Travis Ettienne

BirdGangATL

40 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I’d rather have Patrick Surtain and have an excellent CB duo than trade down to take a rb. I like Etienne but this is a super easy pass for me

I get it, but we are a very thin roster with just 27 guys under contract (after projected cuts) and no cap space.  We need to add as many quality player as possible via the draft.  

Look at the possibilities if you trade out of round 1

4pxp5a.jpg

11 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I’d rather have Patrick Surtain and have an excellent CB duo than trade down to take a rb. I like Etienne but this is a super easy pass for me

Surtain and AJ would be intriguing....especially if we could land an upgrade in Safety 

@FalconsIn2012  who's out there for FS free agency 

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I get it, but we are a very thin roster with just 27 guys under contract and no cap space.  We need to add as many quality player as possible via the draft.  

Look at the possibilities if you trade out of round 1

4pxp5a.jpg

If we pass up the top cb to draft a te and rb in the second I’m going to be a chiefs fan lol. I’d never be able to let a brand new GM live that down. I’m not into quantity over quality and I’m def not down with our first pick of this draft being a tight end

1 minute ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

If we pass up the top cb to draft a te and rb in the second I’m going to be a chiefs fan lol. I’d never be able to let a brand new GM live that down. I’m not into quantity over quality and I’m def not down with our first pick of this draft being a tight end

We draft a TE in the 1st....I will literally abandon ship.....with no life jacket with a weight tied to my ankle 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’d love a trade out of Rd 1 completely. Would then be able to get a quality EDGE, Safety & RB in the 2nd round.

You can’t go wrong with Harris, Etienne, Williams or Hubbard

That would probably be a first. Maybe Reeves did it. 

I'm always for trading down. Especially with our -$25M 2021 cap table and only 32 players under contract.

Watch the board and keep trading down if there're good players still out there. Try to get 10 picks.

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Justin Simmons.  Apparently he will be targeted in FA by us.  Dude is a stud

We gonna pay him in IOUs? 😁

Maye would be another option, likely more affordable than Simmons. That said I would love to see JS in ATL!

both these guys are good examples that you can find elite FS in the draft, and it doesn’t need to be a round 1 pick. (Maye round 2, Simmons round 3)

13 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I’ll pass on BAMA corners in the top 10.  It rarely works out

Surtsin still struggles with in breaking routes which makes him a liability at boundary corner.  Chase ate him alive on in breaking routes.  If it was Stingley, yes, I’ll take him top 5.  Not Surtain, though

13 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

We need playmakers on defense. We can go RB after the first.

There are not many defensive playmakers that you’d take at 6th.  Rousseau is about it, but he has red flags as well.  If the objective is defensive playmakers, trade back and add picks to give yourself better odds to get one.  

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

There are not many defensive playmakers that you’d take at 6th.  Rousseau is about it, but he has red flags as well.  If the objective is defensive playmakers, trade back and add picks to give yourself better odds to get one.  

Sounds good to me. But it's early still. Defensive players will rise up the board. I don't do much scouting myself until after the NFL season. Too much in flux.