Caller on 92.9 FM this morning.

Refried Beans

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Also I just want to point out yet again that we physically cannot trade Ryan and JJ. It's literally impossible due to the salary cap.

I was just about to ask this.

Trading Ryan turns his salary into something like a $44 million cap hit, or am I missing something?

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Trading Ryan turns his salary into something like a $44 million cap hit, or am I missing something?

You're not. We're already 25 mill above the cap right now, and trading both Ryan and JJ would double that. We'd have to cut every good player we have to even get under the cap.

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

It's been covered before. People dont read, comprehend, or care to function outside of a world without facts.

In terms of reality, you may restructure Matt at least heading into next year...more than a feasible trade. Julio idk if you can or should more like. Grady or Matthews or Deion Jones too. That's just to get under cap. Some may need restructuring before this notion of trades. Yet, we will have threads like this all offseason....lol

14 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

No, I rather have Zach Wilson. 

Even if the Falcons grab the heir in round 1, they definitely aren't trading up from their 1st pick. It would have to be a better value that falls to our 1st pick than a defender or even other offensive player.

IMO the new GM and HC will want a year with existing core to determine what to target AND when, given 2021 is impossible to move the aforementioned.

The new GM gets an "F" if he even thought of the idea of doing this impossible move.

Why can't people see the value of a new QB learning from Ryan for a year or 2? :doh:

I miss laughing at the posts we got a few years ago.  People would pick out players they want, and players they do not want, and make a shopping list. 

"We can trade Bob for Bill, cut John, draft Tom, Dave, George, Ronald, Henry, Steve, and Lamar who are all going to be pro bowlers.  Then when Brad, Ralph, Terry, Hiraldo, Len, Albert, Charles, Victor, and Murry become FAs, we pick them up.  We will be SB bound.  Who could stop us?"

I always envisioned the Falcons GM standing up during another team's selection at the draft and telling them they cannot draft that player.  The Falcons have dibs. 

Oh yes.  All of these players will come cheap because they want to win a SB with Atlanta.  What could go wrong?

26 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Dude said if Trevor Lawrence comes out and says he wont play for the Jets. The Falcons needs to trade Matt Ryan and Julio and their first round pick to JETS and get Jets first round pick. Said it would alleviate Falcons salary cap problems and give new GM a clean slate to work with. Though it was a great idea. 

Great idea? You think us being in even more cap trouble is a great idea? 

35 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Dude said if Trevor Lawrence comes out and says he wont play for the Jets. The Falcons needs to trade Matt Ryan and Julio and their first round pick to JETS and get Jets first round pick. Said it would alleviate Falcons salary cap problems and give new GM a clean slate to work with. Though it was a great idea. 

Uhh **** NAH..