Matt Ryan cost us a hero moment

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I thought the tankers WANTED to lose?

I know that I did.  You want to label me a tanker?  Go ahead.  

I want what is best for this team.  Winning meaningless games is not productive.  We are not talking about young high schoolers here.  No one is learning a "life lesson". 

We need to be rid of this entire coaching staff and we would benefit from a higher draft pick.  Higher draft picks are more valuable assets.   So, I don't mind us losing.  

Now, all of you high school/college rah-rah guys can scream and moan about principles and ideals.  All I care about is production and results.  It comes from years of competing at high levels in real life.  

This team is crap.  This coaching staff is crap.  Let's be clear about that.  Heroes, slogans and meaningless wins are crap.  We are not the best 4-win team in history.  We are simply a losing team.  

Ryan is a fine QB but he can not carry this offense.  And his salary says that he CAN carry an offense.  So, to me, that means that he is overpaid and basically useless.  

Time to rebuild.  Acquire the highest draft choice, shed the bad contracts and start all over again.  You call that tanking.....whatever.  

13 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I want what is best for this team.  Winning meaningless games is not productive.  We are not talking about young high schoolers here.  No one is learning a "life lesson". 

We need to be rid of this entire coaching staff and we would benefit from a higher draft pick.  Higher draft picks are more valuable assets.   So, I don't mind us losing.  

Now, all of you high school/college rah-rah guys can scream and moan about principles and ideals.  All I care about is production and results.  It comes from years of competing at high levels in real life.  

This team is crap.  This coaching staff is crap.  Let's be clear about that.  Heroes, slogans and meaningless wins are crap.  We are not the best 4-win team in history.  We are simply a losing team.  

Ryan is a fine QB but he can not carry this offense.  And his salary says that he CAN carry an offense.  So, to me, that means that he is overpaid and basically useless.  

Time to rebuild.  Acquire the highest draft choice, shed the bad contracts and start all over again.  You call that tanking.....whatever.  

As if a top 10 pick guarantees anything or even improves anything. It's ONE pick. It's no guarantee. And no rookie is doing anything to extinguish this dumpster fire.

11 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

As if a top 10 pick guarantees anything or even improves anything. It's ONE pick. It's no guarantee. And no rookie is doing anything to extinguish this dumpster fire.

Yep you’re right .....but the right pick for a franchise QB could be that ONE pick. 

39 minutes ago, etherdome said:

But we fail in picking drafts also so what's the **** point.

Beasley , Takk 2 **** years of high picks in tubes!

I'm soo livid with scouting department if there's one 

54 minutes ago, etherdome said:

^^^^^ Pretty much what he said but I really dream of being the best 4 win team history 🤗

If losing is so 'great' for our future, then why do we still suck after three straight years of it?

Shouldn't all this pathetic lame losing sh't be showing a profit by now...or do we need a few more years of being a crap NFL team before the benefits of continual losing suddenly shine through?

Oh, I know...we're so lame we just don't know how much we should lose.

Yeah, that's it!  We'll only get to the mountaintop when we go 0-16 a few times!  Yes!

I understand now!

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

If losing is so 'great' for our future, then why do we still suck after three straight years of it?

Shouldn't all this pathetic lame losing sh't be showing a profit by now...or do we need a few more years of being a crap NFL team before the benefits of continual losing suddenly shine through?

Oh, I know...we're so lame we just don't know how much we should lose.

Yeah, that's it!  We'll only get to the mountaintop when we go 0-16 a few times!  Yes!

I understand now!

That’s just it...you have to be the best at losing before you can win. THEN you know how to beat losers.

7 hours ago, etherdome said:

But but but we close out this season strong and carry that momentum into next year.  LMAO  

Having a higher draft pick means more to the future of the Falcons than winning some meaningless game.  Draft picks aren't guaranteed but every NFL GM and HC would like a higher draft pick over a lower one.  Whether or not we make the right pick is a different story, but when you when you get to pick before 85%+ of the other teams then the odds are in your favor of getting the top guy on your draft board.  They need to bench Ryan for the last games along with Julio.  You will have no need to 'tank' then as it will take care of itself.  

9 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I thought the tankers WANTED to lose?

In not upset we lost. You can give me all the nonsense about draft place doesnt matter blah blah blah we just need someone who can evaluate talent etc. I will always disagree. Picking the right guy matters, but the earlier you pick the more talent is.still.out there. And.not just round 1.