How do we realistically get rid of Matt Ryan

Draft his replacement and bench him?🤔

Cut him and just take the cap hit🤷🏿‍♂️

Trade him and take the cap hit🤷🏿‍♂️

Ask him to retire ala Jessie Tuggle 

The moral of it Matt has lost it physically and the city of Atlanta is ready to move on. This draft has atleast 6 starter quality QB. Lawrence,Fields,Wilson,Lance,Trask are 1st rounders for sure. Jamie Newman and Desmond Riddler may be(or develop into) day 2 draft pick starters

I hope whoever the new GM is has the balls to draft a QB if we end up picking top 6. Thoughts?

Edited by lju713
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matt may very well be done, but it's very hard to know how much or if at all that is true with having everyone in this awful scheme. Could he still need replacing with a better OC? Maybe, but I find i

I think we are in a perfect position. We'll probably get a top 5 pick. With a new GM and HC in place, you have to draft a QB (quit fooling yourselves). You stick with Ryan and draft a defender in the

We definitely need a running game too. Matt is a play action QB, and it surprises me that Mr.Blank hasn't figured that out. Keep a stud a RB and that helps ANY QB that you have🙄🙄

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Matt may very well be done, but it's very hard to know how much or if at all that is true with having everyone in this awful scheme. Could he still need replacing with a better OC? Maybe, but I find it hard to judge any of the offensive players too harshly right now.

We definitely need a running game too. Matt is a play action QB, and it surprises me that Mr.Blank hasn't figured that out. Keep a stud a RB and that helps ANY QB that you have🙄🙄

Trade will be hard. Can't just cut him. You have a conversation. You tell him we are going in a new direction. We will draft a young guy. Come week 3, 6, 8 or 12, that young guy will be starting and you will be sitting. The days of you being the man here are over. You can be the most expensive backup until cutting or trading you "as is" becomes more manageable for us in a year or two. Or you can find an interested team, re-work your deal so it's more manageable to move you. 

Either way, ball is in his court in terms of how he wants it to end. He can either help or pout on the bench, or even cheerlead from the bench. 

I think we are in a perfect position. We'll probably get a top 5 pick. With a new GM and HC in place, you have to draft a QB (quit fooling yourselves). You stick with Ryan and draft a defender in the top 5, who you gonna get? Surtain, Rousseau, Paye? None of those guys turn this defense around. You have to draft a QB and look towards the immediate future.

The problem is this never works this way anymore. If you spend that high of a pick on a QB, they will start at the beginning of the season or shortly into the season. One bad game from Ryan and he's out and the new guy is in then a bad game by him and then Ryan is back in then you end up with both always looking over their shoulders.

1 hour ago, lju713 said:

Draft his replacement and bench him?🤔

Cut him and just take the cap hit🤷🏿‍♂️

Trade him and take the cap hit🤷🏿‍♂️

Ask him to retire ala Jessie Tuggle 

The moral of it Matt has lost it physically and the city of Atlanta is ready to move on. This draft has atleast 6 starter quality QB. Lawrence,Fields,Wilson,Lance,Trask are 1st rounders for sure. Jamie Newman and Desmond Riddler may be(or develop into) day 2 draft pick starters

I hope whoever the new GM is has the balls to draft a QB if we end up picking top 6. Thoughts?

4250D442-CF1B-4862-AC5B-54E616B91D9F.jpeg

Trade him to teams who have drafted or traded for young QBs in the last three years and it hasn't worked.

San Fran, NY Jets , Chicago ,Carolina, Philly, Dallas , Jacksonville or Indy.

All of those teams are QB needy don't ask for the multiple 1st ask for multiple 2nd-4th round picks and they take his entire contract

Dirk is anchoring Matt.  Remove the anchor and Matt will float once more.  I truly believe that.

That said, we can't realistically get out from Matt until after 2022 so get an hc/oc worth a dang, put Matt back into a wco, give him a run game and oline worth a sh7t (which should be a requirement of any team and qb of any age btw) he will be just fine.  

Looks like we are stuck with Matt until 2023 at the earliest.  Our coaching and GM search may be limited to only those names who still believe in Julio and Matt.  Any new coach should prioritize getting Matt an OC who will pound the football.  He has always been at his best when we had a strong running game even in 2016.  The more I look at this team and what we can realistically do with this roster the less I like a hiring a wide open offensive guru like Bienemy or Brady.  Guys like Daboll, Arthur Smith and Roman are looking a lot better as candidates the more I realize Ryan isn't going anywhere.  

1 hour ago, lju713 said:

We need an elite run game and if we get that we win championships... We need to get that by any means necessary.

21 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

LOL we have to wait until after January 5 to know who our Senators are

Gawd don’t remind us. . . I heard $500 million will end up being spent.  

If either side was smart they would stop the ads and just stick $1,000 in my mailbox with their candidates picture on it

1 hour ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I think we are in a perfect position. We'll probably get a top 5 pick. With a new GM and HC in place, you have to draft a QB (quit fooling yourselves). You stick with Ryan and draft a defender in the top 5, who you gonna get? Surtain, Rousseau, Paye? None of those guys turn this defense around. You have to draft a QB and look towards the immediate future.

Uh yeah. Surtain actually would change the defense quite a bit with Terrell over there.