a hurry to hire him.

So your trying to imply Arians has had very little to do with Tampa’s success then?

Neither should have a job, the air coryell offense is simply outdated. Both offenses look the same, the only difference is that Tampa is winning, Brady is outplaying FG Matt (30TD to 19), and Kutty doesn't throw Ice under the bus if he overlooks open recievers like Arians does to Tom. There's already been calls for Arians to lose his job for a while, he is just living off Brady at this point. 

20 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Individual plays make up the big picture.

You can't say look at the big picture and ignore the pieces of the picture that make up the picture.

Sure a drop or 2 are going to happen

QBs are going to miss reads

But when you start seeing 4,5 6 or more plays a game that are just pluck ups...

It is cliche but it is true.... pretty much every football game turns on 4 or 5 plays.

One way or another.... sometimes they are plays that are made....but often they are times where the plays are not made.

I mean you said yesterday that on the first int to Ridley there was no one else open.....look against and look at Gurley, he was there for a little flare...would it have been a big gain? Probably not but it was sure as **** better then an int on first down.

Those type of plays make up the big picture.

But like I said....you are going to see what you want in that picture.

No, the plays don't make up the 'big picture' of the scheme. The scheme is in place long before a single play is ever called. And Koetter's unwillingness to change anything is also not affected by any individual play. 

You'll see once he's gone. Even the people that think he's terrible mostly don't get just how bad he really is. 

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Neither should have a job, the air coryell offense is simply outdated. Both offenses look the same, the only difference is that Tampa is winning, Brady is outplaying FG Matt (30TD to 19), and Kutty doesn't throw Ice under the bus if he overlooks open recievers like Arians does to Tom. There's already been calls for Arians to lose his job for a while, he is just living off Brady at this point. 

How can that be Brady’s been there 5 minutes 😂 

Jamies Winston he inherited off of Dirk Koetter.

Arians runs a similar offense but is flat out a better coach than Koetter full stop.

When Koetter had Tampa they were nothing at that point yet with Arians he’s turning them round into something.Basically where ever Koetters been they’ve done nothing much like Atlanta this year.

You watch when Koetter gets fired this off season no one is lining up to add him to there staff just watch.

21 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How can that be Brady’s been there 5 minutes 😂 

Jamies Winston he inherited off of Dirk Koetter.

Arians runs a similar offense but is flat out a better coach than Koetter full stop.

When Koetter had Tampa they were nothing at that point yet with Arians he’s turning them round into something.Basically where ever Koetters been they’ve done nothing much like Atlanta this year.

You watch when Koetter gets fired this off season no one is lining up to add him to there staff just watch.

Lol this entire post is lolable. Arians wouldn't have a job if they weren't winning, and Brady is the reason they are winning. You can think whatever fantasy you want, but either might not have a job very soon. 

https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/11/29/former-patriots-star-calls-for-buccaneers-to-fire-bruce-arians-video/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxsportsradio.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2020-11-30-colin-cowherd-bucs-need-to-fire-bruce-arians-after-this-season/

Bruce Arians Needs to Be Fired Solely for Disrespecting Tom Brady – The 300s

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

Lol this entire post is lolable. Arians wouldn't have a job if they weren't winning, and Brady is the reason they are winning. You can think whatever fantasy you want, but either might not have a job very soon. 

https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/11/29/former-patriots-star-calls-for-buccaneers-to-fire-bruce-arians-video/

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

Thee only fantasy you have is thinking Tom Brady is thee only reason why there winning.The idea that the HC has nothing to do with this is a fantasy.

Your trying to tell me the coaching job Arians has done with limited preparation and alot of new parts isn’t a good one 😂.Obviously you don’t understand or no good coaching when you see it.

Thee idea you add Koetter into this discussion is as clueless as it gets.That guys the first guy ran out of town while Arians is safe in Tampa.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Thee only fantasy you have is thinking Tom Brady is thee only reason why there winning.The idea that the HC has nothing to do with this is a fantasy.

Your trying to tell me the coaching job Arians has done with limited preparation and alot of new parts isn’t a good one 😂.Obviously you don’t understand or no good coaching when you see it.

Thee idea you add Koetter into this discussion is as clueless as it gets.That guys the first guy ran out of town while Arians is safe in Tampa.

LOL :lol: I am done, this is just unreasonable drivel. If you think Arians is doing a good job coaching up the bucs then there is no point talking to you, you need an eye exam. 

4 hours ago, Osiruz said:

When the Bucs lose it's because Tom Brady craps the bed.

Tom Brady's stats in the Bucs 5 losses.

• 123/204 (60.3%), 1262 YDS (6.2), 8 TD, 9 INT, 72.8 QB Rating

After one of the MNF losses Brady was described as "Needing everything to be exactly perfect for him to play well. When everything isn't perfect Tom Brady looks like Sam Darnold."

Now which QB does that sound like? Sounds just like Matt Ryan too if you're being extremely honest.

Also, how exactly is the Bucs running game worse than the Falcons?

• Buccaneers - 303 ATT, 1263 YDS (4.2), 12 TD, 66 First Downs
  • Falcons - 347 ATT, 1278 YDS (3.7), 12 TD, 74 First Downs

The Bucs gain a whole half a yard more per rushing attempt than the Falcons but their running game is worse than the Falcons? How exactly does that work?